Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 244

Thread: Good Headphones / Earphones

  1. #41

    Default Re: Good Headphones / Earphones

    I bought mine from this guy in HWZ who's selling a couple of other stuff as well. He happens to be my friend. Check out his thread if you want. The Atrio is is like having a 2.1 system in your head! Haha.

    http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/sh...ghlight=slowth



    Quote Originally Posted by vii_haven View Post

    Quote Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
    Where did you buy yours? I dont think Jaben or Stereo sells it.
    If you are into strong, engaging bass and good details, i'd recommend the Futuresonics Atrio. I own it and i LOVE it to bits.

  2. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    floating in space.
    Posts
    795

    Default Re: Good Headphones / Earphones

    Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    they are causing inflation of expectations mah! few years down the road i may need a good hearing aid. best if can hear people talk behind my back. mua-hahhaa...



    UM1 is a brand? got link for me to drool over the pic? i tot Sennheiser's CX300 were drool worthy enough.

    i oso like good quality sound but sometimes my ears (dunno wad brand) dun pair off that well.
    UM1 is a model from Westone. Someone else here has the UM2, higher end when compared to the UM1s. The UM1s do the job for me, and most importantly, they are extremely comfortable for in-ear monitors:

    http://www.westone.com/content/215.html

    Here's the setup you can purchase from Jaben (apologies for the shitty quality, just took this with my camera phone):



    iPod is connected to the crossroads amp via the dock connector, and the headphones are then plugged into the amp via the 3.5mm audio jack.
    D∞X, 1-∞ mm F0.17. I like to show off my equipment list because I'm pro. My Flickr

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Good Headphones / Earphones

    Quote Originally Posted by entropy_h View Post
    UM1 is a model from Westone. Someone else here has the UM2, higher end when compared to the UM1s. The UM1s do the job for me, and most importantly, they are extremely comfortable for in-ear monitors:

    http://www.westone.com/content/215.html

    Here's the setup you can purchase from Jaben (apologies for the shitty quality, just took this with my camera phone):

    iPod is connected to the crossroads amp via the dock connector, and the headphones are then plugged into the amp via the 3.5mm audio jack.
    wah, got pic . so that UM1 is earphone + the amp? if so, its quite abit of thing. i prefer just the earphones, but thatz just me.

    thanks.

  4. #44

    Default Re: Good Headphones / Earphones

    I recommend the Sony ones. Been very happy with them so far.
    Alpha

  5. #45

    Default Re: Good Headphones / Earphones

    The UM1 is just the earphones. The amp and cables are extras in the package by Jaben. However honestly, after using UM1, UM2, almost the entire Shure line before, nothing really beats the Futuresonics Atrio. The sound of the Atrio blows them all away - literally. Nothing gives you that kinda of natural sounding and thumping bass i've felt with the Atrio. Just costs a little more than the UM1. Honestly, I would say to save up a little more and go for the Atrio. It sounds way more than it costs. You can get a quick audition with the seller i've mentioned a few posts up. I love my set. If i'd lost it, i'll buy two more - one to use, and one to keep as a spare in case i lose it again!!

  6. #46
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    floating in space.
    Posts
    795

    Default Re: Good Headphones / Earphones

    Quote Originally Posted by vii_haven View Post
    The UM1 is just the earphones. The amp and cables are extras in the package by Jaben. However honestly, after using UM1, UM2, almost the entire Shure line before, nothing really beats the Futuresonics Atrio. The sound of the Atrio blows them all away - literally. Nothing gives you that kinda of natural sounding and thumping bass i've felt with the Atrio. Just costs a little more than the UM1. Honestly, I would say to save up a little more and go for the Atrio. It sounds way more than it costs. You can get a quick audition with the seller i've mentioned a few posts up. I love my set. If i'd lost it, i'll buy two more - one to use, and one to keep as a spare in case i lose it again!!
    Now you're making me gian for these Futuresonics. Would love to give them a try sometime. Comfort-wise, how do they compare to the UM1s?

    I love big bass and I can not lie!
    Last edited by entropy_h; 19th August 2008 at 02:57 PM.
    D∞X, 1-∞ mm F0.17. I like to show off my equipment list because I'm pro. My Flickr

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Woody Land
    Posts
    1,743

    Default Re: Good Headphones / Earphones

    Thanks everyone!

    lots of information given here. I would be looking for one that is sufficently blocks out hte train noise. I not sure if a solid Hi-Fi sound is really a must if I am on the train. just some music to keep myself entertained without blasting my eardrums.

    looking forward this weekend to test some of them.

    cheers!
    It is easier to critique than to create ; www.razin-photography.com
    My studio is available for rent

  8. #48
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Good Headphones / Earphones

    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Thanks everyone!

    lots of information given here. I would be looking for one that is sufficently blocks out hte train noise. I not sure if a solid Hi-Fi sound is really a must if I am on the train. just some music to keep myself entertained without blasting my eardrums.

    looking forward this weekend to test some of them.

    cheers!
    Heads up man....just got back from Sim Lim Sq...If you wanna try out the Sony's...on the 2nd or 3rd floor they have some from the $38.00 ones to the $400+ Sony in-ear phones you can try out. I was there to check out a blue tooth model so saw some guyt trying them out..no hassle or anything. You can't miss it...it is like a Sony showroom...all prices are displayed so easy for you to look see and decide. There is another shop near the Escalator as you come up to the 3rd floor. You can't miss it as it sell lots of headsets, mixers..etc. They have the whole line there..from low end to high end and beyond ridiculous. Prices are not bad with some bargaining.. bought quite a few of my headsets there all these years...but for some reason..I never can recall the name of the shop heheh...No harassing at this shop lah.

  9. #49
    Member Parka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    1,067

    Default Re: Good Headphones / Earphones

    I'm using Audio Technica ATH-ANC3 for my main earphones outdoors.

    It's great. I can sit in the bus, with 2 people quarreling two seats away in front of me and I can't hear a thing. iPod volume at half or less.

    5/5.

    Except that I don't like that extra bulk by get used to it already.



    Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Technica-Noise...9151730&sr=8-1

    I've a Shure se530. When I walk, I can head my feet walking. I can hear the wires hitting my chest. I can hear my own throat swallowing saliva. NOT good on the move. Other model I'm not too sure.

  10. #50

  11. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Good Headphones / Earphones

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    Heads up man....just got back from Sim Lim Sq...If you wanna try out the Sony's...on the 2nd or 3rd floor they have some from the $38.00 ones to the $400+ Sony in-ear phones you can try out. I was there to check out a blue tooth model so saw some guyt trying them out..no hassle or anything. You can't miss it...it is like a Sony showroom...all prices are displayed so easy for you to look see and decide. There is another shop near the Escalator as you come up to the 3rd floor. You can't miss it as it sell lots of headsets, mixers..etc. They have the whole line there..from low end to high end and beyond ridiculous. Prices are not bad with some bargaining.. bought quite a few of my headsets there all these years...but for some reason..I never can recall the name of the shop heheh...No harassing at this shop lah.
    wah, with all the pics of these gadgets. now u reminded me there is this wonderful shop that i can try them out?!

    looks like i will have to try much harder to resist spending $$$.

  12. #52
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Good Headphones / Earphones

    Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    wah, with all the pics of these gadgets. now u reminded me there is this wonderful shop that i can try them out?!

    looks like i will have to try much harder to resist spending $$$.
    hahahahah...well very sorry to you and your wallet lah heeeee

  13. #53

    Default Re: Good Headphones / Earphones

    Hope this helps


    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

  14. #54

    Thumbs up Re: Good Headphones / Earphones

    Creative EP-630, very good and cheap! using one now..

  15. #55
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    483

    Default Re: Good Headphones / Earphones

    Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    i dun have them (proof) on hand. i read it from papers.
    I see but I think the vol will cause more damage then earphones cos all designs also direct sound into ur ears, even those open type headphones.

  16. #56
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    483

    Default Re: Good Headphones / Earphones

    Quote Originally Posted by entropy_h View Post
    UM1 is a model from Westone. Someone else here has the UM2, higher end when compared to the UM1s. The UM1s do the job for me, and most importantly, they are extremely comfortable for in-ear monitors:

    http://www.westone.com/content/215.html

    Here's the setup you can purchase from Jaben (apologies for the shitty quality, just took this with my camera phone):



    iPod is connected to the crossroads amp via the dock connector, and the headphones are then plugged into the amp via the 3.5mm audio jack.
    These newer um1s sure look better than the old ones. The old ones have a cheap looking plastic tube slider.

    lol this thread make me miss my ums and er4. Gonna dig them out and listen to them again.

  17. #57

    Default Re: Good Headphones / Earphones

    Quote Originally Posted by vii_haven View Post
    The UM1 is just the earphones. The amp and cables are extras in the package by Jaben. However honestly, after using UM1, UM2, almost the entire Shure line before, nothing really beats the Futuresonics Atrio. The sound of the Atrio blows them all away - literally. Nothing gives you that kinda of natural sounding and thumping bass i've felt with the Atrio. Just costs a little more than the UM1. Honestly, I would say to save up a little more and go for the Atrio. It sounds way more than it costs. You can get a quick audition with the seller i've mentioned a few posts up. I love my set. If i'd lost it, i'll buy two more - one to use, and one to keep as a spare in case i lose it again!!

    Quote Originally Posted by entropy_h View Post
    Now you're making me gian for these Futuresonics. Would love to give them a try sometime. Comfort-wise, how do they compare to the UM1s?

    I love big bass and I can not lie!

    The Futuresonics is like...for example...going for a Leona Lewis concert, sitting in front of the stage, feeling the subwoofers, hearing her voice through the huge speakers, and feeling the atmosphere of the place all at the same time. That's how its like!

    Comfort wise, I can sleep with both the UM1 and the Futuresonics Atrio in my ears. No problem with that. You probably got to get new sleeves (Shure Grey flex sleeves or Olive, or Comply Foam, or Triple flanges) to go with the Atrio. The supplied ones are crap. The nozzle is the standard size like Westone, Shure and all so the normal sleeves will fit. Cables are great with no microphonics IF WORN OVER THE EAR. I wear it over the ear all the time so no issue for me.

    I'd say to start with the Futuresonics Atrio and stay there. Save a little bit more to get it because you'll honestly be getting the best. After owning the Westone UM1 and UM2, and almost the entire Shure line, and auditioning the Ultimate Ears, I'd say, you won't go wrong with the Atrio. I only regret not getting it earlier and saving all the time and money spent on the previous IEMs i owned / sold. Go get an audition from Slowth! Trust only your ears, not my words. Haha.

    In case some of you missed the link before, http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/sh...ghlight=slowth
    Last edited by vii_haven; 20th August 2008 at 12:11 PM.

  18. #58
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    floating in space.
    Posts
    795

    Default Re: Good Headphones / Earphones

    Quote Originally Posted by vii_haven View Post
    The Futuresonics is like...for example...going for a Leona Lewis concert, sitting in front of the stage, feeling the subwoofers, hearing her voice through the huge speakers, and feeling the atmosphere of the place all at the same time. That's how its like!

    Comfort wise, I can sleep with both the UM1 and the Futuresonics Atrio in my ears. No problem with that. You probably got to get new sleeves (Shure Grey flex sleeves or Olive, or Comply Foam, or Triple flanges) to go with the Atrio. The supplied ones are crap. The nozzle is the standard size like Westone, Shure and all so the normal sleeves will fit. Cables are great with no microphonics IF WORN OVER THE EAR. I wear it over the ear all the time so no issue for me.

    I'd say to start with the Futuresonics Atrio and stay there. Save a little bit more to get it because you'll honestly be getting the best. After owning the Westone UM1 and UM2, and almost the entire Shure line, and auditioning the Ultimate Ears, I'd say, you won't go wrong with the Atrio. I only regret not getting it earlier and saving all the time and money spent on the previous IEMs i owned / sold. Go get an audition from Slowth! Trust only your ears, not my words. Haha.

    In case some of you missed the link before, http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/sh...ghlight=slowth
    Futuresonics should be paying you some money for your advertising and persuasive powers!
    D∞X, 1-∞ mm F0.17. I like to show off my equipment list because I'm pro. My Flickr

  19. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Good Headphones / Earphones

    Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    I see but I think the vol will cause more damage then earphones cos all designs also direct sound into ur ears, even those open type headphones.
    but those inner-ear earphones are enclosed designed. i think the sound pressure oso plays a part.

  20. #60

    Default Re: Good Headphones / Earphones

    I'm not advertising. Haha. I'm just recommending something that i really like. And helping all of you save some money in this endless journey! Haha. Soon you'll start looking for portable headphone amps..and the list goes on...Haha. I've been there done that; wait a minute..been there, still doing that!

    Its like buying camera and lenses. Its non-stop...haha.


    Quote Originally Posted by entropy_h View Post
    Futuresonics should be paying you some money for your advertising and persuasive powers!

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •