Thread: Good Headphones / Earphones

Default Re: Good Headphones / Earphones

It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

mylar x3i/b/lb ~$70
    eat. drink. shoot

creative ep-630, got it at 40%(staff) off from a frend. good enough for non-audiophile/critical listener.

Quote Originally Posted by vii_haven View Post
    If you are into strong, engaging bass and good details, i'd recommend the Futuresonics Atrio. I own it and i LOVE it to bits.
    Where did you buy yours? I dont think Jaben or Stereo sells it.

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    as far as they go those in-ear earphones are also dependant on external environment as they do not totally shut noise out.

i do not own the UM1, so i can't really comment on it. but i guess the Sennheiser would suffice for most. while each time a TS ask for suggestion on a product. there will be those recommending the sky, sometimes despite a cap on budget. but not this case...

my Sony MDR-EX71 is a good combo for its price, performance & durablilty. with a little TLC on my part, it last for another few more years.
    That's true as well. I do think the UM1s are darn good value for money at about $160 though. But yes, I'm sure most would suffice. My brother has a pair of cheap V-Modas In-Ear which pump out a shitload of bass. Those are good value for money too if you dig a lot of bass.
    D∞X, 1-∞ mm F0.17. I like to show off my equipment list because I'm pro. My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    you notice that too har?..simple reason don't you think why that is the case heheheh....
    they are causing inflation of expectations mah! few years down the road i may need a good hearing aid. best if can hear people talk behind my back. mua-hahhaa...

Quote Originally Posted by entropy_h View Post
    That's true as well. I do think the UM1s are darn good value for money at about $160 though. But yes, I'm sure most would suffice. My brother has a pair of cheap V-Modas In-Ear which pump out a shitload of bass. Those are good value for money too if you dig a lot of bass.
    UM1 is a brand? got link for me to drool over the pic? i tot Sennheiser's CX300 were drool worthy enough.

i oso like good quality sound but sometimes my ears (dunno wad brand) dun pair off that well.

Quote Originally Posted by GavinTing View Post
    Creative EP-630

EP-830

Quote Originally Posted by entropy_h View Post
    I own a Ultimate Ears SUPER.Fi 4vi.The only reasons i got this is bcos it blocks out surrounding sounds n my iphone's vol is usually running @ 50% of the totally vol.(yes,i take the trains too.)I agree that v modas r full of bass but it has a record of users complaining how easily it breaks down.

u can try UE @ Jaben.
    as for V Modas,u can try the Apple Authorised Reseller @ Vivi's lvl 2 near the handshops r.One of the staff was kind enff to loan me his for a try.

If you think you have the money to spend I tink you should try Shure's earphones. I had one and I'm loving it since I bought it.
    Dun buy the high end series cos its no use unless you have an stand-alone amplifier, which some ppl will have. Just get the lower range and it should do you well.

Mine's a Shure SE210 btw.

+1 for crossroads x3i and the x3b (for stronger bass)

cheap at $65-70, and good enough for me. it was my first pair of IEMs, and was already a marked difference from using normal earphones. blocks out ambient noise with the right size of silicone tips (3 sizes included).

i run my iPod at 42-43% volume level on the train, and PSP at 63-67% volume level on a noisy bumboat while sitting over the engine compartment. my songs are all trashy rips
    www.colouredshots.com
    Kodak film disposable camera

Deregistered

i wonder does those noise cancelling earphones damage your ears faster?

sennheiser pxc300

Quote Originally Posted by jacob View Post
    i wonder does those noise cancelling earphones damage your ears faster?
    to a certain extend yes, but, that may depend on the volume set by individual user in his/her environment?

speaking of environment, those who regularly go pubs that blast music to the max isn't doing much better....

to a certain extend yes, but, that may depend on the volume set by individual user in his/her environment?

speaking of environment, those who regularly go pubs that blast music to the max isn't doing much better....
    To what extent do noise cancelling headphones damage your hearing?
    I thought it was just to do with how loud and how long you strain your ears (as you have mentioned), but noise cancelling causing damage?
    my flickr - adamloh.com

by inherent design (regarding inner-ear phones), the sound comes directly into the ear canal. no escape, more or less full blast (sonic boom?). but as long as dun set volume too high can liao.

by inherent design (regarding inner-ear phones), the sound comes directly into the ear canal. no escape, more or less full blast (sonic boom?). but as long as dun set volume too high can liao.
    What kinda logic is this? Got scientific prove? I'm interested as well cos mine is an in-ear design.

Ok, yes, so as you're moving the sound source deeper into the ear, you're decreasing the distance increasing the intensity with inverse square... but even if you put the source deep inside the ear "as long as dun set volume too high can liao".

hoho reminds me of highschool
    my flickr - adamloh.com

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    What kinda logic is this? Got scientific prove? I'm interested as well cos mine is an in-ear design.
    i dun have them (proof) on hand. i read it from papers.

I'm using the Denon AH-C700(s) being silver and not the black one. The high to mid range is fantastic, with the bass warm and mellow. Got it from Japan at about 200 SGD. You can get it in Singapore at Audiohouse (where Dimaru is) at about SGD260...
    Nikon D700,50mm f1.8, 14-24 f2.8, 24-70 f2.8, 70-300 f4-5.6

currently usin this audio technica...awesome sound and design...price around $230++

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast