Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6910111213 LastLast

Thread: Good Headphones / Earphones

Default Re: Good Headphones / Earphones

Quote Originally Posted by photobum View Post
    Yes, premium cable will give less noise and distortion.
    i oni know those from large electrical stores, those packaging states 99.997% OFC like Daiyo is premium anot?

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    i oni know those from large electrical stores, those packaging states 99.997% OFC like Daiyo is premium anot?
    It is known as microphone cables. You can purchase them soldered or loose from Hung Brothers at Sim Lim Square.

Daiyo is just made of ordinary OFC cables. In fact, most audio cables are oxygen free.
    Last edited by photobum; 2nd November 2008 at 06:53 PM.

It is known as microphone cables. You can purchase them soldered or loose from Hung Brothers at Sim Lim Square.

Daiyo is just made of ordinary OFC cables. In fact, most audio cables are oxygen free.
    oic, never ask never know. thanks!

... & i tot those from Daiyo is premium.

oic, never ask never know. thanks!

... & i tot those from Daiyo is premium.
    Take a look at silver-gold or pure silver cables such as those made by Siltech. Their top-of-line cables cost more than S$1,000 a metre. Now, that's premium.

Here is the link.
    Last edited by photobum; 2nd November 2008 at 07:10 PM.

Take a look at silver-gold or pure silver cables such as those made by Siltech. Their top-of-line cables cost more than S$1,000 a metre. Now, that's premium.

Here is the link.
    thatz way out of my budget...

thatz way out of my budget...
    u are not alone...

1k for 1m of rubber and gold sliver or whatever is crazy to me..... but i am sure my father knows about all these audiophile thing since he used to be crazy over them until recently when he gave up....

and started taking cameras out and play. (which i was glad it happened.... )

ok monday i will go check the price of the AKG headphones... and update u guys when i got info....

and btw.. last time i hooked up my HD215 on a ipod shuffle.. and i tell u. the sound is ..... hahahhahaa.. good lei.

of course it gets better when u plug into those bigger ipods... ..

my dad has those old marantz and denon preamps and i dunno what are those lah. some no brand one with glass tubes sticking outwards and glow when they are on, and have to wait for 15 mins to warm up....

lol.... (i hope i didnt get some poison here.)

Quote Originally Posted by glennyong View Post
    ok monday i will go check the price of the AKG headphones... and update u guys when i got info....

got a gut feeling u may come here post for another recommendation. ... just a guess lah.

and btw.. last time i hooked up my HD215 on a ipod shuffle.. and i tell u. the sound is ..... hahahhahaa.. good lei.
    It looks like you haven't heard or seen the Sennheiser HE90 Orpheus. It is one hell of a headphone with valve (red hot glowing protruding glass tubes) amp.

Wilson has got one in his house. If you have a chance, ask him to bring it to the shop.
    Last edited by photobum; 3rd November 2008 at 07:16 AM.

1k for 1m of rubber and gold sliver...
    Let me correct you. It is S$1K for 1 metre of TEFLON insulation, 24K gold and PURE silver.
    Last edited by photobum; 2nd November 2008 at 11:17 PM.

it looks like you haven't heard or seen the sennheiser he90 orpheus. It is one hell of a headphone with valve (red hot glowing protruding glass tubes) amp.

Wilson has got one in his house. If you have a chance, ask him to bring it to the shop.
    wth !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Omg !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lookksss superly cool ~

should i also get the headphone amps also ? head about it. dunno hw good it works.

IMAGE COURTESY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE WEBSITES + OWNERS + WHATEVERS. blah !

Go Jade at Shaw Centre. They carry a wide-range of Denon earphones and headphones.

The uncle there will give you 'student' price even if when you are not a student.
    this shop got carry AKG products ?

this shop got carry AKG products ?
    They used to many years ago, but now they focus on mainstream brands like Denon, Panasonic, Sony, JVC and Audio-Technica, etc. After all, most of their customers are students.

should i also get the headphone amps also ? head about it. dunno hw good it works.
    If you listen to an iPod and wants your headphones to sound its best, you'll need an amp.
    Last edited by photobum; 5th November 2008 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    HI Everyone,

I take the train and use my Ipod and the bundled earphone to listen to music. To overcome the noise of the trains, I tend to push up the vol quite high. Overtime, i think there is some bad effects of loud earphones to the ear.

I thought of buying a set of headphones/earphones to block out the noise so that I dun have to push up the vol of the Ipod too loud. Any recommendations?
    I use Audio Technica ATH-CK7. Balanced performance - Bass is firm, highs are lively without simbilance.

ATH-CK7 is ultra high quality Inner Ear Earphones features 11 mm Diameter Driver delivers deeper bass, extended treble and higher fidelity, yet remains small enough to fit inside your ear. With neodymium magnet for maximum energy in minimum size; it is far more powerful than conventional Samarium Cobalt or Aluminum magnets. Adopts high elastic elastomer cord/code that well protects the wires inside and hard to entwine. Designed with a simple and classic look. Great for outdoor purposes. Available in silver only.

Specifications:

* Type: Dynamic
    * Driver Diameter: 11 mm
    * Magnet Neodymium
    * Frequency Response: 12 - 24,000 Hz
    * Maximum Input Level: 250 mW
    * Output Sound Level: 104 dB/mW
    * Impedance: 16 ohms
    * Weight: 10 g
    * Cable: 1.2 m
    * Connector: 3.5 mm mini stereo, gold-plated
    * Accessories: Furnished Ear pad (L, M, S - 3 pieces), protective portable wallet pouch

They used to many years ago, but now they focus on mainstream brands like Denon, Panasonic, Sony, JVC and Audio-Technica, etc. After all, most of their customers are students.

If you listen to an iPod and wants your headphones to sound its best, you'll need an amp.
    yeah... i will just get the amp... and as for headphones, since 2molo i am heading down to sein.. i see if they can show me some good stuffs. they just gotta convince me to stay with this brand and make me part my hard earn money lah... =p

was just wondering, any well known shops here in sg selling AKG headphones?
    and how much is their cheapest headphones and what model? ( the head type eg http://www.akg.com/personal/K_530_LT..._psmand,1.html )

thanks!!

today i paid a good visit to seinheiser's svc ctr... had my HD215 serviced, and parts replaced. and of course...met up with a old friend there...

who later offered me to listen a HD280.... sounds more like a "slight improvement" over my 215. and he later offered me a relatively good price lah compared with whats been offered outside.

and yes. couldnt resist the offer and i decided to get it.... and.... he later asked "u using it listen on your hi-fi set or what ?"

i told him "ipod lah.... "

and the next moment he quickly recommends me to get a headphone amp for it. so that i can get the maximum performance of both my 215 and 280....

and when i asked if he could recommend me one..... he say... well i dun have a headphone for my ipod so i cant recommend u any....

and well so much for today... enough of my grandfather sorry..... in short...

photobum or anyone..... (i got so many questions...)

got good amps to introduce ? i know theres some that range from $30-$1000 over.... anything less den $100 is fine. any ideas ?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Knight View Post
    was just wondering, any well known shops here in sg selling AKG headphones?
    and how much is their cheapest headphones and what model? ( the head type eg http://www.akg.com/personal/K_530_LT..._psmand,1.html )

thanks!!
    they have one which retails for $69++ at SLS.... i not too sure of the model, but definately headphones for sure.

photobum or anyone..... (i got so many questions...)
    That depends on the kind of music you listen to. For stronger bass, extended dynamic and extra punch, try Ibasso P3.

Both Ray Samuels SR-71A and Gilmore Lite are very good amps too.
    Last edited by photobum; 6th November 2008 at 11:00 PM.

That depends on the kind of music you listen to. For stronger bass, extended dynamic and extra punch, try Ibasso P3.

Both Ray Samuels SR-71A and Gilmore Lite are very good amps too.
    i hope they are not more den $100 thou.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6910111213 LastLast