Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 589101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Headphones / Earphones

Default Re: Good Headphones / Earphones

Quote Originally Posted by photobum View Post
    Definitely better (in term of sound quality and built) than the Sennheiser HD280 in my opinion.
    I can't comment on sound quality of the HD280 since I don't have anything better to compare them with, but the build quality does leave something to be desired. Some of the parts are plastic and can break easily. It doesn't affect the functionality of the headphones, but I expected better for something in this price range. I had to fix mine with clear packing tape, giving it a ghetto look.

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    ok! updates!

I finally bought an Audio Technica inner-ear headphones ATH-CKM50 after considering my needs, budget and usage.

Cost me $68 at Stereo Causeway point. As I initially want to keep the MRT noise out, an inner -ear version seems to works better than normal one. and since i dun really need high-end true hi-fi on the road, an decent entry level will do for me.

Thanks everyone for your contribution to this discussion!
    I got a cheaper version one....... 36 bucks only hahahaha but the sound also just decent only la, but not as great as the one i used, creative one. Both same price but creative is much better in sound.... sighz..... buy liao, so LL lor... just use it till it die...
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

Quote Originally Posted by Tupi Guy View Post
    I got a cheaper version one....... 36 bucks only hahahaha but the sound also just decent only la, but not as great as the one i used, creative one. Both same price but creative is much better in sound.... sighz..... buy liao, so LL lor... just use it till it die...
    Try swimming with them lor....you will soon get a good reason to change to a newer one heheheh...

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    Try swimming with them lor....you will soon get a good reason to change to a newer one heheheh...
    swimming???? i dun swim one leh....hahahaha i will drown lor... sighz.... need not to swim then to change lor. Just use it 1st lor then see how....
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

Quote Originally Posted by lennyl View Post
    I can't comment on sound quality of the HD280 since I don't have anything better to compare them with, but the build quality does leave something to be desired. Some of the parts are plastic and can break easily. It doesn't affect the functionality of the headphones, but I expected better for something in this price range. I had to fix mine with clear packing tape, giving it a ghetto look.
    Agree.

After owning two Sennheiser headphones (HD540 Reference and HD560), I literally give up buying their products (except the HE90 probably).
    Last edited by photobum; 15th October 2008 at 08:46 PM.

the AKG looks good thou..

but comparing the specs..

AKG
    http://www.akg.com/personal/K_518_DJ..._psmand,1.html

vs

my existing Sein
    http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser...=500156&row=3#

what u guys think ?

Quote Originally Posted by glennyong View Post
    the AKG looks good thou..

but comparing the specs..

AKG
    http://www.akg.com/personal/K_518_DJ..._psmand,1.html

vs

my existing Sein
    http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser...=500156&row=3#

what u guys think ?
    At 150 grams, the AKG will definitely feels lighter on your head during prolong wearing. In general, AKG headphones are quite neutral sounding, so I believe this one is similar also. Professional DJ headphones must withstand daily use and high SPL. Therefore, these headphones should be using more rigid drivers as compared to conventional models.
    Last edited by photobum; 2nd November 2008 at 12:58 AM.

wads the price difference?

the AKG looks really impressive though... either way, for portable music looks like overkill.

At 150 grams, the AKG will definitely feels lighter on your head during prolong wearing. In general, AKG headphones are quite neutral sounding. This DJ headphone may be using more rigid driver units as compared to the HD215.
    hmmm i hope so.. my HD215 sounds abit "koyak" after 1-2yrs liao.... so its time to try something new.

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post

the AKG looks really impressive though... either way, for portable music looks like overkill.
    price difference i also dunno.. when i got the HD215, it was around $149, now is $139.. and for a 2yr old product that is still in production and price drops for $5/yr is relatively good liao.....

i just need a good headphones to really enjoy beegees and my few good cds...

Nothing is as overkill as using a 600mm f4 lens to photograph swimsuit models.

price difference i also dunno.. when i got the HD215, it was around $149, now is $139.. and for a 2yr old product that is still in production and price drops for $5/yr is relatively good liao.....

i just need a good headphones to really enjoy beegees and my few good cds...
    go for the AKG, lighter is betta. i not paying so nebermind price...

hmmm i hope so.. my HD215 sounds abit "koyak" after 1-2yrs liao.... so its time to try something new.
    If you have the habit of blasting your music at full volume, get the DJ headphones.

Nothing is as overkill as using a 600mm f4 lens to photograph swimsuit models.
    i cant afford mah...

lighter is betta.
    I agree.

I have the AKG K240 Studio, and I find it too heavy for prolong use.

The headphones won't feel heavy at first, but I bet you will feel the weight after 30 minutes of continuous listening.
    Last edited by photobum; 2nd November 2008 at 01:11 AM.

I agree.

I have the AKG K240 Studio, and I find it too heavy for prolong use.

The headphones won't feel heavy at first, but I bet you will feel the weight after 30 minutes of continuous listening.
    for casual listening, i would get the best IEM of similiar price to headphone i aim, as light as feather. need extension cable oni.

for casual listening, i would get the best IEM of similiar price to headphone i aim, as light as feather. need extension cable oni.
    As mentioned in this thread earlier (read post #145), I can't use anything that plugs into the auditory canal. It will cause me serious problems.
    Last edited by photobum; 2nd November 2008 at 01:48 AM.

If you have the habit of blasting your music at full volume, get the DJ headphones.
    blasting isnt a everyday thing. just when i needed to get away from all those stupid noises happening around me, or when the whole environment is no different from a market. these headphones play a critical role in blocking those sounds out.

both are DJ headphones isnt it ? HD215 is what i have. its the AKG that catches my eye this time round...

go for the AKG, lighter is betta. i not paying so nebermind price...
    yes.. lighter is better.. the sein is already light imho... hahahhaa.... as for price... if its sub $200.. i guess can consider...

both are DJ headphones isnt it ? HD215 is what i have.
    Yes, both of them are.

As mentioned in this thread earlier (read post #145), I can't use anything that plugs into the auditory canal. It will cause me serious problems.
    ya hor, but i think the sound oso diff (in-ear vs DJing headphone). but in Glennyong's case ler?

is there any noticeable difference when using those mass market extension cords. i have no idea if there is such a thing as premium grade 1s...

ya hor, but i think the sound oso diff (in-ear vs DJing headphone). but in Glennyong's case ler?

is there any noticeable difference when using those mass market extension cords. i have no idea if there is such a thing as premium grade 1s...
    Yes, premium cable will give less noise and distortion.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 589101112 ... LastLast