Thread: where is the standard from Mediacorp ? (table-tennis woman's final)

Default where is the standard from Mediacorp ? (table-tennis woman's final)

i was waiting for the table-tennis final highlights from ch8 news at 10pm just now

instead there is no highlights at all , just a few photos and some words ,

no detail report at all , after that the cast still mentioned that they will interview the people

from sport halls? make no sense to me , i thought they should have send some reporters to

interview straightaway after they clinched the silver medal ?
    Last edited by legiz; 17th August 2008 at 10:58 PM. Reason: type wrongly

Default Re: where is the standard from Mediacorp ? (table-tennis woman's final)

Wat standard? Free to air can't ask too much. But to be fair, CH5 got highlights every night at 11pm and they had a long segment tonite on the table tennis win. Ok we lost but still won silver.

Quite good already lah, Ch U and 5 showing live. 2 ch let u choose, I dunno why also.

not even bronze standard?

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    Wat standard? Free to air can't ask too much. But to be fair, CH5 got highlights every night at 11pm and they had a long segment tonite on the table tennis win. Ok we lost but still won silver.

Quite good already lah, Ch U and 5 showing live. 2 ch let u choose, I dunno why also.

honestly speaking i should at least expect to have 'live' telecast interview coverage in beijing,

our local tv station really sub standard , this is not the first time , for example footballs result for EPL or CL did not provide highlights video(is it very expensive or inconvinent to provide this?) too most of the time , only photos , really miser since we already paid so much money for the EPL and CL already. our tv station damn chiam compare to other countries one.

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    not even bronze standard?
    ya u r right

What do u expect from a free channel?
    Canon EOS 30D , EF 17-40mm F4L USM , EF-S 55-250mm F/4-5.6 IS

Quote Originally Posted by eosdigital View Post
    What do u expect from a free channel?
    #1 - It is not free. We have to pay an annual TV licence fee to watch the local tv channels. You can say cheap though.

#2 - Other countries also have this cheap TV what... but their standard...
    The best photographer is one who is inspired by the innate nature of his subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post

Talking about that...how do you watch HD on channel 5?

Quote Originally Posted by checkers View Post
    Talking about that...how do you watch HD on channel 5?
    You need the Set top box to watch HD5.

But if you ask me, i would not recommend buying one to watch HD5 because not all shows are HD. It's merely a telecast of regular 5 only that some programs are aired in HD.
    Either way, quality of FTA shows suck anyway.

I ended up wasting my time and money getting a STB($400!!!) just to pull the plug off it because i subscribe to cable a few months later and needed the Input pt on TV. And just recently Starhub started having HD5 on their cable so i just needed the Starhub HD STB to view it.
    What a waste!
    Canon EOS 30D , EF 17-40mm F4L USM , EF-S 55-250mm F/4-5.6 IS

Quote Originally Posted by WuffRuff View Post
    #1 - It is not free. We have to pay an annual TV licence fee to watch the local tv channels. You can say cheap though.

#2 - Other countries also have this cheap TV what... but their standard...
    Hehe.. I guess one way to see it is that other countries have more people, thus, higher total revenue.
    Meow!