Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 68

Thread: Comex IT Fair 28th-31st August 08

  1. #21
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Beside Fernando Torress
    Posts
    427

    Default Re: Comex IT Fair 28th-31st August 08

    Quote Originally Posted by vonlichenstein View Post
    fwah got discount if CSers go there find you not? haha i'm looking to buy a dry cabi and a 3.5" HDD
    Hmm.. i not sure eh.. but i know got hourly Offer During Saturday and Sunday..

    3.5" Maxtor Or Seagate ?

  2. #22
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Beside Fernando Torress
    Posts
    427

    Default Re: Comex IT Fair 28th-31st August 08

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    btw hor, your sig is like waiting to get busted... lol... think u better change it... non photography item...
    haha. paiseh laa.

  3. #23

    Default Re: Comex IT Fair 28th-31st August 08

    2.5'' and 3.5" what's the different?
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

  4. #24
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Beside Fernando Torress
    Posts
    427

    Default Re: Comex IT Fair 28th-31st August 08

    Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    2.5'' and 3.5" what's the different?
    2.5" is more for laptop usage as its using USB to run.

    but the 3.5" version need External Power To Run The External HDD. So is more recommended for Desktop use.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    2,156

    Default Re: Comex IT Fair 28th-31st August 08

    Quote Originally Posted by domdomino View Post
    Anyone thought of buying anything already?
    it's time to save save save.

  6. #26

    Default Re: Comex IT Fair 28th-31st August 08

    Quote Originally Posted by domdomino View Post
    Hmm.. i not sure eh.. but i know got hourly Offer During Saturday and Sunday..

    3.5" Maxtor Or Seagate ?
    whichever is cheaper. haha the quality difference isn't noticable (to me) so i'd rather save the extra bit.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Comex IT Fair 28th-31st August 08

    Quote Originally Posted by domdomino View Post
    Hmm.. i not sure eh.. but i know got hourly Offer During Saturday and Sunday..

    3.5" Maxtor Or Seagate ?
    u every hour post here the lobang... TIA...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  8. #28

    Default Re: Comex IT Fair 28th-31st August 08

    Actually, for external HDD im not sure if Maxtor still have the promo price for the 160GB Basic @ $99, that one is quite a tempting offer which i took one or two years back then
    Canon EOS 30D , EF 17-40mm F4L USM , EF-S 55-250mm F/4-5.6 IS

  9. #29

    Default Re: Comex IT Fair 28th-31st August 08

    Quote Originally Posted by domdomino View Post
    Hmm.. i not sure eh.. but i know got hourly Offer During Saturday and Sunday..

    3.5" Maxtor Or Seagate ?
    Quote Originally Posted by eosdigital View Post
    Actually, for external HDD im not sure if Maxtor still have the promo price for the 160GB Basic @ $99, that one is quite a tempting offer which i took one or two years back then
    wah if thats one or 2 years back now the price should be lower already.

  10. #30

    Default Re: Comex IT Fair 28th-31st August 08

    Quote Originally Posted by vonlichenstein View Post
    wah if thats one or 2 years back now the price should be lower already.
    Most probly but not likely because last year the price was the same. Either way this indicate the mean price for an everyday external HDD. Prices are falling by the year and a 1TB is getting more affordable
    Canon EOS 30D , EF 17-40mm F4L USM , EF-S 55-250mm F/4-5.6 IS

  11. #31

    Default Re: Comex IT Fair 28th-31st August 08

    Quote Originally Posted by eosdigital View Post
    Most probly but not likely because last year the price was the same. Either way this indicate the mean price for an everyday external HDD. Prices are falling by the year and a 1TB is getting more affordable
    eh whats the average price of a 1TB HDD? i was thinking of getting one so i wouldn't have to keep deleting stuff to keep some free space available. i have a fair bit of photos from my shoots, animations from school as well as videos from projects/friends that i store in 2 seperate HDDs at the moment

  12. #32

    Default Re: Comex IT Fair 28th-31st August 08

    Quote Originally Posted by vonlichenstein View Post
    eh whats the average price of a 1TB HDD? i was thinking of getting one so i wouldn't have to keep deleting stuff to keep some free space available. i have a fair bit of photos from my shoots, animations from school as well as videos from projects/friends that i store in 2 seperate HDDs at the moment
    Hard for me to say because i've not been to last year's Show but i guess it's abt 500-700+
    Canon EOS 30D , EF 17-40mm F4L USM , EF-S 55-250mm F/4-5.6 IS

  13. #33

    Default Re: Comex IT Fair 28th-31st August 08

    Quote Originally Posted by eosdigital View Post
    Hard for me to say because i've not been to last year's Show but i guess it's abt 500-700+
    hmmm thats a bout 300-400 over my budget. haha still saving for 70-200 or a second hand 80-200.

  14. #34

    Default Re: Comex IT Fair 28th-31st August 08

    Quote Originally Posted by vonlichenstein View Post
    hmmm thats a bout 300-400 over my budget. haha still saving for 70-200 or a second hand 80-200.
    With your budget only ard $200, i think you can only get a HDD in the 320-500GB range.
    Canon EOS 30D , EF 17-40mm F4L USM , EF-S 55-250mm F/4-5.6 IS

  15. #35

    Default Re: Comex IT Fair 28th-31st August 08

    Quote Originally Posted by eosdigital View Post
    With your budget only ard $200, i think you can only get a HDD in the 320-500GB range.
    hmmm wah prices never move much at all since last year then.... i bought a 500gb one at 200+ last year.

  16. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    261

    Default Re: Comex IT Fair 28th-31st August 08

    when the day comex is up think at sim lim lesser ppl?

    im looking for 2.5" Maxtor HDD
    250gb+ perhaps?

    any discount for student/Cser? :P
    Nikon D300s|D80|11-16 f2.8|17-50 f2.8|70-200 f2.8|35 f1.8|SB800|

  17. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Comex IT Fair 28th-31st August 08

    an internal 500gb hdd is about 112 1-2 weeks before in sls, a 1tb is about less than 300iirc... or should be around there... its not expensive now... ram price is low too.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  18. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Comex IT Fair 28th-31st August 08

    Quote Originally Posted by ziincx View Post
    when the day comex is up think at sim lim lesser ppl?

    im looking for 2.5" Maxtor HDD
    250gb+ perhaps?

    any discount for student/Cser? :P
    u think he open 1 ar... lol...

    2.5" might as well get 320gb, price difference only few bucks, 500gb will be a leap.

    and yeap, ppl chiong shows, i go SLS, super empty, and well, some shop close too...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  19. #39

    Default Re: Comex IT Fair 28th-31st August 08

    Gosh luckily i notice bout this fair, or else i would have get my 1st DSLR, 450D at john 3:16 >_<

    would like to know it's better to buy at comex fair or those shop?

  20. #40

    Default Re: Comex IT Fair 28th-31st August 08

    Quote Originally Posted by JChris View Post
    Gosh luckily i notice bout this fair, or else i would have get my 1st DSLR, 450D at john 3:16 >_<

    would like to know it's better to buy at comex fair or those shop?
    that depends. do you want to pay extra for freebies that you won't need? these kind of fairs tend to package in strange items into the deal, and often you're paying for the "freebies" as well. just like me, i was dumb enough to buy the D80 under the Nikon sale, paid an amount that indicated the inclusion of the price of the cheap tripod and bag that came with it. pffft.

    I'd rather buy from a shop like John 3:16 (since you used this example) and get a package deal with a lesns that i want and a good tripod/bag/whatever-you-want. Just my opinion

    Cheers, and good luck with your purchase!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •