Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3678910131833 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB - You'll Never Walk Alone! season27

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB - You'll Never Walk Alone! season27

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32 View Post
    Newcastle bo pian la... if they want to buy a striker of Owen's quality, min transfer fee also 10m pound right? They rather pay him more in wages to keep him... of course thats provided Owen is fit and scoring.
    owen n fitness.... dun rhyme leh. hahahhahaa

anyway, not our problem anymore. nice to see oldcastle having problems.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    Arsene Wenger says he is surprised by Great Britain's gold rush at the Olympic Games. "I didn't know the English were good at swimming," said the Arsenal manager. "I have been in this country for 12 years and I haven't seen a swimming pool." (The Times) haha
    i m oso stunned at G.B's good showing in the pools!!!
    coz everyone knows that in GB,only one pool that matters...LIVERPOOL... thats why AW cannot see swimming pool liao...

Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post
    coz everyone knows that in GB,only one pool that matters...LIVERPOOL... thats why AW cannot see swimming pool liao...
    confirm leh.

well said ah

CISSE SET FOR SUNDERLAND SWITCH

Sunderland are on the verge of completing the loan signing of Djibril Cisse after reaching an "agreement in principle" with Marseille over the transfer of the striker.

Cisse's future has been the subject of much speculation all summer, with the France international being linked with a number of Premier League sides.

But in a statement released on Marseille's official website, OM president Pape Diouf has confirmed the former Liverpool striker is on his way to the Black Cats.

"An agreement in principle has been reached between OM and Sunderland for the loan of Djibril Cisse to the English club until the end of the season," Diouf said on om.net.

He added: "Some details still need to be sorted out ahead of the confirmation of the loan."

REDS PRICED OUT OF RIERA DEAL

Liverpool look set to renew their interest in Stewart Downing after Espanyol demanded 16m for Albert Riera.

Having failed to raise the funds to buy Gareth Barry from Aston Villa, the Reds were hoping to buy Riera for around 9m, but the Spanish club have reportedly invoked a 16m release clause for the winger.

Riera's agent, Magico Diaz, told the Liverpool Echo: "Liverpool want Riera but are reluctant to meet Espanyol's demands."

That means that Liverpool are instead likely to turn back to Downing, who could be available for a more realistic 12m.

not sure how good downing is. but i bet it is a more realistic offer for 12m GBP rather than 16 or 18!

RIISE: I HAD TO MAKE OVERSEAS MOVE

John Arne Riise has admitted he could not have played for another English club after leaving Liverpool.

The 27-year-old Norway international, who will line up for his country against the Republic of Ireland on Wednesday, made a summer move to Roma after realising his chances at Anfield could be limited during the final year of his contract as manager Rafael Benitez strengthened his squad further.

He did so after rejecting the advances of a series of Premier League suitors.

Riise said: "Clubs like Liverpool are always looking round the world for players, and there is always going to be someone new challenging you.

"It was sudden. One day I was a Liverpool player, the next I was going to leave.

"I just wanted to make sure I got the best possible club. There was no way I was going to be comfortable playing for another English club, and I had plenty of offers from other clubs in the Premier League.

"I didn't have to leave because I had another year left, but I did want to be playing regularly and I didn't feel that would happen this season if I stayed.

"I spent seven years at Liverpool and played more than 250 games. The challenge in Italy was the right one for my career and the time was right to change to another country."

Riise's departure came as disquiet behind the scenes at Liverpool rumbled on with Benitez and the club's owners seemingly at odds at times.

However, the Norwegian is convinced the Reds are heading in the right direction.

He said: "Of course there are problems between the owners and the manager, but hopefully they can resolve those problems and settle down."

Whatever the differences behind the scenes, the manager was granted at least one of his wishes this summer when he landed 20million striker Robbie Keane from Tottenham.

The Ireland captain will find himself in direct competition with Riise and his defensive colleagues this evening, and the Molde-born player knows exactly what to expect.

He said: "He is a fantastic player and a fantastic signing for the club.

"I knew he was a Liverpool fan from his childhood and this is the best move of all those he has had in his career. He could be the reason Liverpool will challenge for a title.

"Over the last couple of years, his work-rate has really improved and he is difficult to mark because he is always on the move.

"He is a good link-up player and a very very good finisher inside the box. He is a smart intelligent player and playing behind (Fernando) Torres could be very crucial."

CISSE SET FOR SUNDERLAND SWITCH

I always feel that cisse is a good striker but not outstanding. Hes not given more playing time by RB and his legs are soft like tofu...2 broken legs iirc...

REDS PRICED OUT OF RIERA DEAL

Liverpool look set to renew their interest in Stewart Downing after Espanyol demanded 16m for Albert Riera.

Having failed to raise the funds to buy Gareth Barry from Aston Villa, the Reds were hoping to buy Riera for around 9m, but the Spanish club have reportedly invoked a 16m release clause for the winger.

Riera's agent, Magico Diaz, told the Liverpool Echo: "Liverpool want Riera but are reluctant to meet Espanyol's demands."

That means that Liverpool are instead likely to turn back to Downing, who could be available for a more realistic 12m.

not sure how good downing is. but i bet it is a more realistic offer for 12m GBP rather than 16 or 18!
    why r we linked with these sort of players? if we have the $ why not buy someone,just ONE player with quality...

RIISE: I HAD TO MAKE OVERSEAS MOVE

oh john,pls come home and score an own goal for us...

oh john,pls come home and score an own goal for us...
    yeah!!

why r we linked with these sort of players? if we have the $ why not buy someone,just ONE player with quality...
    not sure abt downing.

Arsenal sign Silvestre from Man Utd
    Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has bolstered his defensive options after the Gunners completed the signing of Manchester United's 31-year-old French defender Mikael Silvestre for an undisclosed fee

gunners sign ah pek from man circle

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit View Post
    Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has bolstered his defensive options after the Gunners completed the signing of Manchester United's 31-year-old French defender Mikael Silvestre for an undisclosed fee

this one damn stunner.

think sign him as back-up for the younger players.

o.g king.

signing ah-peks just like JAV AND Royale Ace

this one damn stunner.

think sign him as back-up for the younger players.

o.g king.
    i think he prefer a french speaking manager

i think he prefer a french speaking manager
    oui oui

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    signing ah-peks just like JAV AND Royale Ace
    waseh, like tat u oso can think of.

BENITEZ MAKES PEACE WITH PARRY

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez and chief executive Rick Parry have vowed to "move forward together" after holding clear the air talks at Anfield.

The working relationship between the two had come under pressure over Liverpool's activity in the transfer market - particularly over the Gareth Barry transfer saga.

Benitez is thought to be frustrated over the club's inability to secure one of his main targets for the summer.

But with the talks being described as "positive", Parry and Benitez are continuing to work on strengthening the squad before the window closes at the end of the month.

Benitez said: "Clear the air talks have taken place. It was a positive discussion and we will now move forward together."

Liverpool are currently focusing their attentions on bringing in a left-sided midfielder with both Albert Riera and Stewart Downing having been linked with the Reds.

Parry told liverpoolfc.tv: "I can confirm that we had a friendly and positive meeting and we're moving forward."

BENITEZ MAKES PEACE WITH PARRY

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez and chief executive Rick Parry have vowed to "move forward together" after holding clear the air talks at Anfield.

The working relationship between the two had come under pressure over Liverpool's activity in the transfer market - particularly over the Gareth Barry transfer saga.

Benitez is thought to be frustrated over the club's inability to secure one of his main targets for the summer.

But with the talks being described as "positive", Parry and Benitez are continuing to work on strengthening the squad before the window closes at the end of the month.

Benitez said: "Clear the air talks have taken place. It was a positive discussion and we will now move forward together."

Liverpool are currently focusing their attentions on bringing in a left-sided midfielder with both Albert Riera and Stewart Downing having been linked with the Reds.

Parry told liverpoolfc.tv: "I can confirm that we had a friendly and positive meeting and we're moving forward."
    will it help?

Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3678910131833 ... LastLast