Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232831323334353843 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB - You'll Never Walk Alone! season27

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB - You'll Never Walk Alone! season27

Espanyol accept Riera bid

Liverpool are poised to complete the signing of Albert Riera from Espanyol after the Spanish wide midfielder flew to England for a medical.

Terms of the deal have been agreed between the clubs and 26-year-old Riera must only prove his fitness to seal his move to Anfield.

The fee involved is thought to be around £8million, with Riera set to return to the Premier League having previously had a loan spell with Manchester City in the 2005-06 season.

a wide man. raf999's last throw of the dice!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Olympics duo return for Villa trip

Javier Mascherano and Lucas are back in Liverpool's squad for Sunday's trip to Aston Villa following their return from the Olympics. Liverpool will be without skipper Steven Gerrard, who is recovering from a groin operation, and Mascherano seems a likely replacement at Villa Park.

Liverpool still have a doubt over defender Sami Hyypia, who is recovering from a hamstring problem.

Kick-off on Sunday is 4pm.

Liverpool (from): Reina, Arbeloa, Carragher, Skrtel, Aurelio, Dossena, Benayoun, Babel, Mascherano, Lucas, Plessis, Alonso, Kuyt, Torres, Keane, El Zhar, Cavalieri, Ngog, Agger, Spearing.

Let's get ready to GUESS GUESS GUESS!

Correct Score Prediction = 3points!

Correct 1st Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Correct Last Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Hat-Trick Hero Perfect Guess Guess Guess! = 5points!

so in any game, the max point a participant can net is a total of 10points.

Sorting Out the Grey Areas.

1). in the event of 1-0 end result, the 1st scorer will be taken as the last scorer even though the participant might haf anticipated 2-0 or 22-0 and haf listed someone else as the last scorer.

2). the prediction is good till the Final Whistle, which includes Extra-time but not Penalty Shootout.

League Table

1). grumpy 10pts
    2). blazer workz 5pts
    3). boresome 4pts
    4). Taurean 4pts
    5). airfins 2pts
    6). cheesecake 2pts
    7). jfoo 1pt
    8). roDz 1pt
    9). kelccm 1pt
    10). zhapchit 1pt
    11). domdomino 1pt
    12). dfstan 1pt
    13). canew 1pt

31st Aug, 2008, Sunday.

aston villa vs. LIVERPOOL F.C!

villa park.

more updates when they become available.

1). 4-2 LIVERPOOL WIN!(Torres, Torres) cheesecake
    2). 2-1 LIVERPOOL WIN!(TORRES,KEANE) roDz
    3). 1-0 LIVERPOOL WIN!(KUYT) kelccm
    4). 2-0 Villa win. marios_pittas
    5). 3-1 LIVERPOOL WIN! (Alonso, Torres) blazer_workz
    6). 2-1 LIVERPOOL WIN! (Torres, Torres) boresome

NEW DELAY FOR LIVERPOOL STADIUM

Liverpool have announced that the plans for their new stadium in Stanley Park have been delayed yet again.

The announcement, which came in a club statement, is not unexpected as it has been feared for some time that American owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett were having trouble raising the funds for the £400million new ground, which will be built adjacent to the current Anfield site.

When the Americans took over 18 months ago they immediately redesigned previous plans and had to allow for new planning permission.

The current credit crunch is being blamed for the latest delay, even though enabling work has already started in and around Stanley Park.

The club statement said: "Our commitment to building a new world-class LFC stadium is undiminished. Like many other major development projects in the UK and overseas we are affected by global market conditions and as such work on the project will be delayed in the short term.

"We will use this period productively and revisit the plans for the stadium to increase its capacity to 73,000 seats."

Dirk Kuyt goal ruled out by bookies

Aug 29 2008 by David Prentice, Liverpool Echo
    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liver...0252-21632748/

LIVERPOOL were the biggest winners at Anfield on Wednesday . . . to the tune of at least £12m.

But the bookies canít be far behind.

Lying on my desk is a crumpled green betting slip bearing the legend Ď1st goalscorer Ė Dirk Kuyt 6/1í.

And itís totally worthless.

Because in bookie-speak, Dirk didnít get the first goal.

According to the bookmakers, on Wednesday night no-one scored.

In small type at the bottom of every betting slip is the warning ďAll Bets on 90 mins play only. Extra Time/Penalty shoot outs do not count.Ē

So, with no goals, no first goal time and no result, every punter was left with no hope.

Definitely a mugís game

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit View Post

LIVERPOOL were the biggest winners at Anfield on Wednesday . . . to the tune of at least £12m.

But the bookies canít be far behind.

Lying on my desk is a crumpled green betting slip bearing the legend Ď1st goalscorer Ė Dirk Kuyt 6/1í.

And itís totally worthless.

Because in bookie-speak, Dirk didnít get the first goal.

In small type at the bottom of every betting slip is the warning ďAll Bets on 90 mins play only. Extra Time/Penalty shoot outs do not count.Ē

So, with no goals, no first goal time and no result, every punter was left with no hope.

Definitely a mugís game
    wahahahahahahaha

they almost kiosai!!

But the bookies can’t be far behind.

Lying on my desk is a crumpled green betting slip bearing the legend ‘1st goalscorer – Dirk Kuyt 6/1’.

And it’s totally worthless.

Because in bookie-speak, Dirk didn’t get the first goal.

In small type at the bottom of every betting slip is the warning “All Bets on 90 mins play only. Extra Time/Penalty shoot outs do not count.”

Definitely a mug’s game
    er....same as our prediction game right?

Quote Originally Posted by jfoo View Post
    er....same as our prediction game right?
    i think no leh.

2). the prediction is good till the Final Whistle, which includes Extra-time but not Penalty Shootout.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    i think no leh.

okay. than the journalist should have played in our game. he could have got 10pts instead of 6:1 winnings.

Quote Originally Posted by jfoo View Post
    okay. than the journalist should have played in our game. he could have got 10pts instead of 6:1 winnings.
    ya the journalist zai. hat trick hero.

next euro game i put diry kite as no.1 scorer.

hello guys

go to this website for RETRO PICS of urself from the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s!

check out my new avatar. hahahahahahaa cool right!!!

BARRY RARING TO FACE REDS

Aston Villa midfielder Gareth Barry insisted he is "strong enough mentally" to cope with the disappointment of a collapsed move to Liverpool ahead of Sunday's clash between the two sides at Villa Park.

And the England player is adamant he will now give "100 per cent" to Villa and that there is no ill feeling between himself and manager Martin O'Neill whose £18million valuation of the 27-year-old could not be met by the Reds.

Now Barry is concentrating on regaining full sharpness and fitness after missing a sizeable chunk of Villa's pre-season programme while the on-off transfer saga dragged on.

Barry, speaking for the first time since the move to Anfield fell through, said: "Will Sunday be strange? I am 100 per cent for Villa. That's all I'll be doing. That won't be strange at all.

"I've spoken to the manager and I've no problem giving 100 per cent for Aston Villa - and that will be starting against Liverpool on Sunday.

"Will the fans all be behind me? All I can do is give 100 per cent for the club. That is all the fans will want to see anyway. I am sure that will be enough."

Barry, who has two years left of his current Villa contract, admitted: "It has been a long summer. There was continuous speculation but I feel I am strong enough mentally and I'll be fine with it all now.

"Am I here for the long haul? I always take things a season at a time. This speculation happened at the end of last season and it has been decided I'll be staying at Villa.

"I'll take this season now, concentrate on that and hopefully we can improve on last season.

"Do I feel hung out to dry over what has happened? That is what the football business is all about. I am contracted to Villa. They set a fee and it wasn't matched. Rules are rules."

O'Neill disciplined Barry after he launched an attack on him in a Sunday newspaper article but the player is adamant there is no bad feeling between the pair.

He said: "Is there any ill feeling with Martin O'Neill? Not at all. The manager knows I will be giving 100 per cent for himself and the club and that will be fine for everyone.

"It's also nice hearing your team-mates wanting you to stay. We have got a great dressing room. You want everyone to stay really but I would have been disappointed if they wanted me to leave!"

Barry's desire to leave looks to have cost him the Villa captaincy, with Martin Laursen leading the side in the opening two league games with Manchester City and Stoke.

Barry said: "The manager has decided to change the captaincy and I've got no problem with that. Nigel Reo-Coker has done it and Martin Laursen has done it.

"I enjoyed being captain but it won't affect my performances."

Barry played 90 minutes at left-back against Icelandic part-timers FH Hafnarfjordur to help bolster his fitness before facing Rafael Benitez's side.

He said: "I feel I am getting back to my best. It is going to take a while. It wasn't the ideal pre-season for me so I guess the games are always the best thing.

"It was a nice run-out even if it was at left-back.

"How far am I away from my peak? I don't know. I suppose everyone will wait for top performances and then say I'm fit so I suppose I'll have to start producing some of those."

BENITEZ PLANS O`NEILL HANDSHAKE

Rafael Benitez has smoothed over any conflict with England boss Fabio Capello - but he concedes Martin O'Neill may be more difficult.

The Liverpool boss can expect a vitriolic reception from Aston Villa fans in the wake of the Gareth Barry saga when the Anfield men face O'Neill's side on Sunday in a Premier League showdown.

And Benitez will come face to face with Villa boss O'Neill for the first time following a summer of acrimony between the pair over the abortive Barry transfer to Liverpool.

And O'Neill may well be a more difficult customer to placate than Capello was on Friday, following the groin operation for Steven Gerrard that will rule the Liverpool skipper out of both of England's World Cup qualifiers next month.

Capello was believed to have been annoyed he did not know Gerrard was going to have an operation following Wednesday's Champions League victory over Standard Liege.

And the Italian was on the phone sharpish on Friday. Benitez said: "Steven Gerrard has had the operation, it was not serious but he will not be available until after the international break.

"I have spoken today to Fabio Capello about the situation, he asked me how Steven was and it was a good conversation. Everything was positive between us and I have explained to him the timing and when he will be fit.

"We had no option but to have the operation done now, there will be another international break soon anyway, and we could not wait any longer.

"The player had problems and we needed to do it straight away, we had no choice. Fabio Capello understands this."

So one down, one to go for Benitez in the diplomatic department. O'Neill has been angry about the way Liverpool conducted their business in their chase for Barry.

Benitez knows the TV cameras will watch his every move on the touchline at Villa Park, but he insists he will have no problem shaking the hand of the Villa boss.

He said: "I do not know what response I will get on Sunday (from Villa fans) but I will be only concentrating on what goes on out on the pitch.

"I do not want to say too much, I do not want to analyse too much what has gone on before because we cannot change things now.

"I am now only concerned with how to beat Villa and how to control Barry on the pitch.

"Do I have a good relationship with Martin O'Neill?... I don't think so. But of course I will shake his hand, I am a calm man and I do not have any problems with him about that."

He added: "I had a good relationship with Martin O'Neill before this summer, and I was surprised at what has been said but I insist that I have not spoken to him since April.

"But I do not believe there will be any problem shaking hands, we can do it.

"We know that Barry is a good player, very good for them. We will try to contain him on the pitch and not talk too much about other things that have happened in the summer.

"It is important that we all concentrate on football. But I expect Barry to do his best for his team."

Benitez, who confirmed Espanyol winger Albert Riera will have a medical on Friday and is expected to complete an £8million move, was also at his diplomatic best when asked about yet another delay in the building of the club's new stadium in Stanley Park.

Benitez said: "As for the situation regarding the new stadium, it is not something I can do anything about so I prefer to concentrate on the next game and beating Aston Villa.

"We are trying not to think about this, we are concentrating on things we can have an effect on. It is not good news, but we cannot change things.

"At the moment I have too many other things to think about: Riera, the Champions League, Aston Villa. That is the immediate future I am concerned with.

"I understand very well our fans and what they may think, but they will understand that I must concentrate on the next match and three more points.

"I am sure everyone thinks the same way about the stadium (delays). But it not something I can do anything about, my responsibility now is to keep focused and think only of the points and improving."

Liverpool expect to have Javier Mascherano back to replace Gerrard in midfield, while youngster Lucas is back in the squad having also returned from the Olympics.

mancircle buang

mancircle buang
    EASY!!!

BUANG 2-1 to Zenit St. Petersburg!!!

it is becos they no cristina regina.

i hope he stays injured for as long as possible!

basket i can't belif that everlose is so sad as to go n sign that MC King, saha. terok man

sign our dirty kite la. lai lai lai!

EASY!!!

BUANG 2-1 to Zenit St. Petersburg!!!

it is becos they no cristina regina.

i hope he stays injured for as long as possible!
    minus skill and retire better

minus skill and retire better
    bestest!!!

1). in the event of 1-0 end result, the 1st scorer will be taken as the last scorer even though the participant might haf anticipated 2-0 or 22-0 and haf listed someone else as the last scorer.

League Table

1). grumpy 10pts
    2). blazer workz 5pts
    3). boresome 4pts
    4). Taurean 4pts
    5). airfins 2pts
    6). cheesecake 2pts
    7). jfoo 1pt
    8). roDz 1pt
    9). kelccm 1pt
    10). zhapchit 1pt
    11). domdomino 1pt
    12). dfstan 1pt
    13). canew 1pt

31st Aug, 2008, Sunday.

villa park.

7). 2-1 LIVERPOOL WIN! (Keane, Torres) Taurean

hello guys

go to this website for RETRO PICS of urself from the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s!

check out my new avatar. hahahahahahaa cool right!!!
    Woah all the new avatars you guys using are LOL

League Table

1). grumpy 10pts
    2). blazer workz 5pts
    3). boresome 4pts
    4). Taurean 4pts
    5). airfins 2pts
    6). cheesecake 2pts
    7). jfoo 1pt
    8). roDz 1pt
    9). kelccm 1pt
    10). zhapchit 1pt
    11). domdomino 1pt
    12). dfstan 1pt
    13). canew 1pt

31st Aug, 2008, Sunday.

villa park.

7). 2-1 LIVERPOOL WIN! (Keane, Torres) Taurean
    8). 4-0 LIVERPOOL WIN! (Alonso, Babel) zhapchit