Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5101314151617202540 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB - You'll Never Walk Alone! season27

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB - You'll Never Walk Alone! season27

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    The main thing is can Liverpool still remain at the top at the end of the season. With Rafa around, I think it is difficult
    can lah...at the moment i cant think of a better manager around thats available...

got goosebumps when stevie G scored the winning goal! captain fantastic again! you farking beauty!!!!
    Games of Thrones.....

Quote Originally Posted by dfstan View Post
    got goosebumps when stevie G scored the winning goal! captain fantastic again! you farking beauty!!!!
    we r overly dependent on him to raise our game...its time others play their part...its been a good start...let see if we can maintain this momentum...meanwhile...i'm savouring this moment to look down the table...although its still early season....

Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post
    can lah...its just that barry is english & left footed...with barry,the leftside will be solved...as alonso plays more central...barry also moves forward as much as gerrard...if alonso & gerrard play together...usually alonso will play deep...
    Last night was another good example of why Alonso and Gerrard do not gel.

Quote Originally Posted by Parchiao View Post
    funny, it wasn't like this last season... or the previous season...

You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

I am not sure it was positioning or chemistry with Gerrard. Somehow Alonso's % of completed passes this year and last is very very very poor.. In my humble opinion, cashing in was a better option..

Quote Originally Posted by marios_pittas View Post
    I am not sure it was positioning or chemistry with Gerrard. Somehow Alonso's % of completed passes this year and last is very very very poor.. In my humble opinion, cashing in was a better option..
    The problem with Alonso is that he is defensively weak. It's not to say that he is a bad player or that he cannot play well with Gerrard, it is more of looking for a player that will suit Gerrard rather than the other way around, and Alonso does not quite fit into that as he loves to move up a lot.

my opinion of alonso is tat he is more of an anchorman rather than an offensive midfielder.

think at times he wanna be the playmaker of the team too and that might clash with gerrard as he probably is the playmaker of the team... or rather, one who plays in a free role.

alonso is a good player and he should be given more chance to start alongside stevie G. i'm certain he will come good soon. i would think the current form he is showing now is due to him being unsettled by all the transfer saga.

com'on you REDS!!!

chel$ki won again... tsktsk

the News Of The World has jumped on the Downing to Liverpool bandwagon, predicting a 14m move for a man who has actually performed very well indeed for Middlesbrough over the last year. But that hasn't been enough to stop him being labelled a one-trick pony, and the Gossip Column reckons there'll be some pointing and laughing if this one goes through.

And with a winger apparently coming in, Liverpool are going to let one leave. But the NOTW says Blackburn must stump up 6m for that lad Pennant. Not that he wants to leave. "I want to stay at Liverpool," he whines in The People.

"I have been given a fantastic opportunity to play for the team I supported as a kid and all I want to do is work hard and fight for my place in the team."

Alonso would be perfect for Arsenal - Fabregas

Cesc Fabregas wants Arsenal to lure Xabi Alonso to the Emirates as he revealed his desire to one day be captain of the club he describes as having 'something special'.

The Spain midfielder is currently ruled out with injury and while he has been on the sidelines the Gunners have been linked with Aston Villa's Gareth Barry as well as Alonso of Liverpool.

The 21-year-old said: 'I'd love it!

'What can I say? He is my friend and apart from that he is a great professional, a great passer of the ball, he works hard defensively, he's scoring goals now, he's experienced and he is only 26.

'For me he would be perfect.'

Fabregas joined the Gunners five years ago from Barcelona where he had been part of the youth set-up.

He believes he is 'privileged' to be with Arsenal and has no desire to follow the likes of Alexander Hleb and Mathieu Flamini out of the exit door.

Instead, Fabregas has pledged his loyalty to the club.

'Don't get me wrong, Alex Hleb and Mathieu Flamini are two of my best friends in football and I wish them all the best.

'I speak to them every week and I know how they feel - I am not going to tell you - but Arsenal is Arsenal.

'This club has something special that no others have. We have to take care of it.

'I have a lot of friends in Spain and Italy and when they speak about other clubs I know I am privileged to be where I am.

'I don't want to lose it. I want to win things for the club. I want to get experience here. I want to play for Arsenal.

'When you see football all around the world, you see very few teams who play the way that we play.

'I just enjoy it. I feel it is my home now.'

William Gallas is the current Gunners captain - a role which Fabregas would like to undertake one day.

'I would love it,' he continued. 'I am happy with everything, my number four, playing for Arsenal in centre midfield and giving 100% every, every game.

'But if the boss thinks in one or two years I am ready to be captain, I will take the armband.'

PENNANT WANTS TO STAY

Jermaine Penannt has pleaded with Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez not to sell him.

The winger's future at Anfield looks uncertain with Pennant not being involved in Liverpool's opening two Premier League games.

Blackburn have been strongly linked with a move for the former Birmingham star, but Pennant hopes to remain at Anfield.

"I want to stay at Liverpool," Pennant told The People.

"I have been given a fantastic opportunity to play for the team I supported as a kid and all I want to do is work hard and fight for my place in the team."

Meanwhile, Robbie Keane believes Liverpool have shown a winning mentality by getting results despite not performing to their maximum.

The Reds left to late to beat Middlesbrough 2-1 on Saturday on Keane's home debut as they made it two wins out of two.

Keane accepts Liverpool are not firing on all cylinders, but he insists it is all about winning as they look to mount a serious bid for the title.

"Football is about winning, it doesn't matter how well you play so long as you come off the pitch having picked up the points," Keane told the club's official website.

"When you don't play as well as you know you can but you are still getting results then that is a sign of a good team. When we do start playing well we're confident we'll keep getting the points on the board to make sure we are in the mix at the top of the table."

Keane added: "It was nice to play my first competitive game at Anfield but at the end of the day the most important thing was to win," he said.

"It doesn't matter whether it's my first game here or not, it's about winning and I've settled in well now so the match was all about getting three points on the board and we managed to do that."

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    PENNANT WANTS TO STAY

Meanwhile, Robbie Keane believes Liverpool have shown a winning mentality by getting results despite not performing to their maximum.

The Reds left to late to beat Middlesbrough 2-1 on Saturday on Keane's home debut as they made it two wins out of two.

Keane accepts Liverpool are not firing on all cylinders, but he insists it is all about winning as they look to mount a serious bid for the title.

"Football is about winning, it doesn't matter how well you play so long as you come off the pitch having picked up the points," Keane told the club's official website.

"When you don't play as well as you know you can but you are still getting results then that is a sign of a good team. When we do start playing well we're confident we'll keep getting the points on the board to make sure we are in the mix at the top of the table."

Keane added: "It was nice to play my first competitive game at Anfield but at the end of the day the most important thing was to win," he said.

"It doesn't matter whether it's my first game here or not, it's about winning and I've settled in well now so the match was all about getting three points on the board and we managed to do that."

what has he done so far?

1st match - cleared a goal off the line
    2nd match - i see him and kite crash into each other

20 million ?

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    what has he done so far?

1st match - cleared a goal off the line
    2nd match - i see him and kite crash into each other

20 million ?
    raf999 help us waste money.

he is spy for manCircle.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    raf999 help us waste money.

he is spy for manCircle.
    nw then u knw.

Imagine a midfield of Barry, Alonso, Mascherano and Gerrard and up front Torres and Keane. Babbel can play on the left, right and upfront when needed. Lucas can deputise in the midfield for Alonso. Kyut can play as defender.

Imagine a midfield of Barry, Alonso, Mascherano and Gerrard and up front Torres and Keane. Babbel can play on the left, right and upfront when needed. Lucas can deputise in the midfield for Alonso. Kyut can play as defender.
    or as a rugby flyback.

Let's get ready to GUESS GUESS GUESS!

Correct Score Prediction = 3points!

Correct 1st Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Correct Last Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Hat-Trick Hero Perfect Guess Guess Guess! = 5points!

so in any game, the max point a participant can net is a total of 10points.

Sorting Out the Grey Areas.

1). in the event of 1-0 end result, the 1st scorer will be taken as the last scorer even though the participant might haf anticipated 2-0 or 22-0 and haf listed someone else as the last scorer.

2). the prediction is good till the Final Whistle, which includes Extra-time but not Penalty Shootout.

League Table

1). grumpy 10pts
    2). cheesecake 2pts
    3). blazer workz 2pts
    4). airfins 2pts
    5). kelccm 1pt
    6). Taurean 1pt
    7). jfoo 1pt
    8). roDz 1pt
    9). boresome 1pt

LIVERPOOL vs. boro

Venue: Anfield Date: Saturday, 23 August Kick-off: 1500 BST

These clubs achieved winning starts last weekend, and both are hoping to make it four league wins on the trot.

Middlesbrough go into their 500th Premier League match, aiming to bag six points out of six from the outset of a Premier League campaign for the first time ever.

But the Riversiders have lost their first AWAY fixture in the Premier League in each of the last five seasons.

Liverpool are bidding for a ninth successive home league win; Middlesbrough are in danger of extending their winless away sequence to a ninth game.

Jose Reina, who kept an unequalled 18 clean sheets in this league last term, was one of three keepers to manage a top-flight shut-out last weekend.

The Merseysiders finished last season nine places and 34 points better off than the Teessiders, scoring 24 more goals and conceding 25 fewer.

It's 32 years since Middlesbrough last won at Anfield. England defender Terry Cooper and forward John Hickton scored in a 0-2 victory on 6 March 1976.

Fernando Torres scored the second of three hat-tricks for Liverpool last season in this corresponding fixture.

Distance between clubs: 143.3 miles (231 kms)

more here.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...em/7565060.stm

1). 3-0 LIVERPOOL WIN! (Torres, Torres) cheesecake --> Buang!
    2). 2-0 LIVERPOOL WIN! (Keane, Gerrard) zhapchit --> 1pt!
    3). 2-1 LIVERPOOL WIN! (Torres, Keane) boresome --> 3pts!
    4). 2-0 Liverpool Win! (Keane, Keane) blazer_workz --> Buang!
    5). 3-1 LIVERPOOL WIN! (Torres,Gerard) domdomino --> 1pt!
    6). 2-0 LIVERPOOL WIN! (GERRARD,TORRES) roDz --> Buang!
    7). 3-1 LIVERPOOL WIN! (Keane, Torres, Gerrard) dfstan --> 1pt!
    8). 3-1 LIVERPOOL wins! (1st.: F. Torres, Last: S. Gerrard) Canew. --> 1pt!
    9). 3-0 Liverpool WIN (Torres, Keane) jfoo --> Buang!
    10). 2-0 LIVERPOOL WIN! (Keane, Torres) airfins --> Buang!
    11). 2-0 Liverpool WIN!!! (Torres, Keane) grumpy --> Buang!

Let's get ready to GUESS GUESS GUESS!

Correct Score Prediction = 3points!

Correct 1st Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Correct Last Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Hat-Trick Hero Perfect Guess Guess Guess! = 5points!

so in any game, the max point a participant can net is a total of 10points.

Sorting Out the Grey Areas.

1). in the event of 1-0 end result, the 1st scorer will be taken as the last scorer even though the participant might haf anticipated 2-0 or 22-0 and haf listed someone else as the last scorer.

2). the prediction is good till the Final Whistle, which includes Extra-time but not Penalty Shootout.

League Table

1). grumpy 10pts
    2). cheesecake 2pts
    3). blazer workz 2pts
    4). airfins 2pts
    5). kelccm 1pt
    6). Taurean 1pt
    7). jfoo 1pt
    8). roDz 1pt
    9). boresome 4pts
    10). zhapchit 1pt
    11). domdomino 1pt
    12). dfstan 1pt
    13). canew 1pt

MASCHERANO UNLIKELY TO FACE LIEGE

Javier Mascherano is unlikely to be involved in Liverpool's Champions League crunch tie against Standard Liege on Wednesday.

Mascherano helped Argentina to a second consecutive Olympic title in Beijing after his country retained their crown by beating Nigeria in the football final and he is heading back to Merseyside after his triumph.

The 24-year-old midfielder was due to leave China at the weekend, but boss Rafael Benitez does not think he will be prepared enough to face the Belgian champions at Anfield in the third qualifying round, second-leg tie.

The match is poised at 0-0 after Liverpool's alarmingly poor performance a fortnight ago in the first leg in Belgium.

The Reds stand on the brink of losing a minimum of 10million prize money from UEFA if they fail to qualify for the group stages.

Benitez said: "Javier will be back with us soon. But I do not think he will be in contention to play in Europe.

"He has spent too much time travelling and playing, that makes it difficult to be at your best.

"The same thing applied to Ryan Babel. He returned from China last week after Holland were knocked out, but I only really considered him as a substitute at the weekend."

Babel came on for the final 25 minutes of Saturday's 2-1 home win over Middlesbrough, but looked short of fitness.

Brazilian midfielder Lucas has also returned to Liverpool from the Olympics.

DOWNING FOR LIVERPOOL

So when Rafa Benitez was banging on about an Englishman who could play on the left, we all assumed he was talking about Gareth Barry.

However, was he playing a nasty, nasty trick on us all? Was Stewart Downing the real apple of his eye?

Probably not, but word is he's trying to buy the Boro winger anyway.

The Daily Mail claims that Boro will resist any attempts by Liverpool to buy Downing, even if they offer 14million.

ARSENAL BACK IN FOR XABI?

Having spotted that Arsenal are a little light on midfielders in their flop against Fulham on Saturday, The Times have come to the shocking conclusion that they need another.

And they've showed little imagination in picking the name 'Xabi Alonso' out of the hat, but the paper does seem pretty insistent that Arsene Wenger will go back in for the Spaniard, despite Liverpool wanting 16million for their man.

That might be because of the terms of Alonso's move to Liverpool from Real Sociedad, which The Times explains oh so clearly thusly:

'Liverpool signed Alonso from Real Sociedad for 10.5 million four years ago and the Spanish club are set for a windfall if he leaves Anfield. Under the terms of Alonso's transfer from Spain to Liverpool, Real Sociedad will receive about 5 million if Alonso is sold for less than 13 million and 20 per cent of the transfer fee if he leaves for more than 13 million.'