Thread: Anyone knows how much it cost to clean your sensor and mirror at NSC?

Default Anyone knows how much it cost to clean your sensor and mirror at NSC?

I think I need to go clean mine there soon because I think it is quite serious. Stupid dust hahaha. I like to know how much it will cost. I do have the warranty card though, I am not sure if they will do it for free or not.

Default Re: Anyone knows how much it cost to clean your sensor and mirror at NSC?

I did it last week. Total costs S$26.75 and it only takes 15 minutes.

Default Re: Anyone knows how much it cost to clean your sensor and mirror at NSC?

Quote Originally Posted by johndzite View Post
    I think I need to go clean mine there soon because I think it is quite serious. Stupid dust hahaha. I like to know how much it will cost. I do have the warranty card though, I am not sure if they will do it for free or not.
    under warranty should be free
    D800 | D700|16mm f2.8D|35 f1.4G|50 f1.8G|60mm F2.8D|85mm f1.4G|16-35 f4G|70-200 f2.8 VR2| SB900

didn't you also post in the newbie section as well ?

sensor cleaning should be free under warranty.
    but internal cleaning at the prism is 80 bucks w/o gst.

to have a precise price, best is call up NSC (tech dept) to ask.
    Last edited by Simon_84; 17th August 2008 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CrUeL View Post
    I don't think warranty covers sensor cleaning. have to pay for it.

Heard from the Canon instructor when i went for the free training by Canon that time.
    when my camera was under warranty my cleaning was done free
    D800 | D700|16mm f2.8D|35 f1.4G|50 f1.8G|60mm F2.8D|85mm f1.4G|16-35 f4G|70-200 f2.8 VR2| SB900

confirmed free cleaning if under warranty. just did mine last week.

Sian... need to bring it to clean this wednesday... argghhh just because I got chalet and i need to use it to catch the sunset shot for my HDR. Sian sian sian... Photography is quite an expensive hobby hahahaha.

I gonna clean my lenses soon.

Quote Originally Posted by johndzite View Post
    Sian... need to bring it to clean this wednesday... argghhh just because I got chalet and i need to use it to catch the sunset shot for my HDR. Sian sian sian... Photography is quite an expensive hobby hahahaha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeddy View Post
    its true to say photography is an expensive hobby that requires constant maintainence .
    Zeddy-lens cleaning?you meant your lens has fungus?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeddy View Post
    Dun clean the lenses unless necessary...

may screw up the focusing n cause more problems
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

For those who had done their sensor cleaning at NSC before, can please rate their cleaning effciency? Like maybe after the cleaning you notice that your image quality has degrade or perhaps minor damages to your camera? Please share your bad encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by lifepursuer View Post
    For those who had done their sensor cleaning at NSC before, can please rate their cleaning effciency? Like maybe after the cleaning you notice that your image quality has degrade or perhaps minor damages to your camera? Please share your bad encounters.
    highly doubt that image quality will degrade lah. just inspect your camera before sending it in and becareful ?

Quote Originally Posted by lifepursuer View Post

no problem one lah, the cleaning process is so fast, they do it so often, i doubt they will do any damage.
    i used to let them clean almost once every 3 months, no issues.
    the past year and half, have been cleaning on my own so have not been to NSC for a while