Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 520252829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal Football Club - The Gunner's Thread 2

Default Re: Arsenal Football Club - The Gunner's Thread 2

sian...toothless upfront.

i felt sagna was particularly poor recently, his crossing style is too predictable, defensive wise, not quick enough to cover his own gap.
    his crossing should be low and fast, not high and hanging cross when there is big defenders in the center, high crosses can be easily headed away if the target is not at the far post.
    lucky not to concede a penalty though...

traore on the other hand is better defensively yet offers no option in crossing...perhaps he is out of first team for too long, so appears uncertain in the final third.
    Last edited by Simon_84; 30th November 2009 at 05:04 PM.

we still need more muscle, injuries come and suddenly the squad feels real thin.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

zzz....

let's see how they react tomorrow...hopefully they will be back to normal and then the match I'm looking forward to is the one 2 weeks later against the reds away...let's keep the fingers X.

putting AA in the strike force was a smart move... he finally respond to his critics.

Good news, TW is back...at least we have some pace up front this weekend at anfield

The stakes are really high for the match between Liverpool and Arsenal with the the top 2 lost points in their match ...

Go Gunners!

hopefully AA will continue to score against liverpool.

great win over liverpool, personally i think Traore should move up the ranks to be 2nd choice left back.
    he can handle more pressure than gibbs.

but Arshavin is the best, played poorly, and still managed to score a goal, looks like he's the unlucky sign for liverpool.

do u notice Arshavin's face always got spastic expression everytime he score

Quote Originally Posted by artspraken View Post
    do u notice Arshavin's face always got spastic expression everytime he score
    what are you driving at ?
    no wonder lah...liverpool fan.

i don't care what expression he got so long as he produces the goods constantly, anyway that expression is his own personal style, you can't expect everyone to celebrate the same way do you ?
    Last edited by Simon_84; 14th December 2009 at 10:47 AM.

I am not a liverpool fan lah. I am not discrediting Arshavin. No need to be defensive wan.

If you notice his expression when he score, it is a very special expression. No other footballer celebrate with that kind of facial expression with big wide open eyes. It looks very comical.

I dun agree Arshavin not playing well. The feature of Arshavin is he is very unpredictable. He can be dormant for most of the game, and suddenly score or create a goal. That is his best ability. Indeed, the secret to most playmaker success is to be unpredictable. So just because Arshavin does not action action or gek seh for long periods during the game, does not mean he will not suddenly do something that changes the game.

I also dun agree that Arsenal squad thin. Arsenal got alot of young talent like Wilshere, Ramsey and Merida I am waiting to step up. Particularly Fran Merida, he is really really very special. Once one of these 3 step up to take Fabregas place, then can sell Fab for heap big profit liao. Then buy good striker.

Jens Lehmann urinated at goalpost during a football game. No wonder Wenger sold him, coz he got no bladder control

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...urinate-relief

A good win, nevertheless they cannot be complacent...xmas coming...the race is heating up.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

What a lucky win for the Gooners!

Seriously, Arsenal need to get some tough tackling, hard-hitting players like they used to have. Ray Parlour, Patrick Vieira, Emmanuel Petit, Tony Adams, Martin Keown. Looking at the current team, I feel they are "soft" and not tough enough.

Wenger's preferance is for skill and slick passing type players. But you cannot have a team full of that one trait. Nasri, Fabregas, Walcott, Eduardo, Denilson, Clichy, Vela, etc, are skillful but they seem to lack a toughness that is needed for teams to win games.

Take a look at the squad for Man U and Chelsea. They have players capable of turning a match around much more than Arsenal. Whenever I see Arsenal go behind I don't really see the passion in them to overcome the deficit (besides yesterday's game).

And with Van Persie's injury, man do they miss him. I think he was the one turning the games around, dropping back to midfield, winning the balls, playing passes thru. Without him, Fabregas look lost.

My opinion of the best Arsenal line up, with the present squad:

Arshavin should play behind Van Persie. Rosicky on the left. Nasri on the right. And Song and Fabregas in the middle of midfield.
    Traore on the left defence (I agree he is better than Clichy or Kibbs). Vermalaen and Galls in central defence and Sagna on right.
    And for goalie, time to get rid of Alumunia. Get someone like Given (quite unlikely) or someone else. None of Arsenal's 3 goalies (Fabianski and Mannone) are good enough.

Even though i support, Arsenal, i don't think this season is going to be any different than the last 4 years. Sigh. (fingers still crosssed though)

nowaday, u dun need tough tackling hard man. u see Barcelona. they are very similar to Arsenal in tactic. the difference is that Barcelona keep possession so well, that they cannot be beaten.

i agree arsenal lack a centre forward. but i dun agree that arsenal lack a tough tackling hard man

It's a great result though I felt that we were lucky to get the og as well as holding on to the slender lead.

All we need now is to have a sustained, good run in the league.

Go Gunners!
    Last edited by Adam Goi; 18th December 2009 at 12:06 AM.

liverpool is down and out of the title race now we juzzz gotta catch up with the devils and the blues.....y does arsenal always hv to play the catch up game and walk away empty handed at the end of the season?!?! hopes this season will bring the long-awaited silverware.
    IF

Well done, we beat Hull City 3-0!

With Man U losing to Fulham and Villa and Tottenham chalking up wins, the title race is wide open now ... now I guess it's a question of which team(s) can keep up with Chelsea ...

Our next game against Villa will be a crucial ... one that will decide whether Arsenal is a real contender to the title or a mere pretender again ...

Go Gunners!

Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 520252829303132 ... LastLast