Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 21722252627282932 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal Football Club - The Gunner's Thread 2

Default Re: Arsenal Football Club - The Gunner's Thread 2

for keepers, i believe fabi is out injured, the other reserve keepers Vito and Woj are like not really tested... guess we are still stuck with alum even if he's low on form.

one thing i do not understand, is prof's insistence on playing denilson, diaby and eboue all the time... hasn't last season showed they can't really put up against stronger more aggressive opponents. And yah, as you mentioned... no idea why Bendy is playing on the wings... trying to convert him into another TH14 by training on the wings first?

I did wish he try to blood the really exciting prospects of wilshere, ramsey and merida...

Current Squad

G 1 Manuel Almunia
    G 21 Lukasz Fabianski
    G 24 Vito Mannone
    G 53 Wojciech Szczęsny

D 22 Gaël Clichy
    D 34 Kyle Bartley
    D 10 William Gallas
    D 3 Bacary Sagna
    D 6 Philippe Senderos
    D 18 Mikael Silvestre
    D 30 Armand Traore
    D 5 Thomas Vermaelen
    D 28 Kieran Gibbs
    D 42 Kerrea Gilbert
    D 44 Gavin Hoyte
    D 32 Luke Ayling
    D 20 Johan Djourou
    D 36 Thomas Cruise
    D 37 Craig Eastmond

M 35 Francis Coquelin
    M 27 Emmanuel Eboue
    M 4 Cesc Fábregas
    M 41 Emmanuel Frimpong
    M Conor Henderson
    M 8 Samir Nasri
    M 15 Denilson
    M 43 Fran Merida Perez
    M 16 Aaron Ramsey
    M 48 Mark Randall
    M 7 Tomas Rosicky
    M 17 Alexandre Song Billong
    M 14 Theo Walcott
    M 19 Jack Wilshere
    M 2 Abou Diaby
    M 23 Andrei Arshavin
    M 33 Nacer Barazite

F 12 Carlos Vela
    F 11 Robin Van Persie
    F 51 Gilles Sunu
    F 54 Herschel Sanchez Watt
    F 47 Rhys Murphy
    F Luke Freeman
    F 9 Eduardo
    F 52 Nicklas Bendtner

Team listing from soccernet source
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Quote Originally Posted by sbs99 View Post
    Haha... saw the picture followed by your signature "Leave nothing but footprints...".

Ha.ha..ha, finally the truth...Eduardo ban overturned by UEFA...GOOD decision for the soccer world. It shows that the initial ban was motivated politically by the scots...Well Done UEFA

Good to see Arsenal is back to their winning ways with a relatively comfortable win against Wigan ... RVP misses just far too many chances and Vito Mannone is a total disaster! He looked totally uncomfortable between the post and now i'm beginning to miss Alumnia ... though I still feel we need to sign a better keeper ...

Vermaelen IMO must be the catch of the EPL 09/10 season! Maybe our strikers should learn how to score goals from him!

i somehow feel vermaelen should learn to make more tackles instead of relying on gallas to bail him out even though he covers for gallas in the air.

anyway I'm still think that the two 1st choice center backs are somewhat a bit short.
    perhaps arsene has this opinion that shorter center backs are more pacy in the high-pressing back line ?

The volatile nature of Arsenal gives a crazy roller coaster rush as a fan. One moment we are banging in goals like a game of snooker, while the next we could be teethering on the edge of be crushed like a fly.

Chelsea & Man U have much better consistency, which could change our position once we get that straightened out.

I'd love for a stronger keeper & a tough a## midfielder to boss the game.
    The sooner you get it, the longer you enjoy it.
    I welcome you @ www.benaw.zenfolio.com

sloppy win but at least we get to see some decent goalkeeping and a clean sheet.

decent win but in later stages of the season, i predict TV will have a tough time against aston villa, chelsea and perhaps man city again.

i realised when gallas failed to cover for thomas on the ground, tackling-wise, he still not up to the pace yet, maybe left back would be a better position for him instead since he likes to roam up field to score.
    is a crazy tactic for a defender to keep scoring when the back line is not even tight and compact enough.

think is about time for theo to start playing up front rather than the slower van persie...who knows maybe he could be better than Anelka ?

RVP slow I think Diaby even worst - when he gets the ball, his first touch normally very poor and when he lose the ball, slow or never to get it back. Worst part is he always try to be the star, showing off his skills but in the end get robbed off the ball. Glad that TW is back and so far so good for Ro(not)sick(anymore)ky, just a bad joke, hope you don;t mind...

Quote Originally Posted by CKCHNG View Post
    RVP slow I think Diaby even worst - when he gets the ball, his first touch normally very poor and when he lose the ball, slow or never to get it back. Worst part is he always try to be the star, showing off his skills but in the end get robbed off the ball. Glad that TW is back and so far so good for Ro(not)sick(anymore)ky, just a bad joke, hope you don;t mind...
    diaby always over-dribble into trouble and then 2 opposition players will crowd him out...hate him, prefer to see TR on the starting line-up instead.
    Last edited by Simon_84; 7th October 2009 at 09:04 AM.

Yay ... BPL is back and we're playing Birmingham City @ The Emirates! Let's put that horrific Eduardo episode behind us and go for the win! I hope we won't have any of those post-international hiccups when we end up struggling throughout the game ...

Haiz ... just when we thought it's going to be another walk in the park, Vito Mannone makes us sweat again by letting in a soft goal ... myabe that's the price we gotta pay for playing flowing, attacking football?

I hope AW will be looking to add a world class goalkeeper come January ... IMO and I've said it many times, Alumnia may be decent but he's not world class ...

Having said that ... Go Gunners!
    Last edited by Adam Goi; 19th October 2009 at 11:07 PM.

Yah, we need a solid keeper. But Not many world class goalkeepers available. Thought Shay Given might be a good buy but Man City got him...Any other possible replacements?

I felt that Manone was fouled by Wigan when they scored that goal. The Wigan player jumped together with Mannone and there was contact, even though it was a small one, but enough to knock the keeper off balance. Therefore conceding the goal.
    But I honestly think Almunia is still a solid choice for a goal keeper and Mannone is a comfortable backup. If AW had any money to spend, I rather he buy a defensive mid fielder.
    Arsenal always commit too many players upfront n they cannot run back to defend quickly enough. Especially when Fab is busy orchestrating the attacks on the other half. And yes I agree that Diaby is overrated!
    Nikon D300 | MB-D10 | AF-S 17-55mm f2.8 | 35mm f1.8 | SB-900

Quote Originally Posted by ahbian View Post
    Yah, we need a solid keeper. But Not many world class goalkeepers available. Thought Shay Given might be a good buy but Man City got him...Any other possible replacements?
    there's not many good keepers around and even if there is, they won't come cheap either.
    i too would prefer the cash to be spend on a holding midfielder as well...

diaby is not over-rated is just that AW trust him too much and keep playing him every now and then.
    ever since that self-destruct button he pressed during that previous man u match, i hate him even more.
    Last edited by Simon_84; 24th October 2009 at 08:34 PM.

Your guess : Who will be guarding the post in tomorrow derby ?

Almunia or Mannone

My guess is Almunia. I think AW will go for experience.

What a game...beating our rival 3 to nothing is really sweet & enjoyable. PC, such a tall striker, have no match for TV, Song was excellent, Gallas wonderful, CF fantastic ! RVP outstanding...but Diaby still gets my . The best was even at 3 up, AW slamming his jacket on the seat angrily when the players start to relax a bit ! This is good sign : No nonsense attitude !!
    Last edited by CKCHNG; 31st October 2009 at 11:39 PM.

ah...so satisfying! damn shiok feeling. if eduardo had scored that one on one with gomes, and if ramsay had kept his cool, lagi shiok

Woo hoo! It's a great win! Unfortunately I was distracted by my new PS3 Slim so I never get to watch it ...

Robbie Keanne said they're 'at least as good' as us? Riiiiight ...

However, I'm still sore about losing the 2-goal lead against West Ham, otherwise we'll look a lot 'gooder' on the table now ...

Anyway, go Gunners and please be consistent!

even though is a walk in the park, but there are some chances in the game where the players fail to finish off.
    thankfully yesterday those miss chances never come back and haunt them even when they are 3-nil up.

Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 21722252627282932 ... LastLast