Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1621242526272831 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal Football Club - The Gunner's Thread 2

Default Re: Arsenal Football Club - The Gunner's Thread 2

After 5 games, my assessment for the whole team as follow :

- GK = 6/10. Not fully tested yet due to our solid defense...letting in sloppy goal. Looks to be the weak point so far is MA, hope he will be more focus in future games...

- Defense = 8.5/10. Solid so far...(last night own goal came from midfield).

- Midfield = 8/10. Outstanding, controlling the midfield well and goals mainly coming from this department so far.

- Striker = 7/10. Not scoring enough and taking their chances well.

...well this is just my opinion, not sure if you Gooners agree or not...

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_84 View Post
    looks like arsenal have a lucas in disguise in diaby...powerful own goal i don't expect to see him in the line-up in the next match plus eboue the diver
    should sell them instead...waste of time to let them develop any further.
    don't know the keeper and diaby press the self-destruct button for what...

hate that stupid mike dean!
    i think the things that happened was unfortunate, alumnia didn't foul rooney, he dived before making contact. And diaby's header, i believe he was trying to head forward but it went backwards instead, very unlucky.

Hopefully when they come visiting, we have an injury free squad.
    Eduardo and Fabi, if they were playing, we could have run riot. We could only look forward to the next game, at least we all know manu aren't that invincible.

Fletcher's chance 9th min

Arshavin's missed shot 25th min

Rooney's freekick 32nd min

Arshavin's Goal!

Van Persie's chance

Rooney's penalty kick

Diaby's own goal

Links source from hijjawi from Arsenal Singapore forums.

Arsene sent to the stands
    (imo i think it was a disgusting decision by the officials, to try disgrace the manager)
    Last edited by sbs99; 30th August 2009 at 11:40 AM.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Actually, much as I like for the gunners to win matches, i think its kind of embarrassing for a team to be know as divers, we need only one or two to taint the whole team.

well done uefa *clap clap* , hope you follow up with the rest of the complaints instead of victimizing arsenal only while manu and liverpool get away with it...disgusting decision from uefa.
    Last edited by Simon_84; 2nd September 2009 at 12:27 PM.

Hi guys..
    It has been a while since I look at this forum..

I don't know whether you guys have this same point of view as me on the Arsenal vs. Man Utd match..

Man Utd got away with a bloody lucky win, which in turn, Arsenal also damn suay.
    Almunia brought Rooney down and then Diaby scored own goal..

I woke up at 2am (I was in Melbourne) to watch this and was very upset as I know the next morning, sure kena suan by my friends..

Guess the Jack Neo movie, "Where got ghost", quite true.
    They say football also have "football god"..

Well, just a day with bad luck..

sorry for the upcoming wall of text but i got to agree with him.

from ikon225 in arsenal mania:

I have said this time and time again! Racism is smarter in our society and seems to be coming stronger and stronger in so many areas of our society! The media view on any arsenal matter, the FA approach to issues concerning Arsenal, the referees coming publicly to say that before they book a player they have to think if he is the English captain or not! The money involved in our game is such that we seem to have created some kind of mafia in the game!
    For any football fan not to know that here in the UK Man U and Liverpool get away with a lot of things and so do so many English players, then he must have a special way of watching games! People just dislike Wenger, some even hate him not for what he says, or does, but just for who he is: A Frenchman! You can see in some of the posts and even some so called pundits like Jamie! Somebody who does not know football, who has never ever won anything serious in his average football player's life! If the likes of Rooney, even sometimes the great Stevie G, get away with so much in the league here, they get used to it and are tempted to do the same at International level and get punished for it! I feel really sorry for Wenger as even towards the end of the game, they just wanted to humiliate such a great personality of our modern game by sending him to the stands and being even abused by idiots on his way up! What for? What was the crime? For me the league has lost all his credibility and not only because of that game, but because of so many things that I have seen here! In the past, Vieira would just get sent off for lifting his leg! Alan Sherear head butted some player after a strong tackle! In so many games we watch Rooney abusing referees and getting away with it! Please do think for a second if any Arsenal French player can ever get away with that! Let us be honest! I think Wenger should walk away from this league and go to another country and carry on with his passion for football! In the game, here so many peolpe are taking their racial views to the game! Trust me racism has got smarter over the years! As for the media, people talk about freedom of press and this and that, it is great but if being english means getting away with everthing then, the FA must create a league and make sure that there are no more foreign coaches or players and only play here amongst english! With so much money involved in our game if the cannot even have honest referees, then what is the point! I have seen Michael Owen earning a penalty through a clear dive for England against Argentina in the world cup but it was never mentioned anywhere! Why? Because of the Maradona hand of God? In the light of recent events in the game here, We have to be honest and say that Man U did not deserve to win that game! If a player cannot trust a referee, it is the same as not having a decent justice system in a country! Your protection or freedom is simply down to somebody who dislikes you for what you are! There is no more sportsmanship in that! The whole world has seen this game and everywhere people are saying that it is shame! It simply is!

can't believe it, they even have a rooney dive posted in youtube...clever dive i suppose.
    karma is against us...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0UdpLNiD-o
    Last edited by Simon_84; 2nd September 2009 at 05:40 PM.

I believe we have to get on with it, before him...mr notorious diver (gone to spain) did all those as well. They Gunners just have to return the favour when they come visiting at the Emirates.
    One-North Explorers

T_T
    lose man-utd
    Canon EOS 500D|BG-E5|18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 kit| 50mm f/1.8 II | 17-40mm f/4L | 580EXII
    HOLGA GCFN 120

lol now rooney kena accused of diving...http://www.teamtalk.com/football/sto...535969,00.html

omg uefa really screw up with this case, just wanna make arsenal an example only...http://www.football365.com/story/0%2...5065%2C00.html
    Last edited by Simon_84; 3rd September 2009 at 11:46 PM.

It's a boring weekend...no Gunners game...

Arshavin new nike video, damn cool his russian tone...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFNps...layer_embedded

would like him to be the captain instead...

walcott nike video, fast is never enough...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR_Yf...eature=channel
    Last edited by Simon_84; 5th September 2009 at 09:03 PM.

if arsenal slip out of top 4 position this season, then AW will truly wake up.
    the defense is horrible, something like liverpool zonal marking system, don't understand why the full-backs like to push up and support the attack when they can hardly put in a good cross or a long shot.
    the high pressing system can be pick out easily with pacy wingers on the counter...

RVP should be in the wing not as a focal point of attack.
    NB should play the target-man role instead.

anyway i can tell that ade really hates his former team, he is more suitable for the target-man system at city instead of arsenal.

stamping wise i think he has some bad blood with RVP...
    Last edited by Simon_84; 13th September 2009 at 11:35 AM.

i'm dubious about arsenal going top 4
    but i'm rooting for the gunners!
    Canon EOS 500D|BG-E5|18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 kit| 50mm f/1.8 II | 17-40mm f/4L | 580EXII
    HOLGA GCFN 120

What a letdown. I felt AW shouldn't changed 50% of the midfield, then the 2 goals came. City players are more firedup than us, look at Bellamy, he was everywhere. Our midfield, looks tired and sloppy, especially Diaby, my god, AW should leave him at the bench instead. And who the hell ade think he is to celebrate like this without respect.
    I feel we will be back after this game, don't worry, we will be better...

I think the plus point is Rosicky is back. As for Adebayor, credit to him for scoring, but the celebrations....

Quote Originally Posted by ahbian View Post
    I think the plus point is Rosicky is back. As for Adebayor, credit to him for scoring, but the celebrations....
    Can't fault Adebayor behaviour totally....he felt unjust in his Gunner's day...this is the moment he shoots back.....I imiagine one day if I strike toto....I will do the same by walking to my boss and give him piece of my mind...that's it

One-North Explorers

Fwah... zhun kar....

I feel Diaby don't even deserve a place on the bench ... can't believe why Wenger keeps playing him; Bendtner plays on the wings again ... also can't comprehend why he would play the big man there ... as for Alumnia, another poor showing from him and I remember not long ago, Wenger would not hesitate to drop Lehman when he had a few sub-par performance ...

On the bright side, it's great to see Rosicky back and with a goal though I doubt he'll stay injury-free for the rest of the season and Arshavin ... urgh, we miss him!

All in all, I know it's just the beginning of the season but seeing how the rest of the top 4 are doing and the string of good performances that the up and coming contenders, i.e. Tottenham, Man City and even Villa are doing, I just can't help but to have a sinking feeling ...

Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1621242526272831 ... LastLast