Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 141922232425262934 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal Football Club - The Gunner's Thread 2

Default Re: Arsenal Football Club - The Gunner's Thread 2

Yeah, I'm glad that Adebayor has moved on ... he's become more of a mercenary than serving the club which made him who he is now. Not forgetting we got a tidy sum of $$ from his sale!

AW mentioned he's in no hurry to sign a replacement. Given the much inflated transfer market (no thanks to Real Madrid) and the decent attacking options that we still have in RVP, Arshavin, Walcott, Bendtner, Vela, Eduardo and Rosicky (hurray!), I don't think we need immediate replacements.

As for the tough-tackling, holding midfield position, maybe we're still a little short ... are Denilson and Song ready?

With Nasri latest injury, situation just got worst for the Gunners. Hopefully he will have a speedy recovery. As for Rosicky, I hope he won't be too rusty after being out for so long and can step into the squad well.

Quote Originally Posted by CKCHNG View Post
    With Nasri latest injury, situation just got worst for the Gunners. Hopefully he will have a speedy recovery. As for Rosicky, I hope he won't be too rusty after being out for so long and can step into the squad well.
    Yeah ... heard that too; latest I heard he'll be back in 6 weeks. That's not all; Eduardo will be out for 2 months due to his old injuries which he suffered @ Birmingham and as for Rosicky, I'd prefer he'll remain injury-free for sustained period of time ...

Oh man ... this is a poor start, with injuries to some of our key players. If this keeps up, we'll have yet another mediocre season again ...

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Goi View Post
    Oh man ... this is a poor start, with injuries to some of our key players. If this keeps up, we'll have yet another mediocre season again ...
    Hope it won't be.... but every seasons seems to have the same story since 2004/5 season. I have a feeling the coming season will be different...In Arsene, We trust!

Hi people!

The 09/10 season is finally here!

Though we have more players leaving the club, I still we have the potential of putting up a really good fight!

Playing the Toffees later; go Gunners!

Woo hoo!

We're 3 goals up at half-time!

6-1!

Woohoo!

The good thing is that we are also scoring from outside the box and setpieces, something we don't do too often in the past seasons. So its a good sign.

Yeah ! It was delightful to watch the new 4-3-3 formation - Song and Vermealan were solid, Bentdener and RVP movement caused the Everton defense and midfield quite a few problems - in fact the whole team click well, I think. 6 - 1 was rather unexpected. It's the first game only, hope this form will last.

Next - Celtic - this is the most important at this moment. We have to be in the CL.

Great result... confidence on a high!
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Vermealan is very impressive good replacement for Kolo toure

Come on!! Arsenaaaallllllll!!!!
    S5Pro|S3Pro|D50|16-85VR2|70-200VR|80-400VR|S50f1.4|105f2|135f2|SB900|SB80DX

Yeah ... we played as if we didn't know Toure and Adebayor have already left us!

From the looks of things AW appears to be pretty confident that our present squad has matured and is good enough and that probably explains why he's not rushing to sign before the transfer window closes ...

We got to do well for the next 2 matches against Celtic ... Champions League won't be the same if Arsenal is not in the thick of action ...

Quote Originally Posted by hetfieldpaul View Post
    Vermealan is very impressive good replacement for Kolo toure
    didn't expect arsene to field 4-3-3 in an away game...

i think he is more solid in the air than toure, so gallas won't have to cover much in the air.
    tackling wise, he needs to be more composed.
    good signing although still not tall enough.

hope the team will not drop too much points this season and i'm still hoping for a DMC player...if got 2 more players, we'll have a big enough squad to rotate for the whole season.

the man u fans are writing us off at the start of the season...lets see who have more points at the end of the season...
    Last edited by Simon_84; 17th August 2009 at 10:08 AM.

It's a good start and let's hope they remain consistent....
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_84 View Post
    the man u fans are writing us off at the start of the season....
    They are who they are...we can't fault them on that. Otherwise all the other clubs wouldn't have a friendly hate target, if they weren't bragging about their packages all the time. Hehehe
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Lot's of positives to take from Saturday's game, even if Everton did give up after letting in the third.

Alex Song - I thought he was a revelation in midfield and for me, man of the match. Thought he controlled the game and gave CF the freedom to pass the ball around creatively and get into attacking situations.

Bendtner has the best game for Arsenal I think I have watched. He is obviously a talented footballer or AW would've got rid of him by now. Let's hope there is more to come from him.

Vermealan looked solid and the goal will have done wonders for his confidence.

Arshavin had a quiet game - if he was on form the scoreline could've been double-figures as we all know he has the ability to score four in a game.

Celtic is the big one - we must win and get into Champion's League. I can't see us losing to Celtic, Scottish football is in disarray at the moment and it should be a foregone conclusion. But those games can often trip Arsenal up. Let's hope we have a new mentality against the minnows this season.

yeah vermaelen looked impressive in defence and his headed goal was probably the most powerful i have seen from the team for quite some time. felt sorry for almunia for not being able to keep a clean sheet. overall a pretty good performance.

Quote Originally Posted by sbs99 View Post
    They are who they are...we can't fault them on that. Otherwise all the other clubs wouldn't have a friendly hate target, if they weren't bragging about their packages all the time. Hehehe
    i thought they always hated liverpool...besides without CR sprinting down the flanks this season for them, i believe their counter-attack won't be as pacy as last time.
    i think is about time we brush them off for the home/away games.

liverpool suffered a lot yesterday when their midfield is missing xabi.

chelsea is still adapting to their new system but drogba really score a wonderful fluke goal...

Woo hoo! We just beat Celtic away @ Celtic Park 2-0! A deflected shot and an own goal (unfortunate) settled the game for us!

Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 141922232425262934 ... LastLast