Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 131821222324252833 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal Football Club - The Gunner's Thread 2

Default Re: Arsenal Football Club - The Gunner's Thread 2

looks like arsenal is no longer best of london.
    terrible slip-up by the youngster gibbs, hope he will remember his mistake for life, deserved to be taken off.
    more or less can understand why arsenal doesn't have quality english players when most of them play like him, simply too lightweight, like the rest of the midfield.
    walcott can't even get past evra yesterday...AW got it right to take him off, major disappointment.
    fab is a bit over-rated sometimes, in certain big games, he failed to turn up...
    Last edited by Simon_84; 6th May 2009 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Goi View Post
    Hi again.
    I really hope this will serve as a wake-up call for AW ... if he really wants to start taking silverwares back to the Emirates, he just couldn't stick to his purist, 'youthful' approach ... just take a look at top teams like Man U and Chelsea.
    We need more steel. Our defence seem to have become as leaky as Newcastle's...horrendous.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Its time to BBB some solid backline players!

I looked at the highlights of yesterday's game... we were really unlucky. First goal, Gibbs had a slip, allowing Park Ji Sung who was just behind him to get the ball for a clear shot at the keeper and goal.

2nd was a sucker punch, with Alumnia merely (centimeters??) away from that free kick. One away goal down was difficult to handle, the 2nd one basically killed the hope of a comeback. If these two goals didn't happen, perhaps we might juz go down to penalties.

Maybe the winner of the other tie will finish off them.
    One-North Explorers

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_84 View Post
    looks like arsenal is no longer best of london.
    terrible slip-up by the youngster gibbs, hope he will remember his mistake for life, deserved to be taken off.
    more or less can understand why arsenal doesn't have quality english players when most of them play like him, simply too lightweight, like the rest of the midfield.
    walcott can't even get past evra yesterday...AW got it right to take him off, major disappointment.
    fab is a bit over-rated sometimes, in certain big games, he failed to turn up...
    Quote Originally Posted by sbs99 View Post
    We need more steel. Our defence seem to have become as leaky as Newcastle's...horrendous.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahbian View Post
    Its time to BBB some solid backline players!

I agree with you guys.
    - Arsenal needs more experienced players which can lead the team.
    - We need more steel, "Aluminum" is too soft.
    - More experience defenders and a midfield general needed.

I'm a great Arsenal fan but disappointed when I watched the match at a friend's place.

I thought that Arsenal will give Man Utd a hard fight but after 8 mins I roughly knew it was over. After Park Ji Sung scored, Arsenal must score 3 goals in order to advance. Not to mention, when Ronaldo scored at the 11th mark.
    After that goal, Arsenal must score 4 goals to advance. It's then impossible.

Hiax.. Maybe next year.

for Gunners' bravery to fight till the end!

i put this morning's game down down to luck. i think the battle would have been more even if gibbs had not slipped. that was really unfortunate. once we let in that goal, we had an uphill task of scoring 3 goals, and were always chasing the game leaving gaps behind. if anything i would blame it on our piss poor performance in the first leg.

well now we only have a partypooper role to play in the bpl. let's sit back and enjoy that. we will be back next year, and this time we will have arshavin in the champions league!

Hey guys. Check out this news.

Arsenal fan hangs himself in Kenya
    http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...427362/1/.html

this current arsenal team is a joke...filled with losers...
    expect to see Diaby gone at the end of the season, useless squad player...
    Last edited by Simon_84; 11th May 2009 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_84 View Post
    this current arsenal team is a joke...filled with losers...
    expect to see Diaby gone at the end of the season, useless squad player...
    relax bro....dun go hang yourself

well we paid the price for not taking the early chances. not sure why wenger kept diaby on for so long. he hasn't been play well recently. can't even control the ball. denilson should have been on much earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    relax bro....dun go hang yourself

well we paid the price for not taking the early chances. not sure why wenger kept diaby on for so long. he hasn't been play well recently. can't even control the ball. denilson should have been on much earlier.
    is hard to stomach a loss especially when is a match with london rivals.
    perhaps is about time for me to go neutral again, can't seen arsenal winning anything in the next 3-5 years...the EPL looks more like big 3 to me instead of the big 4.

ratings for the chelsea match:

Fabianski-3- actually doesn’t know what he is doing- completely responsible for the 3rd goal that killed it- otherwise worrying.

Sagna-4- a bit better than of late...but we must have sold that best RB in the league we had last season

Touré-5- was unlucky and completely let down by fabianski and Silvestre

Silvestre-4- he was bad again- he isn’t awful for a 4th choice CB...but the fact that I think he has made 18 prem appearances this season tell us that he isn’t good enough to play 18 prem games.

Gibbs-7-good

Walcott-4- did a lot right, but did so much more wrong- his game relies on him being able to make that final ball/finish- doesn’t have the mentality to do it- the epitome of our problem.

Nasri-7-good- him and cesc seemed to share the 2 positions and it worked really well for half an hour-otherwise worked very hard.

Song-5- did all he could do really- his lack of mobility means he isn’t really that great cover for the CBs though

Diaby-1- simply a very very poor player- who at 23 tomorrow is too old to be making excuses for. It isn’t like denilson’s passenger mentality/ ade’s bad attitude and wrokrate/eboue’s technical inadiquasies and end ball......it is primarily about pure stupidity, add to that such a bad first touch that he uses his next 6 touches chasing it into a dead end, a complete hesitance to pass, no kind of tackle on him, ridiculous positioning off the ball. A weaker team could put up with all this cause they get some strong direct running. But is a liability wherever we play him. I hate him!

Cesc-2- has been too sh*t for too long and he needs to sort it out cause no *****ing way is he gonna coast like this through his career as arsenal captain.

Vanpersie-5.5- alright I suppose

Bendtner-8- by far our best play- is simply a different class of player to the c*nt he replaced (not saying much) had a personal point to prove today and he did. We didn’t look like scoring until he came on- and he did it all from the left- a better LM than diaby by some extraordinary- extent both offensively but defensively also- I dare say he’d even be a better CM- and this isn’t me proclaiming bendtner as a footballing genius- it is me condemning diaby as a footballing turd. Bendtner doesn’t have half the technique of diaby- but showed that with 2 brain-cells one can do a job.

Ade-5- sick of him too to be honest...run on the pitch with a beaming smile when we’re 3 goals down

Denilson-6- does make us more fluid in the middle of the park because he retains it for so little time- I think it made us that little bit more dangerous

I think we were unlucky...but a class team would make its own luck.

copied from an arsenal forum, looks like i'm not the only one that hates diaby...think is also about time we sold ade already, heard that he was booed when he came on as a sub.
    looks like the arsenal crowd have been patient with gibbs.
    Last edited by Simon_84; 11th May 2009 at 04:37 AM.

I think only Nasri and Gibbs played well enough yesterday. On the whole, the team was doing quite OK all the way till half time, but only Chelsea took their chances better.

Diaby was a big culprit, always too slow on the ball until he was dispossessed.

Oh well, hope its a big indication to AW that he really needs to spend on big players.

They gave a good effort yesterday, almost had a win against Manu. Sagna had a good game, defending and pushing up, as well as Gibbs.

Noticed they tend to push up quite a number of players stringing passes, but passing accuracy isn't perfect. Once given ball away, defenders who had pushed up were slow in recovering. I was actually surprised to see the defence so porous.

A very much improved effort overall, Manu had zero shots on goal. Heh. But i think Wenger gifted the title to them rather than wait for Hull. His substitutes surprised a number of people, taking out two influential players who were giving Manu a lot of problems (even though they were on yellow, they should continue), replacing with Theo and bendtner...but Theo on the left wing, and Bendtner on the right wing? Huh... later Eboue rightback coming in at leftback for Gibbs. That says so much, even the commentators mentioned Wenger decided not to embarass Ferguson as his team was misfiring and mis-passing.

Oh and Ade seems to be leaving soon, hope they get helpful players, next year could be the year, the trophy returns.

last but not least, congrats to Manu for this title. Let's give them a tougher time next season. Heh
    Last edited by sbs99; 17th May 2009 at 09:23 AM.
    One-North Explorers

Last edited by sbs99; 21st May 2009 at 08:47 PM.
    One-North Explorers

Hi people, the season will be over soon ... with one more game to go.

What's your feel? In your opinion, what did we do right? What are the areas for improvement?

Le Prof in Singapore on transit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gJbTIjQ4Z0
    One-North Explorers

yes finally a new center back...i prefer toure to be leaving as he is more error-prone of late but the door is open for gallas to leave instead.

Cheers to them!!!

Hair for Hope

Razortv coverage clip

Shavees
    One-North Explorers

bye bye ade, thanks for everything.

Yah, good riddance to Ade.

Some highlights from the friendly against Barnet