Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4912131415161924 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal Football Club - The Gunner's Thread 2

Default Re: Arsenal Football Club - The Gunner's Thread 2

gunners get in!!!
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Wah ... how come no one updates on match against Chelsea!

I was away for ICT over the weekend and when I got the news from by bro via sms this morning, I was blown away! We actually beat Chelsea 2-1! Crazy stuff! Now I just hope to see the team to continue to grind out consistent results ...

Go Gunners!

hehe...i just got back from vacation last night. stepped in to the house and saw the 1-2 score with 13 mins to play. felt really good to beat chelsea at stamford bridge

to be honest chelsea didn't deserve to lose the match but if van persie says is a karma goal then i really have to believe him.
    anyway is a nice win, looks like arsenal is the only team capable of beating any one of the big four.
    best of all is they can beat man u anytime...sorry i'm a ABMU.
    Last edited by Simon_84; 2nd December 2008 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Goi View Post
    Wah ... how come no one updates on match against Chelsea!

I was away for ICT over the weekend and when I got the news from by bro via sms this morning, I was blown away! We actually beat Chelsea 2-1! Crazy stuff! Now I just hope to see the team to continue to grind out consistent results ...

Go Gunners!
    To top that off, Chelsea was leading early and look more likely to score the next goal...well done to Arsenal for the fighting spirit and self believe

Later today, Arsenal youngsters (the younger ones) will be travelling to Turf Moor to face Chelsea's conquers, Burnley in the Carling Cup Quarter-finals.

Go Gunners!

What a shame; Burnley ended our youngsters' run. Let's hope they have gone away with some important lessons ...

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Goi View Post
    What a shame; Burnley ended our youngsters' run. Let's hope they have gone away with some important lessons ...
    No problem. There is always a next time for the young Gunners.

Yes, we won! It's sad that we have to struggle to hold on to a slender 1 goal lead. I guess until Nasri came off, we really looked like a 'footballing' side. I just couldn't believe Arsene would actually throw Eboue who has been out and not played at all for about a month into the fray. Yes the home fans did not help either but I felt he should have sent someone else ...

This is how I'd rate the main culprits. Toure was enthusiastic as usual and I know he wanted to motivate the team by bringing the ball into the opponents half but that also exposed us in the back and we did see him backpadde when the passes didn't work out. Silvestre though experienced, his defending leaves much to be desired ... I used to think he's a good signing but looking at how irrational he defended at times, I think AW should promote some promising youngster or start getting re-inforcement come January. As for midfield, Song couldn't exert himself as the guardian of the back-four and Eboue, as I had mentioned, I can't blame him ... the finger should be pointed at Wenger because he put someone who's simply not ready on. As for the front two, well there's nothing much I can add.

We used to play flowing, mesmerising, passing football but lack the punch in the final third. Now to make matters worse, we even struggle to string decent passes together ...

As fans, we always chant 'Arsene knows'. I'm still trying to keep the same faith but I have to confess my doubts are growing ...

All in all, we were very lucky to walk away with 3 points and yes, our current state of affairs has not bottomed out ...
    Last edited by Adam Goi; 7th December 2008 at 01:28 PM.

eboue was shattered but cant really blame the fans. he just wasnt himself. the way he was playing was putting the team at risk. though harsh i think it was right that wenger took him off.

djourou didnt play along side with toure? but with silvestre? zzz....silv shouldnt be bought in the first place imo, there were much better choices out there, probably even cheaper. Even youth could need some blooding sooner. (eg Djou)
    One-North Explorers

i do not think that eboue deserved the boos from the fickle london crowd especially when he has been a royal servant for the past few seasons.
    although he haven't been on his best form in recent times, but i still hope that he bounce back from this setback.

Wah ... this is crazy stuff; Bernd Schuster left Real Madrid on Tuesday by mutual consent with former Sevilla and Tottenham boss Juande Ramos named as his replacement on a six-month contract!

Well with the January transfer market opening soon, what's on the wishlist of my fellow Gooners?

For me, it'd be great (it's a wishlist isn't it?) if we can sign one player each for goal-keeping, defence, midfield and striker's position to really turn the season around and really inject some real experience so that our young lads have some personalities to learn from (having self-belief is good but not enough).

GK - Robert Green (my pick for the next England No. 1, he should not be languishing in a club like West Ham)
    Defence - Matthew Upson; swallow your pride and get him back!
    Midfield - Get Xabi Alonso or better still, since we know we need someone who can do Flamini's job, get Lassana Diarra back! (Who say we can't swallow pride for another time?!)
    Striker - This gets even yummier ... Michael Owen!

I guess to make all these happen, I'll need a Santa ...

My wish list -

Jolene Lescott - Everton, Defender
    Gareth Barry - West Ham?, Midfielder
    The sooner you get it, the longer you enjoy it.
    I welcome you @ www.benaw.zenfolio.com

All i wish is that the club get their combative toughness back, tireless running, ruthless defending and scoring!!
    One-North Explorers

i like the line-up in last match with song and the taller swiss center back in the middle of the park.
    but song is still slow even in the middle and he keeps to short passing since he cant really pass the ball well.
    or perhaps mr wenger is still buying his time hoping to transform song into a veria-type player ?

good thing is he finally stops playing danielson in the middle.
    come jan, a defensive midfielder is still a top choice.

i wonder why arsenal always like to take the hard route in CL ?
    now again like last season, have to face another group winner...

hopeless arsenal...drop points again...some of the longs shot are way off the mark

luckily the other 3 also dropped points

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    luckily the other 3 also dropped points
    Yeah ... if that didn't happen, we're look really really bad ... (actually we're quite bad already) ... haha ...

Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4912131415161924 ... LastLast