Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3811121314151823 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal Football Club - The Gunner's Thread 2

Default Re: Arsenal Football Club - The Gunner's Thread 2

I will still keep the faith and hope that we can turn the ship around. But Arsene needs to buy in Jan 09. We need some bruisers in the midfield!

Another random thought; the team needs some reorganising this summer. Adebayor can go, but we need him now to qualify for CL next season. We can't play the kids yet because we can't risk loosing out on CL.

This weekend I suggest all gooners to support Aston Villa

And yes I got teased by my gf brother again...

if they dun buck up soon, i think we will be struggling to hang on to 4th position.

Quote Originally Posted by FooFighter View Post
    We are back, baby!!!

Can't wait to meet my gf's brother who gave me alot of stick (taunting) for loosing to stoke last week

He is a manu fan... infact my gf family are all manu fans... of course I won't suan the father lah
    ...I live in a house of ManU fans - both my sons and my son-in-law are...I'm the only Arsenal fan. Imagine when we watch a game together and Arsenal are playing badly... the boos are directed at me but when Arsenal beat ManU...oh it's sweeeet.

in a funny way, we are kindred spirits

=============================================
    News flash!

Arsenal newsflash : Gallas quits as captain By Myles Palmer

The news at 12.45 : Players meeting to elect a new captain.

Democracy in action ! Who will get the armband now?

William Gallas caused huge controversy by claiming his young teammates are "not brave enough in battle."

He revealed they had a row at half-time in the 4-4 Spurs game.

So what? I'm glad they argue at half-time. It shows they care.

But the club captain should not reveal such arguments.

Nov 21, 2008

in a funny way, we are kindred spirits

=============================================
    News flash!

Arsenal newsflash : Gallas quits as captain By Myles Palmer

The news at 12.45 : Players meeting to elect a new captain.

Democracy in action ! Who will get the armband now?

William Gallas caused huge controversy by claiming his young teammates are "not brave enough in battle."

He revealed they had a row at half-time in the 4-4 Spurs game.

So what? I'm glad they argue at half-time. It shows they care.

But the club captain should not reveal such arguments.

Nov 21, 2008

about time...i think kolo toure can do the job.

One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

I really hope Gallas has been relieved of captaincy ... however what is more important now is to refresh the first 11 ... the non-performing ones should be benched and from the way I see it, I'd love to see Wenger (I know it's wishful thinking) putting out the side which played the last Carling Cup tie against Wigan later today given the internal strife ...

For now, whether we win or not is unimportant; we should play with a kind of line-up, one that sends the message to the regulars that they really need to pull up their socks as no place is guaranteed ...

Sheesh ... it pains me to see Arsenal's current state and I have to agree with FooFighter, it's never easy to support Arsenal and AW ...
    Last edited by Adam Goi; 22nd November 2008 at 07:40 PM.

finally no more gallas as captain, what a sense of relief...

Problem is Kolo Toure is not performing enough to earn a first team place, let alone the captaincy.

Its not easy to support Arsenal, but I guess that means we are not fair weathered fans.

Crashed again, this time without the controversial captain.

Time for us to select a more able captain and rebuild...losing 0-3 to Man City is really ridiculous. Need overhaul already.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

what a total disaster of a game. stray passes and lost possession galore.

i think can ship out most of the players come jan...what a lousy team...kena bully by man city using former blackburn style...

For me, it's time to implement meritocracy ... regardless the size of their paycheck, those who are performing should get into the team sheet. With the current state in terms of morale and such, we really need to refresh the line-up!

Come AW! Go Gunners!
    Last edited by Adam Goi; 23rd November 2008 at 10:28 PM.

fabregas is the new captain.

maybe to stop him from jumping ship in january.

i don't understand why AW cant find a better player to partner fab in center mid.

once again if arsenal wont win any cup this season, then he really must be tempted to go once any big club comes calling...and for the sake of $$$, AW might be tempted to cash in.
    cashing in on fab will most likely cause the whole team to fall apart...

sad to see him playing a deeper role instead of a more advanced role with spain.

Gallas will improve now that Fabregas is captain By Myles Palmer

Arsene Wenger had to be realistic in this situation.

He had to bring Gallas back.

And he had to make Cesc Fabregas his captain. He was the only candidate for the job.

William Gallas, a world class defender, is an intense introvert who cares too much, as I've always said. And when Gallas became skipper, the pressure became too much for his particular temperament. That was why he sometimes behaved as he did.

As Wenger explained on Monday, "He took all the team's problems to heart."

Gallas has issues few people know about but he's still the best defender at the club. And by far the most experienced. I feel sorry for him. He has been restored because the team needs him against Dynamo Kiev and Chelsea .

Intelligent, loyal and honest, Cesc Fabregas is Arsenal's best player.

As a character, Fabregas is the finest footballer in the Premier League. He has achieved a helluva lot at 21 and won Euro 2008 with Spain on June 29. Having played in Spain's balanced team, which has electric strikers who are far superior to Ade and RVP, and having played with Senna, a model anchorman, and Casillas, a superb goalkeeper, he knows what is missing at Arsenal.

Will Fabregas wait around while a team is built round him? Yes. Should he wait around while Wenger grows a team around him? No. Because he only has one career. Fabregas should not have to babysit Denilson when he is only 21 himself. If the manager keeps buying kids, Cesc should go elsewhere and play in a team of men, a team that knows how to defend, how to win trophies.

But I hope he stays for another two or three years. While I could never imagine Arsenal winning a trophy with Thierry Henry as captain, I CAN imagine Fabregas lifting one up.

Recently, Arsenal has let Fabregas down by making him play in a weak team.

They now need him far more than he needs them. But he is sincerely grateful for the opportunities Wenger has given him. And he would like to repay the club by helping them to win trophies. Nobody doubts that. Fabregas has never let Arsenal down. He's contributed more to AFC than anybody of his age has ever done, so we all wish him well.

It's up to Arsene Wenger to create a team worthy of his new captain.

Don't say : he's only one player. He's far more than that. Just as you'll never see anybody as gifted as Bergkamp again, and you'll never again see any halfback as majestic as Patrick Vieira in his pomp, neither will you see another teenage midfielder who can read the game and pass the ball as astutely as Cesc Fabregas.

Good luck, Cesc. We believe in your ability and character. We hope you stay at Arsenal. But most of us think you should be playing in a team of men.

Nov 24, 2008

Cesc is now a captain. Not a bad choice.

However, I wonder why Kolo Toure was not selected, just like the way Gilberto was pushed aside. He is much older and had indicated early on the season that he hopes one day to become the captain. He has his faults too. I remember that he got himself sent off against Chelsea in a League Cup final. Recently, he don't seem to have much playtime too now that Silvestre, the former Devil, is fit. I have also just read that Man City will try to get him in the Jan transfer period. That's how AW lose experience players.

The thrash newspapers only report that Citeh is interested in Toure (isn't that against the rules?) but not a word from Arsenal.

Slow news day, don't believe everything the newspapers say.

Arsenal won against Kyiv with late Bendtner goal

The thrash newspapers only report that Citeh is interested in Toure (isn't that against the rules?) but not a word from Arsenal.

Slow news day, don't believe everything the newspapers say.

Arsenal won against Kyiv with late Bendtner goal
    yeah! a bit confusing in the lead up to the goal. djourou was on the ground and play was stopped after a while. play seem to restart with fabregas hitting a long ball to bendtner to score. was that a freekick or what?

anyway...its good to get back to winning ways. it was quite an open game with both sides attacking. i think we still not very sharp though the passing was a lot more crisp than in the past few games.
    Last edited by madmacs; 26th November 2008 at 09:29 AM.

This Sunday, we'll be away to Stamford Bridge and this is be the first real test for Fabregas and Co ...

Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3811121314151823 ... LastLast