Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 69101112131621 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal Football Club - The Gunner's Thread 2

Default Re: Arsenal Football Club - The Gunner's Thread 2

This is crazy stuff ... we're 2 goals up ... thanks to Nasri! See? We must start shooting from outside the box!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Goi View Post
    Here we go again and this time we won't be expecting favours from Man U. Read the ST today and saw a big caption on the frontpage about the game ... "Boys versus Men".

For me, given our squad which is currently suffering on both fronts, i.e. either key players are carrying injuries or suspension and low in confidence, I have to be fairly realistic of our chances. However, I hope to see an Arsenal side later today, though playing with very tired spirit and legs, will still play with a lot of heart! In addition, I hope their replacements will also grab the chance really well and breathe some life in the squad as well as help to lift the spirit!

Go Gunners!
    Ya...we are the boys!

Yes! This is sweet!

The way they still want to attack instead of controlling possession is giving me a heart attack.

Wonder what the expert pundits in the New Paper have to say tomorrow.

a job well done! this shows that team can really do it if they put in the effort - and this without RVP and adebayor.

I was so PLESANTLY surprised when I saw the scoreline just now while shooting out on the streets.

Good job team.... keep it up
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

They almost went to sleep in the last 10 minutes in regulation time. Im surprised the extra time was 6 minutes...which injury incident warranted 6 minutes??? Questionable.

Major win by Manu over a Big 4 rival, coverage given in new paper was 6 pages (to my memory), would like to see them struggle to come up with at least a 5 page coverage about the Gunners win over a 'major' club. I doubt ex-arsenal fan Tohari.P would have much to say either.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

This is crazy stuff ... we're 2 goals up ... thanks to Nasri! See? We must start shooting from outside the box!
    I think this is the key...... no need to pass the ball into the net.!

Anyway, well done Gunners. I am so proud of you.

any video clips??

congrats to arsenal.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sbs99 View Post
    They almost went to sleep in the last 10 minutes in regulation time. Im surprised the extra time was 6 minutes...which injury incident warranted 6 minutes??? Questionable.

Major win by Manu over a Big 4 rival, coverage given in new paper was 6 pages (to my memory), would like to see them struggle to come up with at least a 5 page coverage about the Gunners win over a 'major' club. I doubt ex-arsenal fan Tohari.P would have much to say either.
    At 2-0 up, am I the only one who had the feeling that Arsenal will concede a goal near 90th minute? I think the added 6 minutes was for almunia whose head was mistaken as a ball by Carrick.
    Last edited by ahbian; 9th November 2008 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    any video clips??

congrats to arsenal.
    Quoting from another forum

Rooney's shot goes over the crossbar 18'
    Click Here for Video

1st Goal for Arsenal - Nasri 22'
    Click Here for Video

2nd Goal for Arsenal - Nasri 48'
    Click Here for Video

Almunia is kicked in the head and substituted
    Click Here for Video

1st Goal for Man United - Rafael 90'
    Click Here for Video

One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

We are back, baby!!!

Can't wait to meet my gf's brother who gave me alot of stick (taunting) for loosing to stoke last week

He is a manu fan... infact my gf family are all manu fans... of course I won't suan the father lah

Quote Originally Posted by FooFighter View Post
    We are back, baby!!!

Can't wait to meet my gf's brother who gave me alot of stick (taunting) for loosing to stoke last week

He is a manu fan... infact my gf family are all manu fans... of course I won't suan the father lah
    No no.. we must be gracious in victory. Otherwise, we will be just like other (unnamed group) fans...

I remembered many years ago under George Grahman that the Gunners were on a bad patch but came back to win a big match. Of course, that was under leadership of Tony Adams.

I missed the match but listened to the match on BBC radio. The commentators said that the reason Wenger let Flammni go was because he was sure that Diaby could do his job. However, Diaby is injury prone this season and couldn't feature regularly. Apparently, in this match, Diaby held the midfield well and Dennilson and Fab could roam freely.

And yes, Tony won his first match as Manager. Well done.

Just saw Man U's last goal. Watching it again and again, I felt that Arsenal's sub keeper didn't dive fully or extend his arm to try to stop that. That's not good. Wenger needs to work on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tango Wasp View Post
    Just saw Man U's last goal. Watching it again and again, I felt that Arsenal's sub keeper didn't dive fully or extend his arm to try to stop that. That's not good. Wenger needs to work on him.
    Hi ... correct me if I'm wrong. I'll recall from the match when Rafael took the shot, Clinchy was actually standing in front of Fabianski. As his view was blocked, the reserve GK had little time to react ...
    Last edited by Adam Goi; 9th November 2008 at 07:07 PM.

Hi ... correct me if I'm wrong. I'll recalll from th match when Rafael took the shot, Clinchy was actually standing in front of Fabianski. As his view was blocked, the reserve GK had little time to react ...
    I also think he was blocked, a wall of people inside the box.

I am back from my mission

Ok about the ManU goal, think no keeper in the world could save that. It was a split second volley, accurate (top corner?) and fast.

Nasri is in my fantasy team!

hope we can see more long shots in the future and perhaps some early crosses as well.
    but now the title race is blown wide open already, anything can happen come next may...then again it may only be a 2 horse race between chelsea and liverpool.
    Last edited by Simon_84; 10th November 2008 at 11:11 AM.

Carling Cup Arsenal 3 - Wigan 0

Watched the later part of the match, the young ones are really entertaining.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=256349&cc=4716

haha..really entertaining and well worth waking up for.

vela was certainly the lively esp in the 2nd half. simpson seems to know how to be in the right place at the right time. wilshere knows how to shield the ball rather well. gibbs can be another clichy and merida looks like a fabregas in the making.

fabianski needs more exposure. he's still a bit uncertain and almost gifted wigan a goal early in the game. ramsey was a bit off with quite a few of his passes going astray. but overall still a very good team performance.

Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 69101112131621 ... LastLast