Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First official news of Nikon D2H and new products

Originally posted by lyrrad
    How long will it take for Nikon to introduce a prosumer class DSLR in the x00 (d200?) class?
    Soon

Droolz, yesh, looks like I'm going to be in debt again for a longer time after this.

Noted that
    Flash X-Sync: 1/250 sec

Thought the D1x was 1/500s
    What does this mean?? I can't fire my flash at 1/500 anymore? But yet the SB800dx has a "Auto FP High Speed Sync Mode"

New Auto FP High Speed Sync Mode provides ample fill-in flash when shooting in bright light with fast aperture lenses to achieve effective blur in the background. When the mode is active, the camera automatically uses high-speed flash synchronization to make shutter speeds available that exceed the camera's own flash sync speed.
    http://www.nikon.com.sg/PRODUCT/FLASH/SB800.htm
    Means I can shoot at 1/500 and still have fill in flash?
    How about shooting at 1/8000 (D2H, highest shutter speeed) can the fill in flash still work?

Update:

WHoah.. now I can't sit still.
    New i-TTL flash system - The D2H supports a new i-TTL protocol with the new Speedlight SB-800 which introduce new features such as FV-Lock (flash exposure lock), FP High-Speed Sync (flash X-sync up to 1/8000 sec) and the communication of flash color information which can affect image white balance depending on flash duration. i-TTL also provides for 'Advanced Wireless Lighting' for the control of up to 3 groups of remote flash units from one master SB-800.
    Last edited by willyfoo; 26th July 2003 at 12:35 PM.

Yes!!! An orientation sensor! Finally I can batch process my photos properly.

Orientation sensor - The orientation sensor records the orientation (landscape, portrait left, portrait right) of the camera at the time of exposure by writing a flag into the EXIF header of the image (or RAW header). This allows the camera, Nikon View or Nikon Capture to display the image in the correct orientation. At this stage we aren't sure if this is recorded in the standard Orientation EXIF field.
    http://www.dpreview.com/articles/nikond2h/page3.asp

Originally posted by willyfoo
    Yes!!! An orientation sensor! Finally I can batch process my photos properly.
    Guess who's already ordered one then? Didn't know you were a fast paced action shooter Willy, welcome to the club!

Guess who's going to be first in line for a camera that is grafted into your brain and all you need is to think about the image that is seen through your eyes?

Blog Entries

Originally posted by pureflow
    btw, the D2H JFET sensor is very close to the Foveon Chipset. RGB sensor on 3 seperate sensor layer with the 4th layer as luminance layer. which makes it very close to 4.1M x2 (8.1M). Pretty much like the SD9 3M is very close to a 6M DSLR.
    Interesting ... but I could not find any reference to this "Foveon-like" sensor anywhere. Great if this was true, but all specs currently point to the JFET sensor being an "evolution" of the CMOS imager, rather than a "foveon-like" sensor.

Will have to wait until Nikon releases more details of their sensor. Until then its just pure guesswork on everyone's part.

Originally posted by Darren
    Interesting ... but I could not find any reference to this "Foveon-like" sensor anywhere. Great if this was true, but all specs currently point to the JFET sensor being an "evolution" of the CMOS imager, rather than a "foveon-like" sensor.

Will have to wait until Nikon releases more details of their sensor. Until then its just pure guesswork on everyone's part.
    Wow... if this was true, it should be one of the camera's main selling points... but we haven't seen it anywhere else other than pureflow's like. Which the author claims that it's his educated guess.

1D have been putting D1 series in the shadow for a long time, time for revenge.

wait for Aug 20 that when Canon will launch their new pro DSLR and Nikon will again take the back seat...........hehe

Quote Originally Posted by insport
    wait for Aug 20 that when Canon will launch their new pro DSLR and Nikon will again take the back seat...........hehe
    another 2 days to showtime!

tomolow........!!!

can't wait loi.........

Blog Entries

It shouldn't be long now. I had a letter through the door this morning from NPS about workshops at the end of Nov and in early December. They've had the D2h touring the country already for several months, so I suspect these workshops will be with full production units.

It's aimed mainly at press/sports/photojournalists. Should be out on sale in about 3-4 weeks' time. Wait for the D2X too.

Quote Originally Posted by insport
    where's the Canon PRO DSLR??
    u dun mean the 300D, do u??

oops.. OT......

Quote Originally Posted by cyrilng
    It's aimed mainly at press/sports/photojournalists. Should be out on sale in about 3-4 weeks' time. Wait for the D2X too.
    sure or not that it will be on sale within 3-4 weeks?
    did not see any news on this......

Nikon Japan have put it back to November. Dealers here are still saying next week. Who knows.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123