Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First official news of Nikon D2H and new products

So who starting to save up for D2h?

Originally posted by AJ23

So who starting to save up for D2h?
    Definitely me!
    But when I have that amount of cash to get a D2H, I guess D5H would be out or something... haha!

Just curious, at the same sensor size as 1D, D2H is 1.5x crop, is it wasteful or am I wrong about this?

Originally posted by shutterbug
    Thanks Darren!

It's Canon's turn to play catchup.

D2X is going to be the bigger bomb.

The new DX lenses solves the 1.5x crop factor!
    Not really, you will see Canon slashes the price of 1D and 1Ds to make Nikon miserable again.

I am gonna buy one of these... one day.

How long will it take for Nikon to introduce a prosumer class DSLR in the x00 (d200?) class?

Blog Entries

Originally posted by tomshen
    Just curious, at the same sensor size as 1D, D2H is 1.5x crop, is it wasteful or am I wrong about this?
    The sensor size of the EOS1D is larger than the D1/2/100-series (27x17.8mm vs 23.7x15.6mm).

See here for correct EOS1D sensor size in comparison with D1/2/100-series and 35mm film -> http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos1d/

Looks good, even better with the new flash system. If D2H is priced at US3.5k, oh my, I should be able to get a 2nd hand 1D at S$4k...

then i will wait for those who are changing system to sell away their lenses

The "silent killer" camera company strikes again...........

Oh yes. Oh yes oh yes oh yes. Happy day!

The 1D looks better on paper? Not by a mile. I will admit at the moment the D2h is vapourware, but if it lives up to its promise, it's an unbelievable camera. The WiFi is such a big thing, but even that was upstaged by the thought Nikon has put into this camera for professional use. ISO variable, that multifunction button that stops the flash from firing, larger buttons in general, all unbelievable touches that have been crying out for attention. A 100% viewfinder with multiple battery indications. That unbelievable shutter lag and blackout time. And the best part, the price.

I assume this is public information now, but my company has ordered three this morning at the launch at an asking price of UKP2700 including VAT, which means it should retail at about S$6000. It sells for less than a D1h. We're expecting to take delivery of them in early October, and we will have them for the Rugby World Cup and possibly the start of the domestic rugby season.

Now all we need are some techs to fully utilise the WiFi!

Wahhhhh........ S$6000..........

Damn, time to start saving.....
    "Bring out calcualtor"

wow........quite an affordable price!!

wow ! S$ 6000 ?!!

then dont hve to drool leow!
    Start saving up now (some action at least )
    for the D2x

hmm but with another 1.5 x crop camera & more arrival of DX lenses . look like Nikon is not so "urgent" or maybe not at all for a full frame DSLR!

remember reading somewheer in an interview, mention that Nikon would rather develop it's DX lens than a Full Frame Camera. how true?!?

Juz wan to reconfirm, Isn't the 1D a full frame DSLR or did I get the model wrong? how come the digital review shows it's 1.3x crop?
    Last edited by jtnet; 23rd July 2003 at 12:41 AM.

Originally posted by Kira
    Wahhhhh........ S$6000..........

Damn, time to start saving.....
    "Bring out calcualtor"

ai ya!
    just apply for a new credit card, then can buy liao!

1D is not full frame, 1Ds is.

Originally posted by jtnet

Juz wan to check, Isn't the 1D a full frame DSLR or did I get the model wrong? how come the digital review shows it's 1.3x crop!

Good for you, Jed. And of course for me as well. D2h at S$6000? Oh boy, I think I would dance now. If it's true, a new 1D might be retailed around S$5500. What a lovely day!

Good for you, Jed. And of course for me as well. D2h at S$6000? Oh boy, I think I would dance now. If it's true, a new 1D might be retailed around S$5500. What a lovely day!

Well good luck to you, but somehow I would be surprised...

Originally posted by Jed
    Well good luck to you, but somehow I would be surprised...
    If Canon has something more interesting like a 1D successor priced at around S$6000, I'd love to go for it without hesitation. 4MP (or more) is good enough for my photography, till the day full frame is much more affordable.

On the other hand, I may simply waste my hard-earned $$ coz actually nothing (as a hobby) cannot be achieved with my D60.

Blog Entries

Originally posted by Jed
    The WiFi is such a big thing, but even that was upstaged by the thought Nikon has put into this camera for professional use. ISO variable, that multifunction button that stops the flash from firing, larger buttons in general, all unbelievable touches that have been crying out for attention. A 100% viewfinder with multiple battery indications. That unbelievable shutter lag and blackout time. And the best part, the price.
    I think, if you put it in a nutshell, the refinements are designed for a higher level of user experience and not for the sake of technology.

Default some updates from Nikkei

Nikon To Market Latest Digital SLR Camera In Oct
    (c) 2003 Nihon Keizai Shimbun, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

TOKYO (Nikkei)--Nikon Corp. (7731) announced Tuesday that it will market the Nikon D2H digital SLR (single-lens reflex) camera in late October.

The product is equipped with a proprietary 4.1-megapixel LBCAST (lateral buried charge accumulator and sensing transistor array) imaging sensor that allows high-speed photography of up to eight frames per second for 40 consecutive shots. The camera also features a newly developed auto-focus mechanism that measures distances in 11 areas.

The fastest shutter speed for the Nikon D2H is 1/8,000th of a second, and the shutter time lag is an industry-leading 37 milliseconds, comparable to the Nikon F5 film SLR camera, according to the company. Canon Inc.'s (7751) top-end EOS-1Ds digital SLR has a time lag of 55 milliseconds.

The camera's ambient light sensor gauges such conditions as the red light that permeates sunsets and the green of the forest to accurately reproduce color gradations.

An optional wireless transmitter function allows images to be sent to such devices as personal computers through a wireless LAN (local area network) connection at a data transfer speed of 11Mbps.

The base unit will be sold for 490,000 yen. Nikon initially is targeting a monthly production of 5,000 units, but is preparing to boost output to 10,000 units a month as it expects news organizations and others to switch from older models.

The camera body and the new sensor will be produced and processed at a facility in Tokyo.

"We hope to capture the top market share by offering a next-generation model with functions that will be the standard for professional-grade digital SLR cameras," said Managing Director Makoto Kimura, who also serves as president of Nikon's imaging company.

By bolstering its digital SLR camera operations, Nikon plans to compete against Canon and others. Pentax Corp. (7750) is expected to enter the market in August, with Olympus Optical Co. (7733) following suit in October.

(The Nikkei Business Daily Wednesday edition)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast