Thread: Any Starhub/MaxOnline users suffering from slow Internet?

Exclamation Any Starhub/MaxOnline users suffering from slow Internet?

Dear fellow CSnappers,
    I will just like to ask if any fellow CSnappers under Starhub/MaxOnline are suffering from slow Internet these days, specifically since Tuesday onwards?

I have a PC desktop and a MacBook and both of them are suffering from slow loading.

I called the Starhub customer hotline and they suggested not using the router but use the modem instead, and I was like, huh?

Anyway most importantly I just need to know if anyone is having the same symptoms as me. I can't open multiple tabs and I need to reload a few times to check my emails. As of now, I'm put on hold on the phone for 20 minutes, and counting.... Aarghhh!!!!

Cheers,
    {mich}

Default Re: Any Starhub/MaxOnline users suffering from slow Internet?

Quote Originally Posted by mich_2103 View Post
    Dear fellow CSnappers,
    I will just like to ask if any fellow CSnappers under Starhub/MaxOnline are suffering from slow Internet these days, specifically since Tuesday onwards?

I have a PC desktop and a MacBook and both of them are suffering from slow loading.

I called the Starhub customer hotline and they suggested not using the router but use the modem instead, and I was like, huh?

Anyway most importantly I just need to know if anyone is having the same symptoms as me. I can't open multiple tabs and I need to reload a few times to check my emails. As of now, I'm put on hold on the phone for 20 minutes, and counting.... Aarghhh!!!!

Cheers,
    {mich}
    it's always been slow...recently slower than usual
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
    it's always been slow...recently slower than usual
    Oh no...

Anyway someone over at Starhub finally answered my queries. The customer service personnel guided me on how to connect to the Internet without using the router. I asked him if Starhub is performing some form of maintenance work at the moment, therefore, disrupting the speed of the Internet. He asked me to connect to the Internet using the modem from now to 3pm so that from his side, he will be able to determine whether the reason for the slow speed was affected by the modem, router or the connection point.

Sigh... Don't you just hate it when IT sometimes throws a tantrum on you?

Cheers,
    {mich}

Oh no...

Anyway someone over at Starhub finally answered my queries. The customer service personnel guided me on how to connect to the Internet without using the router. I asked him if Starhub is performing some form of maintenance work at the moment, therefore, disrupting the speed of the Internet. He asked me to connect to the Internet using the modem from now to 3pm so that from his side, he will be able to determine whether the reason for the slow speed was affected by the modem, router or the connection point.

Cheers,
    {mich}
    i dun think modem router should affect the speed unless u're on wireless but i could be wrong...
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

But previously with the router, I was on wireless....

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
    i dun think modem router should affect the speed unless u're on wireless but i could be wrong...
    But previously with the router, I was on wireless....
    Nothing to do with wireless... but SH is known to have problems with routers.

Also, recently I'm having slow access to overseas sites but is ok for local sites.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

I had very slow connections too and frequent disconnection, its very much better now after I changed to a Linksys 'Gigabit' Router with corresponding network cards which boasts high speeds.

Starhub works on shared bandwidth basis. This means, if your whole Block surfs at the same time, then 'habis lah,' dead slow.

The other thing is, they've increased their customer numbers but probably not their hardware to cater for the increased customer numbers. Every exhibition or road show of theirs would have new customers signing up.

Oh no...

Cheers,
    {mich}
    It's quite serious for not able to load multiple pages and checking your mails. Did you tried what the customer service advice to connect your PC directly to your modem? I think if you are able to surf well directly on your modem then you should check on your router instead.

I used to have linksys G router but it keep causing me slow access as well, end up I removed it and connect it directly to modem which is much better.

Quote Originally Posted by ahpan View Post
    It's quite serious for not able to load multiple pages and checking your mails. Did you tried what the customer service advice to connect your PC directly to your modem? I think if you are able to surf well directly on your modem then you should check on your router instead.

I used to have linksys G router but it keep causing me slow access as well, end up I removed it and connect it directly to modem which is much better.
    Actually right now, I am connecting through my modem.

So far, so good connecting through the modem. I am able to surf the Internet, check the emails and watch videos on Youtube. Therefore, there is good evidence that the main problem comes from the router. My friend is using Belkin and he said it's good. But at the moment, I will just keep my options open at the moment.

Also, I need to have a router because I have a MacBook and a PC Desktop - I want to surf the Internet on both computers so a router is definitely a must for me. And to connect to the Internet un-wireless just doesn't justify the main reason why I switched over to Starhub. Previously I was with Singnet for 10 years. People told me Starhub's wireless Internet is much faster than Singnet, that's why I switched over.

Cheers,
    {mich}

Actually right now, I am connecting through my modem.

So far, so good connecting through the modem. I am able to surf the Internet, check the emails and watch videos on Youtube. Therefore, there is good evidence that the main problem comes from the router. My friend is using Belkin and he said it's good. But at the moment, I will just keep my options open at the moment.

Also, I need to have a router because I have a MacBook and a PC Desktop - I want to surf the Internet on both computers so a router is definitely a must for me. And to connect to the Internet un-wireless just doesn't justify the main reason why I switched over to Starhub. Previously I was with Singnet for 10 years. People told me Starhub's wireless Internet is much faster than Singnet, that's why I switched over.

Cheers,
    {mich}
    There is no such thing that Starhub's wireless internet is faster than Singnet. Bandwidth is not guaranteed through air medium when you are using wireless.

For your existing router, probably you try reboot it or reset to factory settings and try again?

Quote Originally Posted by ahpan View Post
    There is no such thing that Starhub's wireless internet is faster than Singnet. Bandwidth is not guaranteed through air medium when you are using wireless.

For your existing router, probably you try reboot it or reset to factory settings and try again?

Yah, that's a thought!

Will try that after 3pm after Starhub calls me what's the real problem...