Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 64

Thread: Split from ahquan's APAD thread - copyright dispute

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    waiaung.deviantart.com
    Posts
    535

    Default Split from ahquan's APAD thread - copyright dispute

    Quote Originally Posted by ahquan View Post


    My favorite tune from the Daisy OST on my ipod.

    June- Barcarolle from The Seasons, Op. 37b by Tchaikovsky

    21 May 2008 with some photoshop
    O_O

    Did you take this one?

    Seriously... dude... STOP Ripping off images from other people.
    SHAME ON YOU.

    You know you didnt take that picture.
    Last edited by waiaung; 14th August 2008 at 03:54 PM.
    My Gallery at DeviantART http://waiaung.deviantart.com

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    waiaung.deviantart.com
    Posts
    535

    Default Re: [ahquan] A Photo Whenever I can 2008

    Well.. for your information..

    Its NOT even a PHOTOGRAPH
    My Gallery at DeviantART http://waiaung.deviantart.com

  3. #3

    Default Re: [ahquan] A Photo Whenever I can 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by waiaung View Post
    O_O

    Did you take this one?

    Seriously... dude... STOP Ripping off images from other people.
    SHAME ON YOU.

    You know you didnt take that picture.
    "I do believe when I post my photos, I indicate that it was "Taken on [date] with [camera]. Under that image, I did indicate that it was done with Photoshopped and I did not claim credit as it was not taken by me instead of all my other usual post. Yup, i did say on my ipod but obviously i didn't mention Anything else except the "date and some photoshop"

    Firstly, you did not clarify with me, but rather, sprouted so much nonsense. Next, you assume. Instead of making an ass out of you and me, you made a fool of yourself and insulted me in the process. Such un-called for comments have thrown my creditability here in doubt and i seek redress from you with an apology both here and via pm. Thus, the 2 posts above has been reported and this issue shall be closed.
    Last edited by ahquan; 14th August 2008 at 09:05 PM.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    waiaung.deviantart.com
    Posts
    535

    Default Re: [ahquan] A Photo Whenever I can 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by ahquan View Post
    "I do believe when I post my photos, I indicate that it was "Taken on [date] with [camera]. Under that image, I did indicate that it was done with Photoshopped and I did not claim credit as it was not taken by me instead of all my other usual post. Yup, i did say on my ipod but obviously i didn't mention Anything else except the "date and some photoshop"

    Firstly, you did not clarify with me, but rather, sprouted so much nonsense. Next, you assume. Instead of making an ass out of you and me, you made a fool of yourself and insulted me in the process. Such un-called for comments have thrown my creditability here in doubt and i seek redress from you with an apology both here and via pm. Thus, the 2 posts above has been reported and this issue shall be closed.

    Quote from your PM:
    [what is your problem may i know for such rudeness. tat photo was not shot by me i didnt mention abt me shooting it i mention it was photoshopped by me. find the exact one if you can. you are such an ass. really.. one more word of libel and i swear i take action against you for libel!]

    Dude... sure.. if you want to take action against me for Libel, please feel free to.
    All i need to do... I can crush you for USING MY ARTWORK WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. Because... I created that iPod image... I have all the files to prove... so any words?
    My Gallery at DeviantART http://waiaung.deviantart.com

  5. #5

    Default Re: [ahquan] A Photo Whenever I can 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by waiaung View Post
    Quote from your PM:
    [what is your problem may i know for such rudeness. tat photo was not shot by me i didnt mention abt me shooting it i mention it was photoshopped by me. find the exact one if you can. you are such an ass. really.. one more word of libel and i swear i take action against you for libel!]

    Dude... sure.. if you want to take action against me for Libel, please feel free to.
    All i need to do... I can crush you for USING MY ARTWORK WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. Because... I created that iPod image... I have all the files to prove... so any words?
    i like i said i did not claim credit for it nor did i pass it off as mine. you could have pmed me and on top of that i mention it was photoshop. you sure you got the exact same image? do let me clarify once and for all.

    the ipod screen with tat ipod photo and all words were changed and the fact i did not pass it off as my work it was done with photos from around the web and titled photoshopped. Now, the fact is your comments have thrown my creditability here in doubt and also for being so rude about it. a simple pm would have done been amiable goes to shows one character.

    Anyway, libel and using of your artwork is a totally different thing all together. please refrain from being rude. That is much appreciated.

    It seems you are diverging you have not read my last reply haven't you. that only images taken by me were tagged with [taken] [date] [camera] and like i mention in my pm to you that i did not shoot the photo and that i did not pass it off as mine shows i have not infringe d your rights and on top of which more than 50% of the image was edited and it was no exploited for any commercial gain or passing off as my own work, so i do not see why are you so upset. I hope we can settle this out of this thread really amiably . I am still seeking an apology for this sudden outburst on my thread.

    maybe you might like to pm me with you contact and we could settle this matter outside of this forum properly.

    btw, if the original photo i had edited from was yours, my apology but like i said i mention it wasn't my work and i never did pass it off as mine. i have my original jpeg and psd files which i edited the screen and words too.

    shawn

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    waiaung.deviantart.com
    Posts
    535

    Default Re: [ahquan] A Photo Whenever I can 2008

    Oh yah, just in case... if other people are wondering whats my original artwork look like, here are the pics:




    And this is one of the renders during the work in progress:







    This will be a natural response from anyone who finds out that their artworks been used without their permission.
    My Gallery at DeviantART http://waiaung.deviantart.com

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    waiaung.deviantart.com
    Posts
    535

    Default Re: [ahquan] A Photo Whenever I can 2008

    And here's what ahquan has posted previously here under "A Photo A Day Project 2008 Member's Daily photo project for 2008" forum, without mentioning the original artwork.

    Quote Originally Posted by ahquan View Post


    My favorite tune from the Daisy OST on my ipod.

    June- Barcarolle from The Seasons, Op. 37b by Tchaikovsky

    21 May 2008 with some photoshop
    My Gallery at DeviantART http://waiaung.deviantart.com

  8. #8

    Default Re: [ahquan] A Photo Whenever I can 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by waiaung View Post
    Oh yah, just in case... if other people are wondering whats my original artwork look like, here are the pics:




    And this is one of the renders during the work in progress:







    This will be a natural response from anyone who finds out that their artworks been used without their permission.
    i have had my photos stolen too but well i guess its really uncalled for reaction. Yup tat is the pic i used for editing the base. but like you can tell i re-did the screen totally and i never did pass off as mine. you still haven't read wad i mention when i posted the picture. done with some photoshop and nth was mention abt my usual taken where and with what. i dun see the need for the hoo har here on my thread. seriously like i mentioned, reflects one's self.

    i am wasting my time debating. seriously if you are not happy i take it down save all the trouble. meaningless. sigh..

    btw no need to quote. if thats what you argue abt tat blogskins.com will prob get their asses sued off. for the last time I did not pass of any works that are not mine as mine period.
    Last edited by ahquan; 14th August 2008 at 10:04 PM.

  9. #9

    Default Re: [ahquan] A Photo Whenever I can 2008

    offered solutions and the user "waiaung " refuse to back down. continue to crash thread.
    will lock threa and pend mod review.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: [ahquan] A Photo Whenever I can 2008

    hello everyone,


    as plagiarism, in any form, is a grave and serious offence, we take a very serious approach and view to such an act.

    APAD Project 2008 is for every photographer to post their OWN photos taken on the day itself or to some others, maybe a photo per week/months/whenever.

    as we have received complaints about this particular thread, this thread will have to be closed for the time being to allow investigation and legal actions, if any.

    at ClubSnap, we do not encourage plagiarism.



    Thank you and by the way, this thread will be closed by me.






    will ahquan and waiaung pls contact me individually via PM?
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    5,011

    Default Re: [ahquan] A Photo Whenever I can 2008

    To ahquan,

    You should read up more on copyright and intellectual property. You have made many wrong assumptions about what you can and cannot do.

    You have taken a piece of work created by someone else, modified and posted it with your name on it without getting permission beforehand and not given credit to the original creator. That is definitely copyright infringement. If you do not believe you have done anything wrong then you have a very poor understanding/knowledge of the subject matter.

    This is your APAD thread and the picture you posted had your name imprinted on it. You even stated that it was YOUR iPod. Whether or not you explicitly claimed credit for this work does not matter. To me, you have passed this off as your own.

    The admin and mods have reached an easy consensus that you are in the wrong and that you owe waiaung and the CS community a public apology at the minimum.

    If you have read any of the other threads on photo leeching on CS, you know your argument will not stand.

    I will keep this thread open for your response on this matter. I urge you to consider carefully on your next post.

    -Roy
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

  12. #12

    Default Re: [ahquan] A Photo Whenever I can 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by roygoh View Post
    To ahquan,

    You should read up more on copyright and intellectual property. You have made many wrong assumptions about what you can and cannot do.

    You have taken a piece of work created by someone else, modified and posted it with your name on it without getting permission beforehand and not given credit to the original creator. That is definitely copyright infringement. If you do not believe you have done anything wrong then you have a very poor understanding/knowledge of the subject matter.

    This is your APAD thread and the picture you posted had your name imprinted on it. You even stated that it was YOUR iPod. Whether or not you explicitly claimed credit for this work does not matter. To me, you have passed this off as your own.

    The admin and mods have reached an easy consensus that you are in the wrong and that you owe waiaung and the CS community a public apology at the minimum.

    If you have read any of the other threads on photo leeching on CS, you know your argument will not stand.

    I will keep this thread open for your response on this matter. I urge you to consider carefully on your next post.

    -Roy
    Firstly, I've mention before my apology to waiaung with regard to not knowing where the source came from and i DID NOT pass it off as mine. The watermark stamp is a norm i sue for all my photos resized. I do apologize for my carelessness for not seeking the source of the picture and hence the failure to give credits to waiaung BUT I do NOT think i owe an apology to the CS community because an request like this is like trading bread for steak.

    Secondly, when i pmed waiaung, i told him i wanted to settle this in an amiable way but he chose red instead and posting all sorts of hee hor on this thread. Already I have been very calm in such a heating argument and i had wished to settle this properly not in such fashion . Whatever it maybe or will be, may all your criticism be the savory sauce to top this almost completed meal.
    Last edited by ahquan; 16th August 2008 at 02:44 AM.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    5,011

    Default Re: Split from ahquan's APAD thread - copyright dispute

    The fact is, you have copied, altered, and publicly displayed someone else's work which you do not own the rights to and without getting pior permission from the copyright owner.

    Whether or not you have given credit or passed it off as your own work is secondary, though not minor.
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

  14. #14
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Split from ahquan's APAD thread - copyright dispute

    Roygoh is absolutely correct, Ahquan - your denial that you "never passed it off as mine" will never hold up in court.

    The fact remains when you posted it in your thread and said you "photoshopped" merely gives the impression that you edited the picture.

    Even if you never said "this is mine", but you never said "this is not mine" either. In such a case, the court would look at what impression was given in the absence of any statement, and I do not think that it is unreasonable to find that in the absence of any statement in such a thread, the presumption is that it is yours.

    Rather than try to backpedal and split hairs, I suggest you reevaluate your position again.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Split from ahquan's APAD thread - copyright dispute

    aiyoh guys guys... cool down. There's so much to life.

    Ah quan, there are rules around for using images, ignorance of them is not a reason to assume oneself is free from responsibility. If you're not certain, then don't post. I doubt you have any ulterior motive, neither are you silly enough to claim credit for something not your own so openly to let people attack you easily.

    Unfortunately, photographers are especially anal and will go crazy when their works are used in any way, whether there is ill intention or not. We are all proud of our own works and the worst is when you see a stranger use it blatantly without any credits given.

    Just move on. If I were you, settle the matter fast and don't visit CS any more. It will only give you problems. What's your point for posting someone else's work anyway?

    You could have been happily drinking coffee now in some nice place. Life is short. Not worth to spend time arguing or justifying your reasons. Now these guys will want to get you hard.
    Last edited by kiwi2; 19th August 2008 at 12:16 PM.

  16. #16
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: [ahquan] A Photo Whenever I can 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by roygoh View Post
    To ahquan,

    You should read up more on copyright and intellectual property. You have made many wrong assumptions about what you can and cannot do.

    You have taken a piece of work created by someone else, modified and posted it with your name on it without getting permission beforehand and not given credit to the original creator. That is definitely copyright infringement. If you do not believe you have done anything wrong then you have a very poor understanding/knowledge of the subject matter.

    This is your APAD thread and the picture you posted had your name imprinted on it. You even stated that it was YOUR iPod. Whether or not you explicitly claimed credit for this work does not matter. To me, you have passed this off as your own.

    The admin and mods have reached an easy consensus that you are in the wrong and that you owe waiaung and the CS community a public apology at the minimum.

    If you have read any of the other threads on photo leeching on CS, you know your argument will not stand.

    I will keep this thread open for your response on this matter. I urge you to consider carefully on your next post.

    -Roy

    simple solution provided above

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: Split from ahquan's APAD thread - copyright dispute

    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi2 View Post
    aiyoh guys guys... cool down. There's so much to life.

    Ah quan, there are rules around for using images, ignorance of them is not a reason to assume oneself is free from responsibility. If you're not certain, then don't post. I doubt you have any ulterior motive, neither are you silly enough to claim credit for something not your own so openly to let people attack you easily.

    Unfortunately, photographers are especially anal and will go crazy when their works are used in any way, whether there is ill intention or not. We are all proud of our own works and the worst is when you see a stranger use it blatantly without any credits given.

    Just move on. If I were you, settle the matter fast and don't visit CS any more. It will only give you problems. What's your point for posting someone else's work anyway?

    You could have been happily drinking coffee now in some nice place. Life is short. Not worth to spend time arguing or justifying your reasons. Now these guys will want to get you hard.

    Kiwi2 though your post may have good intensions, the manner and choice of words are less than desirable. Suggest you edit your post.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    5,011

    Default Re: Split from ahquan's APAD thread - copyright dispute

    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi2 View Post
    aiyoh guys guys... cool down. There's so much to life.

    Ah quan, there are rules around for using images, ignorance of them is not a reason to assume oneself is free from responsibility. If you're not certain, then don't post. I doubt you have any ulterior motive, neither are you silly enough to claim credit for something not your own so openly to let people attack you easily.

    Unfortunately, photographers are especially anal and will go crazy when their works are used in any way, whether there is ill intention or not. We are all proud of our own works and the worst is when you see a stranger use it blatantly without any credits given.

    Just move on. If I were you, settle the matter fast and don't visit CS any more. It will only give you problems. What's your point for posting someone else's work anyway?

    You could have been happily drinking coffee now in some nice place. Life is short. Not worth to spend time arguing or justifying your reasons. Now these guys will want to get you hard.
    I don't see why photographers are especially anal about copyrights, and I don't see why ahquan should not visit CS anymore.
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,835

    Default Re: Split from ahquan's APAD thread - copyright dispute

    just curious, ahquan only offended waiuang by taking his photo, however why does he have to apologise to the whole community? just curious.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    5,011

    Default Re: Split from ahquan's APAD thread - copyright dispute

    As a forum member I feel offended that someone displayed a piece of work that is not his and passing it off as his own. I feel offended that the offender did not bother to read up on copyright before launching a whole bunch of pseudo logic and word twisting to try and justify what he did. I am annoyed that he even pushed the blame back to the originator of the work for blowing things up, while his denial of responsibilities fueled that in the first place.

    I assume there is enough people other than myself who feel the same way.
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •