Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: First try in Benjamin Sheares Bridge

  1. #1

    Default First try in Benjamin Sheares Bridge

    comments are welcome. thanks

    San Francisco Bay Area California Wedding Photographer
    www.thisisitphotograpy.com

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    East
    Posts
    379

    Default

    Very cool nightshot, Eagle!

    I like the white cloud formation, reminds me of some ET's coming to Earth.

  3. #3
    Member kilkenny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    609

    Default

    Nice but the clouds give it an unreal quality .....double edged sword in my opinion......somehow it doesn't give me credibility as a traditional landscape picture......but overall i like the feeling it conveys.......

    hope i didn sound like i was gibbering

    Cheers
    Kilkenny
    Nikon D90 | Nikkor 50mm f1.8 | Tokina 11-16mm f2.8 | Nissin Di622 |

  4. #4

    Default

    I think the color saturation makes it looks unreal, but the formation, to me, is genuine.

    Nice shot Agila!

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore, North Area
    Posts
    507

    Default

    Wah... What type of lens you use? Super wide angle man... Fish eye lense?

    Nice... I like the impact..........

    Good work man.....

  6. #6

  7. #7

    Default

    nice!

    which camera were u using? panaromic one?

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Behind the viewfinder...
    Posts
    5,851

    Default Re: First try in Benjamin Sheares Bridge

    Originally posted by Agila
    comments are welcome. thanks

    Very nice.... the aura of the sky makes it a very interesting thing to add to the overall composition.

    My only nit is that the pic can be a little bit more sharper but that's a small thing, the important thing is that you caught the moment!

    Good effort!

  9. #9

    Default

    Originally posted by Kira
    Wah... What type of lens you use? Super wide angle man... Fish eye lense?

    Nice... I like the impact..........

    Good work man.....
    its a combination of two shots, i just stitch it together using fuji's panorama utility
    San Francisco Bay Area California Wedding Photographer
    www.thisisitphotograpy.com

  10. #10

    Default

    Originally posted by kilkenny
    Nice but the clouds give it an unreal quality .....double edged sword in my opinion......somehow it doesn't give me credibility as a traditional landscape picture......but overall i like the feeling it conveys.......

    hope i didn sound like i was gibbering

    Cheers
    Kilkenny
    No problem kilkenny. maybe i ovedone the saturation and level adjustment. I also think my monitor at home is not properly calibrated or i calibrate it wrongly. Its really different as what i see it in my monitor at home and here in my office.
    San Francisco Bay Area California Wedding Photographer
    www.thisisitphotograpy.com

  11. #11

    Default Re: Re: First try in Benjamin Sheares Bridge

    Originally posted by SniperD
    My only nit is that the pic can be a little bit more sharper but that's a small thing, the important thing is that you caught the moment!
    Thanks a lot sniperD. Actually the original pics are sharper and better as what i see now.
    I just notice that everytime i upload my pics it looks like it really loss some image quality
    San Francisco Bay Area California Wedding Photographer
    www.thisisitphotograpy.com

  12. #12

    Default

    Originally posted by gnail
    nice!

    which camera were u using? panaromic one?
    10D.
    San Francisco Bay Area California Wedding Photographer
    www.thisisitphotograpy.com

  13. #13

    Default

    Nice... Nice...

  14. #14
    Member kilkenny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    609

    Default

    Hi Agila,

    I also went up Sheares Bridge to take a couple of shoots b4 and like u i stitched them up using panaroma tools. However my completed pics is made up of 5 seperate pics......the end result was quite clear......might tt have been a reason for the supposed lack of sharpness in your pics?

    My Sheares Bridge Pictures

    Just taking a stab in the dark. Dun flame me if i am wrong but criticize gently.

    Cheers
    Kilkenny
    Nikon D90 | Nikkor 50mm f1.8 | Tokina 11-16mm f2.8 | Nissin Di622 |

  15. #15

    Default

    kilkenny,
    I think there is problem with the stitching, buildings on the left side are slanted.

  16. #16
    Member kilkenny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    609

    Default

    Yupz.........a bit hahah but i tried to adjust liaoz ..........tt wat happen when u try to join too many pics together ahahha
    Hope its still acceptable

    Cheers
    kilkenny
    Nikon D90 | Nikkor 50mm f1.8 | Tokina 11-16mm f2.8 | Nissin Di622 |

  17. #17

    Default

    Originally posted by kilkenny
    Hi Agila,

    I also went up Sheares Bridge to take a couple of shoots b4 and like u i stitched them up using panaroma tools. However my completed pics is made up of 5 seperate pics......the end result was quite clear......might tt have been a reason for the supposed lack of sharpness in your pics?

    My Sheares Bridge Pictures

    Just taking a stab in the dark. Dun flame me if i am wrong but criticize gently.

    Cheers
    Kilkenny
    your pix are better than mine
    good work kilkenny... i also like the sky
    San Francisco Bay Area California Wedding Photographer
    www.thisisitphotograpy.com

  18. #18
    Member kilkenny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    609

    Default

    Thanks for the compliment hahaha but your picture and mine are different......mine more traditional landscape urs more "artistic"......dunno if tt the right word haaha but its nice as well lar.

    The sheares bridge photos of mine was actually a little experiment to see if optical zoom can compensate for lack of megapixels for digicams. AHAHHA not so sure bout tt actually, so mabbe can hijack ur thread for further discussion

    Cheers
    Kilkenny
    Nikon D90 | Nikkor 50mm f1.8 | Tokina 11-16mm f2.8 | Nissin Di622 |

  19. #19

    Cool

    nice moment of the day...the sky stands out.

    further look at the sky...to me it seem like a ghost image flying towards fullerton hotel

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •