View Poll Results: [Guess] will there be long queue to buy iPhone?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, will have long queue

26 52.00%
  • Short queue

11 22.00%
  • No

13 26.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Guess] will there be long queue to buy iPhone?

Default Re: [Guess] will there be long queue to buy iPhone?

Quote Originally Posted by bousozoku View Post
    That's about what you would expect from a 13 year old who hates everything. His other topics were just as insightful, don't you think?
    Dude is he a 13 year old?
    Well i did some checking out.

He started a website with more than 200 million visits.
    Some of his articles on that website were good enough that people translated them other languages.
    He is regarded as a founder for a new genre.
    He is the author of a best selling book.
    He raised over USD$3k for Hurricane Katrina victims.

Wow, quite amazing for a 13 year old.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maddox_(writer)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Alphabet_of_Manliness
    http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=katrina

Quote Originally Posted by ArchRival View Post
    Dude is he a 13 year old?
    Well i did some checking out.

He started a website with more than 200 million visits.
    Some of his articles on that website were good enough that people translated them other languages.
    He is regarded as a founder for a new genre.
    He is the author of a best selling book.
    He raised over USD$3k for Hurricane Katrina victims.

Wow, quite amazing for a 13 year old.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maddox_(writer)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Alphabet_of_Manliness
    http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=katrina
    I have no idea whether he is or not, nor did I say that he was 13 years old. I was mentioning that the attitude was that of a 13 year old.

Besides, I hope that you don't believe everything in Wikipedia. Anyone can edit it.

so how's the queue?

I have no idea whether he is or not, nor did I say that he was 13 years old. I was mentioning that the attitude was that of a 13 year old.

Besides, I hope that you don't believe everything in Wikipedia. Anyone can edit it.

But isnt he one hell of an entertainer? And the 13 comparison points between the two phones are quite valid, no?

OT a little.
    Everyone knows information on Wikipedia may not be 100% correct. But i also know there are people who diss information sources that are reasonably accurate simply because they don't like what they see.

The answer is yes. Just walked by the Singtel building, there is a pretty long Q outside...

Haha, already waited for so very extremely ultimately looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong for the phone to be here. Who would care how long is the que.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchRival View Post

But isnt he one hell of an entertainer? And the 13 comparison points between the two phones are quite valid, no?

OT a little.
    Everyone knows information on Wikipedia may not be 100% correct. But i also know there are people who diss information sources that are reasonably accurate simply because they don't like what they see.
    There are various problems with iPhone, but the worst one is the U.S. carrier. I'd have had one, if I was currently living in another country. However, in my opinion, it's a better web device and music player than it is a phone.

My friend who works in a store that sells Apple equipment on Orchard Road says that there seems to be a steady stream of people buying equipment, so I wouldn't be surprised if lots of people in Singapore buy an iPhone. I'm a bit surprised about the importance of MMS. I have yet to send one and the only one I've received is from the phone carrier.

I'm a bit surprised about the importance of MMS. I have yet to send one and the only one I've received is from the phone carrier.
    I can't speak for the married folks ( especially men) hehe But among the business set I associate with, we use MMS quite a bit. I usually get them from friends who travel or office staff who take pictures and then relay them to us from within Singapore and overseas. Sometime it is really true as a picture is worth a thousand words ( of sms ). I know in the states it has yet to really catch on but it was the same with sms...there was a time not too long ago when sms was the craze in asia and europe..I read many article from the US making fun of it and claim it would not catch on but look at it now.

For married folks or guys with girls... the sms and MMS is really a killer ...to them. You claim you are at one place with who and who..and if your smart significant other ask you to take a photo and send it and you can't...you are in for some explaning. hehe I know of guys who refuse to upgrade their phones for year or have phones with no camera even...left alone MMS heh

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    For married folks or guys with girls... the sms and MMS is really a killer ...to them. You claim you are at one place with who and who..and if your smart significant other ask you to take a photo and send it and you can't...you are in for some explaning. hehe I know of guys who refuse to upgrade their phones for year or have phones with no camera even...left alone MMS heh
    Walao!

We pay so much for little things like SMS and MMS, so it's not as likely but my carrier has "everything" plans now, which include unlimited SMS and MMS. I can't imagine being asked to prove where I am. Of course, my carrier has a "family locator" application so you can see where everyone else is. You just can't see who is with them.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    I can't speak for the married folks ( especially men) hehe But among the business set I associate with, we use MMS quite a bit. I usually get them from friends who travel or office staff who take pictures and then relay them to us from within Singapore and overseas. Sometime it is really true as a picture is worth a thousand words ( of sms ). I know in the states it has yet to really catch on but it was the same with sms...there was a time not too long ago when sms was the craze in asia and europe..I read many article from the US making fun of it and claim it would not catch on but look at it now.
    In US, I think apple is trying to encourage people to email more. thats why iPhone you can take a pic and email to your friends from your phone. If they can recieve email on their phone, then its better than MMS. If the individual have no email capability on their phone, they wiill see their friend's iphone have that capability and drool over it... hopefully... and guess what... apple have 1 more new customer...

Quote Originally Posted by idor View Post
    In US, I think apple is trying to encourage people to email more. thats why iPhone you can take a pic and email to your friends from your phone. If they can recieve email on their phone, then its better than MMS. If the individual have no email capability on their phone, they wiill see their friend's iphone have that capability and drool over it... hopefully... and guess what... apple have 1 more new customer...
    actually, email is the way to go. With the availability of 3g, gmail and affordable data connections. I don't see the need for mms anymore. Email is more versatile and have better storage. iPhone got no video anyway.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    actually, email is the way to go. With the availability of 3g, gmail and affordable data connections. I don't see the need for mms anymore. Email is more versatile and have better storage. iPhone got no video anyway.
    In Japan people use Internet on mobile phone a lot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12