Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 47891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Canon Photomarathon Asia 2008

Default Re: Canon Photomarathon Asia 2008

Quote Originally Posted by benedetto13 View Post
    is there like a must to wear shoes or jeans? i wonder
    wear as little as possible.

it's so hot these days. lol

Then again bring an umbrella, there is chance of rain tmw. Recent days its been raining in the mornings and late afternoon.
    I photograph the dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratix View Post
    wear as little as possible.

it's so hot these days. lol
    that's exactly what i feel! haha just wondering in case im not allowed to.haha, thanks!

The much discussed shirt is free ah? I thought the competition was limited to ehrm, suntec! Glad to hear its open to anywhere though.

What sort of equipment do you guys usually bring? And what's the usual attire?

First time joining the competition (it's in 4.5 hours' time!)!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thismarlasinger View Post
    The much discussed shirt is free ah? I thought the competition was limited to ehrm, suntec! Glad to hear its open to anywhere though.

What sort of equipment do you guys usually bring? And what's the usual attire?

First time joining the competition (it's in 4.5 hours' time!)!!!
    likely anything you want to bring as long can carry.

casual attire should be okay i suppose but comfortable shoes are a must.
    I photograph the dead.

MUST be there at 7 ah? Can be there at 8 not? Since I registered already. I don't really want to wait 2 hrs before the first assignment, lol.

Why u awake already?

Relax.

Wish you guys all the best. Going to make my way there soon.
    Beginners worries about cost, amaeturs worries about gear, pros worries about light hahaha

1st topic CHANGE change t-shirt.... change money... woot

second theme : DREAMS..

they screw up big time.. extend the cut off timing.. so many ppl complaining..

should have taken the pple complaining...

'Dreams'

nvr would one dream of the timing getting extended.

Quote Originally Posted by habibansari View Post
    should have taken the pple complaining...

'Dreams'

nvr would one dream of the timing getting extended.
    Wrong. They didn't extend the cut-off timing... there was a clock with the official timing and they didn't extend even a single minute. My friend was late by two minutes reach the download queue and he wasn't allowed to join in. The timing was extended to accomodate the slower downloading time, and it was good that Canon allowed for the extra 15 minutes so that nobody was penalized unfairly for their slower download. If you didn't come back in time as stipulated, you're out of the particular assignment.

this year canon abit sad , seem they cut down on many things . students from school to be more this time maybe for their cca point so no choice must come . after first round seem many people went back . t- shirt still ok , long q . last time was good and fast this year pretty slow

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Wrong. They didn't extend the cut-off timing... there was a clock with the official timing and they didn't extend even a single minute. My friend was late by two minutes reach the download queue and he wasn't allowed to join in. The timing was extended to accomodate the slower downloading time, and it was good that Canon allowed for the extra 15 minutes so that nobody was penalized unfairly for their slower download. If you didn't come back in time as stipulated, you're out of the particular assignment.

tt is truly unfortunate.
    but a lesson learnt nonetheless.

hope ur fren is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by miketan888 View Post
    this year canon abit sad , seem they cut down on many things . students from school to be more this time maybe for their cca point so no choice must come . after first round seem many people went back . t- shirt still ok , long q . last time was good and fast this year pretty slow
    Agreed. This year not so good as last year. Cut down a lot. No chicken essence, no milk and no ice-cream. At least the shirt is better than last year. But the theme are very challenging than last year.
    UK HMS Photojournalist

Blog Entries

saw a lot of marathoners running ard city area today when i was at funan. hope they are not caught in the rain...
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Quote Originally Posted by wranger View Post
    Agreed. This year not so good as last year. Cut down a lot. No chicken essence, no milk and no ice-cream. At least the shirt is better than last year. But the theme are very challenging than last year.
    Recession.

and I remembered Glenn Ong saying 'we also don't need Esplanade'.

Back from the marathon, didn't stay for the results, quite late i guess. Heard they annoucing around 9-10ish?

Just some of my honest personal opinions/feedbacks/observations

Plus points from me
    - shirt given was much much nicely designed, i would definitely wear it again. (and again)
    Black with red swishes, nice. As one of my bigger sized friend puts it, it makes him looked slimmer.
    sorry forgot to take photo of the shirt! haa

- queue line was very organized, actually i felt it was excellent if not better than last year. There was enough staff to ursher and guide participants, the speed of downloading was pretty decent, but then again it depends on the participant's speed in finding that photo to submit.

-There was enough chairs for everyone, the osim chairs were a nice gesture, could they were occupied most of the time. Haha

-There were a number of screens simultaneously showing, ensuring nobody gets left out during annoucements. But i felt maybe they should dedicate one screen to roll selected participant's shots throughout the event, the overdose of ads were abit turn-off (or have more variety of ads?).

-refreshments (bottles of water) available all the while, plus point! But many participants did litter the place, hiding the empty bottles between chairs and under them.

Areas to improve on
    - announcements were made twice about redbull drinks being available and freeflow during 1st and 2nd assignments, not to take things for granted, but was disappointed the stall was non-existent. My friend enquired about redbull, staff told him "no idea where to get", and seeing empty redbull cans in bins and staff drinking redbull (could be bought themselves) didn't help much. Heard something went wrong, the redbull people didn't turned up?

- end timings were alittle late, nevertheless i believed it was because the need to accomodate some of the time spent for submission and some other delays. Previous was around 5 or 6ish, 7?

Overall a very well done job by the organizers! That would encourage me and my friends to sign up again next year. Thanks Canon! (this coming from a Nikon user...how come they don't have competitions like this?)
    Last edited by sbs99; 18th October 2008 at 11:26 PM.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Damn, last minute had to work today. Should have turned up and get the T-shirt for $10. Seems like a much nicer design compared to last year.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 47891011 ... LastLast