Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast

Thread: Canon Photomarathon Asia 2008

Default Re: Canon Photomarathon Asia 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Bro,

Last year already more than 1k turn up liao! Kekekek! It's amazing how many people are into photography nowadays!
    Wah so many ppl! I think this year will be more...Traffic jam liao!!
    Climbharder Divedeeper|ScubaClimber
    WEST Shooterz

10 more days to go!

Anyone got any idea of whats the design n colour of the T-shirt? Hope it wouldn't be like last year! Wore once and keep in the wardrobe!

Hi I am interested. If I register, and then last minute something pops up how? Must pay fine not.

Also er. Part-time student at rmit-sim not considered student ah? Not available for choosing leh.
    Last edited by thismarlasinger; 8th October 2008 at 03:14 PM.

Talking Re: Canon Photomarathon Asia 2008

Let me predict the 3 themes:
    1) Speed ( AKA F1)
    2) Milk ( Tainted Milk product from China)
    3) Money ( Banks going bankrupt )

Quote Originally Posted by thismarlasinger View Post
    Hi I am interested. If I register, and then last minute something pops up how? Must pay fine not.

Also er. Part-time student at rmit-sim not considered student ah? Not available for choosing leh.
    It ok if u register n fail to turn up no fine will be imposed! In the past there are participants they come shoot 1 or 2 theme then go off also can. But hor...Registeration already close... if u are still keen maybe u wanna try to see if can register on the actual day itself (Should be able to) as for student or not u can go ask on actual day if u intend to register (sorry i no canon staff).

5 more days to go!

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    It ok if u register n fail to turn up no fine will be imposed! In the past there are participants they come shoot 1 or 2 theme then go off also can. But hor...Registeration already close... if u are still keen maybe u wanna try to see if can register on the actual day itself (Should be able to) as for student or not u can go ask on actual day if u intend to register (sorry i no canon staff).

5 more days to go!
    HAHA, I kiasu, so I registered long ago already. HEH. Anyway, how's the event like? I haven't been to one before, so just wanna have a feel of the event, etc. Do they sell like stuff there, say merchandise for the event?

Quote Originally Posted by thismarlasinger View Post
    HAHA, I kiasu, so I registered long ago already. HEH. Anyway, how's the event like? I haven't been to one before, so just wanna have a feel of the event, etc. Do they sell like stuff there, say merchandise for the event?
    OIC ...tot u haven register.

Event is like the atmosphere is wonderful when u see the place is filled with photog. This is the only time u will get to see so many photog go out to shoot all ages shapes n sizes all goin for a common goal can enter Books of records liao!

For the contest: u will be given a theme and u can go anywhere in spore to shoot n comeback to upload within 3 hrs..wait for 2nd theme n 3rd theme....in between the will show u slide show of the works of other contestant! The top 10 of each theme will be printed out and will be on display!

Freebies will be given out like T-shirts, drinks/ice cream by Mag......and by B..... etc........

They have some merchandise on display cant remember are they for sale? Can have a free print out of ur photos IIRC 5R.

hi. i got a very important question to ask. do i have to die die register at the website? can i register on the day itself? THE REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED!

Too late. If online one is closed.... that means it has reached the maximum cumber of contestatnts.

Quote Originally Posted by xholyguyx View Post
    hi. i got a very important question to ask. do i have to die die register at the website? can i register on the day itself? THE REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED!
    Quote Originally Posted by art2d3d View Post
    Too late. If online one is closed.... that means it has reached the maximum cumber of contestatnts.
    Yes...... The registration is closed! You may want to try your luck to register on the day itself.... but quite difficult lei as my friend tried last year..... but not successful

One Q. One of the rules is that no photo editing is allowed. If i change my photograph to B&W in my camera, is that touting the rules ??

Thxs.
    The rule is there are no rules.

Quote Originally Posted by bighead View Post
    One Q. One of the rules is that no photo editing is allowed. If i change my photograph to B&W in my camera, is that touting the rules ??

Thxs.
    No it is not touting the rules! Cos i submitted once before and was not thrown out on the spot! So i guess it is ok to submit in mono which are straight from camera!

No need heavy, powerful gears

Just a compact P&S camera.

Really?

Tripod?

3 Lenses?

Flash?

Filters?

Car?
    Can I go with a P&S?

Anyone got any idea of whats the design n colour of the T-shirt? Hope it wouldn't be like last year! Wore once and keep in the wardrobe!
    Hope its a nicer design...the one last year imo was horrible. For me, i wore on that day itself only, i have not seen anyone else in sg wearing that after the event.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

OIC ...tot u haven register.

Event is like the atmosphere is wonderful when u see the place is filled with photog. This is the only time u will get to see so many photog go out to shoot all ages shapes n sizes all goin for a common goal can enter Books of records liao!

For the contest: u will be given a theme and u can go anywhere in spore to shoot n comeback to upload within 3 hrs..wait for 2nd theme n 3rd theme....in between the will show u slide show of the works of other contestant! The top 10 of each theme will be printed out and will be on display!

Freebies will be given out like T-shirts, drinks/ice cream by Mag......and by B..... etc........

They have some merchandise on display cant remember are they for sale? Can have a free print out of ur photos IIRC 5R.

sounds really exciting i can't wait. and i'll bet it'll be fun to see the rich/professionals with their bazooka-like lenses.

Last year competition, were some of the winners NOT USING Canon cameras?

Quote Originally Posted by monktian View Post
    Can I go with a P&S?
    Can No problem! cos it is not equipment competition! It is all about creative!

Quote Originally Posted by sbs99 View Post
    Hope its a nicer design...the one last year imo was horrible. For me, i wore on that day itself only, i have not seen anyone else in sg wearing that after the event.
    Ya lor ...so Obiang...
    I once saw a guy he wore it in one of the event!

Quote Originally Posted by screamingsnapshots View Post
    sounds really exciting i can't wait. and i'll bet it'll be fun to see the rich/professionals with their bazooka-like lenses.
    Last yr i saw a student using a EOS 1D with L lens!!!

Last year competition, were some of the winners NOT USING Canon cameras?
    Should have ba...

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast