Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Walking since 1976

  1. #1
    Member vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    922

    Default Walking since 1976

    It was given to me by my late father. Can't bear to drink it so I shot it instead.

    It was imported by Caldbeck Macgregor (S) Pte Ltd which had an address (of that time) of
    396 Alexandra Road, Singapore 5.

    Wissen Sie, wer ich bin?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/yp-wang/

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    261

    Default Re: Walking since 1976

    now thats vintage and cool stuffs.
    nice shot
    Nikon D300s|D80|11-16 f2.8|17-50 f2.8|70-200 f2.8|35 f1.8|SB800|

  3. #3
    Member vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    922

    Default Re: Walking since 1976

    Thanks ziincx. Still experimenting on shooting glass and bottles though I'm a noob in this aspect.
    Wissen Sie, wer ich bin?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/yp-wang/

  4. #4
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: Walking since 1976

    You seem to have lost a lil detail on the bottle on both sides... looks as if the label is floating.....
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  5. #5
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    22,019

    Default Re: Walking since 1976

    you need to cut a silver or white card to place behind the bottle, so it will show the color of the wishkey.

    you need bring the right reflector a bit far back, to slim down the highlight on the right, also closer to extend the highlight all the way down to the bottom.

    you need to use a large softbox and bring it closer, so the transition of the highlight is softer, and also able to light up on the label.

    this way, you will have depth in your photo.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  6. #6
    Member vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    922

    Default Re: Walking since 1976

    Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    You seem to have lost a lil detail on the bottle on both sides... looks as if the label is floating.....
    Hmm...you're right! :P Anyway, I've got the light tent so can play with it for a while and figure out the best lighting positions. hehehe
    Wissen Sie, wer ich bin?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/yp-wang/

  7. #7
    Member vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    922

    Default Re: Walking since 1976

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    you need to cut a silver or white card to place behind the bottle, so it will show the color of the wishkey.
    Hmm...that's true but I'm afraid that it may end up looking a little weird, will try that nonetheless.

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    you need bring the right reflector a bit far back, to slim down the highlight on the right, also closer to extend the highlight all the way down to the bottom.
    Unfortunately, the light tent doesn't really allow refector to move back n forth, might actually shoot it without the tent.

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    you need to use a large softbox and bring it closer, so the transition of the highlight is softer, and also able to light up on the label.

    this way, you will have depth in your photo.
    No softbox as yet...have to wait till next month's paycheck to get one

    Thanks for your advice! Will definitely try it out later.
    Wissen Sie, wer ich bin?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/yp-wang/

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •