Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst ... 112631343536373841 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 720 of 869

Thread: Toa Payoh / Bishan / Ang Mo Kio Shooters

  1. #701
    Member/Tangshooter falconite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    AMK | Tang Shooters
    Posts
    2,203

    Default Re: Toa Payoh / Bishan / Ang Mo Kio Shooters

    Quote Originally Posted by SeAnCoLd View Post
    Ah... nevermind my question. I'll go first hand instead. After-sales service would be very useful for a newbie like myself. Also, I just checked ou the DSLR prices in this forum. MS Color sells a 40D kit I at 1535 only inclusive of GST. Its still too expensive for me. I'll go for a 450D with a grip. I guess its better I save this money for a lens.

    One more question. Should I get the kit lens? Or should I get the body only and get a lens seperately?

    Which lens is most suitable for a beginner? I read that EF 50mm f/1.8 II is a great prime lens for a beginner. Is that true?
    I dun like the idea of anyone new going straight into prime lens... reason is... if you have a tele (say 17-85mm) you can play abit before determining which end u commonly shot with. If u have an inclination towards 17mm, or a downright landscape person... u know what lens u need lah (surely not the 50mm F1.8)

    Kit I is not too bad... 18-55mm right? But I prefer the 17-85mm IS USM. Have not tried the 18-200mm but sure sounds tempting.
    | www.falconite.com | flickr |
    Canon Equipments

  2. #702
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    昭南島
    Posts
    2,074

    Default Re: Toa Payoh / Bishan / Ang Mo Kio Shooters

    I have used the 18-55mm kit lens before. (Strictly) personal opinion is, not quite sharp. Haven't tried the 2 other kit lenses though. Then again, maybe it's just me, cos I am mostly a macro shooter.
    | Canong 480D mk II | EF 18-55mm LV mk XOXO marco + Bougainvillea-shaped hood |

  3. #703
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    昭南島
    Posts
    2,074

    Default Re: Toa Payoh / Bishan / Ang Mo Kio Shooters

    Quote Originally Posted by SeAnCoLd View Post
    Which lens is most suitable for a beginner? I read that EF 50mm f/1.8 II is a great prime lens for a beginner. Is that true?
    EF 50mm f/1.8 II on a 450D is not of a "standard" focal length, it's a medium tele at 80mm. I think regardless of which kit lens you choose it is always good to have this little gem. Cheap, fast and very sharp. A good portrait lens.
    | Canong 480D mk II | EF 18-55mm LV mk XOXO marco + Bougainvillea-shaped hood |

  4. #704

    Default Re: Toa Payoh / Bishan / Ang Mo Kio Shooters

    Quote Originally Posted by parampita View Post
    I have used the 18-55mm kit lens before. (Strictly) personal opinion is, not quite sharp. Haven't tried the 2 other kit lenses though. Then again, maybe it's just me, cos I am mostly a macro shooter.
    Thanks for your input! In that case, which zoom lens would you recommend, that's sharp and yet as versatile? No point spending $200 on something I'm not going to like.

  5. #705

    Default Re: Toa Payoh / Bishan / Ang Mo Kio Shooters

    Quote Originally Posted by falconite View Post
    I dun like the idea of anyone new going straight into prime lens... reason is... if you have a tele (say 17-85mm) you can play abit before determining which end u commonly shot with. If u have an inclination towards 17mm, or a downright landscape person... u know what lens u need lah (surely not the 50mm F1.8)

    Kit I is not too bad... 18-55mm right? But I prefer the 17-85mm IS USM. Have not tried the 18-200mm but sure sounds tempting.
    I see. Thanks for the advice! You seem to not like the 50mm F1.8 quite a lot. Any particular reason?

  6. #706
    Member/Tangshooter falconite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    AMK | Tang Shooters
    Posts
    2,203

    Default Re: Toa Payoh / Bishan / Ang Mo Kio Shooters

    Quote Originally Posted by SeAnCoLd View Post
    I see. Thanks for the advice! You seem to not like the 50mm F1.8 quite a lot. Any particular reason?
    Dun get me wrong.. I have a 50mm F1.4 (thou not a F1.8)

    Prime has its power.. but like what u said yourself, why should u waste $200 on something u do not like. But prior to that, how do u gauge if u would like that kinda focusing length. So a kit lens is somethings that you won't waste too much while in your primary trials. kit do not make u feel tat they worth 500 bucks or more but.. they allow u an exploration to understand yourself...

    I wont brush some lens off as no good - for each lens has a character to explore. You do not want to have sharp images all the time (else there would not be soft focusing lens or filters). I am simply saying that after u play with the kit.. u decide then which prime is in best suit to your needs.

    Cheerios.
    | www.falconite.com | flickr |
    Canon Equipments

  7. #707

    Default Re: Toa Payoh / Bishan / Ang Mo Kio Shooters

    hi all,

    i also from ang mo kio too, hope to join in for some outing soon.

    regards,
    Chee Yong

  8. #708

    Default Re: Toa Payoh / Bishan / Ang Mo Kio Shooters

    Quote Originally Posted by falconite View Post
    Dun get me wrong.. I have a 50mm F1.4 (thou not a F1.8)

    Prime has its power.. but like what u said yourself, why should u waste $200 on something u do not like. But prior to that, how do u gauge if u would like that kinda focusing length. So a kit lens is somethings that you won't waste too much while in your primary trials. kit do not make u feel tat they worth 500 bucks or more but.. they allow u an exploration to understand yourself...

    I wont brush some lens off as no good - for each lens has a character to explore. You do not want to have sharp images all the time (else there would not be soft focusing lens or filters). I am simply saying that after u play with the kit.. u decide then which prime is in best suit to your needs.

    Cheerios.
    Alrighty. I get your point loud and clear. Shall stick to the kit lens for a start. Maybe get a 50mm or 100mm macro after some time. I love macos

    Anyway, thanks for your time bro. Hope to learn more from you in time to come.

  9. #709

    Default Re: Toa Payoh / Bishan / Ang Mo Kio Shooters

    Quote Originally Posted by tcy81 View Post
    hi all,

    i also from ang mo kio too, hope to join in for some outing soon.

    regards,
    Chee Yong
    Hi chee yong, you're in clubsnap too! And you stay in AMK! Cool. I saw your flower shots in aquaticquotient. Maybe some day we can arrange for some fish photography.

  10. #710
    Member/Tangshooter falconite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    AMK | Tang Shooters
    Posts
    2,203

    Default Re: Toa Payoh / Bishan / Ang Mo Kio Shooters

    Quote Originally Posted by SeAnCoLd View Post
    Alrighty. I get your point loud and clear. Shall stick to the kit lens for a start. Maybe get a 50mm or 100mm macro after some time. I love macos

    Anyway, thanks for your time bro. Hope to learn more from you in time to come.
    Ha.. dun mean any confusion... hope it helps.

    Quote Originally Posted by tcy81 View Post
    hi all,

    i also from ang mo kio too, hope to join in for some outing soon.

    regards,
    Chee Yong
    See u in a shoot soon.
    | www.falconite.com | flickr |
    Canon Equipments

  11. #711

    Default Re: Toa Payoh / Bishan / Ang Mo Kio Shooters

    Quote Originally Posted by SeAnCoLd View Post
    Hi chee yong, you're in clubsnap too! And you stay in AMK! Cool. I saw your flower shots in aquaticquotient. Maybe some day we can arrange for some fish photography.
    Hi, oh you in aquatic quotient too ? i haven't been maintaining my fish tank for quite awhile.


    Quote Originally Posted by falconite View Post
    See u in a shoot soon.
    Yup.

  12. #712
    Member/Tangshooter falconite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    AMK | Tang Shooters
    Posts
    2,203

    Default Re: Toa Payoh / Bishan / Ang Mo Kio Shooters

    Any shoot on Saturday morning???



    We have plenty awaiting us near home or in the nature reserve.

    Just to suggest a couple:-

    1. Sungei Buloh Reserve
    2. Venus Drive
    3. Bishan Park
    4. Lower Pierce Reservior
    5. Ponggol Beach Sunrise...

    toss in your idea buddies... site rest sometime liao..
    | www.falconite.com | flickr |
    Canon Equipments

  13. #713

    Default Re: Toa Payoh / Bishan / Ang Mo Kio Shooters

    Quote Originally Posted by falconite View Post
    Any shoot on Saturday morning???

    We have plenty awaiting us near home or in the nature reserve.

    Just to suggest a couple:-

    1. Sungei Buloh Reserve
    2. Venus Drive
    3. Bishan Park
    4. Lower Pierce Reservior
    5. Ponggol Beach Sunrise...

    toss in your idea buddies... site rest sometime liao..
    Hi

    Me gg to Sungei Buloh with 2 Jiao frens at 7am on Sat...
    but me do macro.... no long lens lar...

  14. #714
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ang Mo Kio & Choa Chu Kang
    Posts
    385

    Default Re: Toa Payoh / Bishan / Ang Mo Kio Shooters

    Hey guys any shoots going on???
    Best of Best Masterpiece

  15. #715
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    昭南島
    Posts
    2,074

    Default Re: Toa Payoh / Bishan / Ang Mo Kio Shooters

    I haven't been to Sungei Buloh before. Will want to try that place. Then again for Venus, do u guys drive all the way in? The last few times I went there with Lotus, ONB and The Pro, we were at the Pavillion only.

    Quote Originally Posted by falconite View Post
    Any shoot on Saturday morning???



    We have plenty awaiting us near home or in the nature reserve.

    Just to suggest a couple:-

    1. Sungei Buloh Reserve
    2. Venus Drive
    3. Bishan Park
    4. Lower Pierce Reservior
    5. Ponggol Beach Sunrise...

    toss in your idea buddies... site rest sometime liao..
    Quote Originally Posted by eng60232 View Post
    Hi

    Me gg to Sungei Buloh with 2 Jiao frens at 7am on Sat...
    but me do macro.... no long lens lar...
    | Canong 480D mk II | EF 18-55mm LV mk XOXO marco + Bougainvillea-shaped hood |

  16. #716
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    somewhere surrounded by H2O
    Posts
    961

    Default Re: Toa Payoh / Bishan / Ang Mo Kio Shooters

    when we went that time was at the carpark that area walk in

    proposing ...
    Orchard christmas lighting?
    date : 30 nov 08
    time : meet for dinner then proceed to shoot christmas lighting

    1.bluspoon
    2.
    3.
    4.
    5.

  17. #717
    Moderator LOTUSfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Serangoon
    Posts
    3,337

    Default Re: Toa Payoh / Bishan / Ang Mo Kio Shooters

    i need to go walking in nature...not shooting...
    蓮花仙子

  18. #718
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    somewhere surrounded by H2O
    Posts
    961

    Default Re: Toa Payoh / Bishan / Ang Mo Kio Shooters

    Quote Originally Posted by LOTUSfairy View Post
    i need to go walking in nature...not shooting...
    for ??
    hehe

  19. #719
    Moderator LOTUSfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Serangoon
    Posts
    3,337

    Default Re: Toa Payoh / Bishan / Ang Mo Kio Shooters

    loose weight lah
    蓮花仙子

  20. #720
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    somewhere surrounded by H2O
    Posts
    961

    Default Re: Toa Payoh / Bishan / Ang Mo Kio Shooters

    walk and shoot

Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst ... 112631343536373841 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •