Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 102530333435363740 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 700 of 869

Thread: Toa Payoh / Bishan / Ang Mo Kio Shooters

  1. #681

    Default Re: Toa Payoh / Bishan / Ang Mo Kio Shooters

    Quote Originally Posted by LOTUSfairy View Post
    i am soooo tired..
    macro shoots homework done and posted....now for the sunset ones...
    yesterday u said boring now got things for u to do u say tired.
    aiyo, me tired also cannot sleep till got a lot of things have not do. don't have time already. arrghghh. me like going crazy already ha ha ha
    so what u all went venus this morning.

  2. #682
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    333

    Default Re: Toa Payoh / Bishan / Ang Mo Kio Shooters

    Quote Originally Posted by LOTUSfairy View Post
    i am soooo tired..
    macro shoots homework done and posted....now for the sunset ones...
    wah, still working hard. must reserve some energy for tomo
    Capture the moment

  3. #683
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    昭南島
    Posts
    2,074

    Default Re: Toa Payoh / Bishan / Ang Mo Kio Shooters

    B.A.T.S. Any kang tao this Saturday?
    | Canong 480D mk II | EF 18-55mm LV mk XOXO marco + Bougainvillea-shaped hood |

  4. #684

    Default Re: Toa Payoh / Bishan / Ang Mo Kio Shooters

    for me i'm out of town this week....

  5. #685
    Moderator LOTUSfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Serangoon
    Posts
    3,337

    Default Re: Toa Payoh / Bishan / Ang Mo Kio Shooters

    I have to report to airport this Sunday 5am...the best time to sleep..
    蓮花仙子

  6. #686

    Default Re: Toa Payoh / Bishan / Ang Mo Kio Shooters

    Quote Originally Posted by parampita View Post
    B.A.T.S. Any kang tao this Saturday?
    I'm down with flu since weekend. Now only slightly better.
    Last edited by pegasus1010; 7th November 2008 at 10:48 AM.

  7. #687
    Member/Tangshooter falconite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    AMK | Tang Shooters
    Posts
    2,203

    Default Re: Toa Payoh / Bishan / Ang Mo Kio Shooters

    Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve

    Date : 15th Nov 2008
    Time : 7.30am at Kranj MRT (try reach Reserve by 8.15am)

    Please bring wet weather gear and long lens. COmfy dressing for trek and with drinking water.

    Participants:
    1. falconite
    2. lkkang
    3.
    4.
    5.

    Time to blow dust off your long lenses!!!!
    | www.falconite.com | flickr |
    Canon Equipments

  8. #688

    Default Re: Toa Payoh / Bishan / Ang Mo Kio Shooters

    Hi all,

    I'm new to DSLR. In fact, I haven't even bought a DSLR yet. Just want to say that I'm excited to know there's a shooting group consisting people staying around AMK. I stay in AMK myself.

    Can I ask what camera brand are most of you using? I've been reading up on the different brands. Was considering between these: Canon D450, Sony A200,A350. Latest decision was to make a trip o Cathay Photos in Peninsular to physically check out the camera before making any decision. Biased towards Sony A200 though.

    What're your opinions on this?

  9. #689

    Default Re: Toa Payoh / Bishan / Ang Mo Kio Shooters

    Hi Sean,
    Welcome a fellow AMKer..

    For your camera opinions, why not read the expert's review? -

    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/comp...ra350&show=all

  10. #690

    Default Re: Toa Payoh / Bishan / Ang Mo Kio Shooters

    Quote Originally Posted by SeAnCoLd View Post
    Hi all,

    I'm new to DSLR. In fact, I haven't even bought a DSLR yet. Just want to say that I'm excited to know there's a shooting group consisting people staying around AMK. I stay in AMK myself.

    Can I ask what camera brand are most of you using? I've been reading up on the different brands. Was considering between these: Canon D450, Sony A200,A350. Latest decision was to make a trip o Cathay Photos in Peninsular to physically check out the camera before making any decision. Biased towards Sony A200 though.

    What're your opinions on this?
    u can also try them at MS Colour. anyway, it is at amk.

  11. #691

    Default Re: Toa Payoh / Bishan / Ang Mo Kio Shooters

    wow.. That link's very comprehensive. Thanks! Will take some time to read it.

    By the way, are you guys using Canon, Nikkon or Sony? It would be good to go with the crowd, since equipment can be shared, or at least easier to find out more abt the equipment before buying it in the future.

  12. #692

    Default Re: Toa Payoh / Bishan / Ang Mo Kio Shooters

    Quote Originally Posted by SeAnCoLd View Post
    wow.. That link's very comprehensive. Thanks! Will take some time to read it.

    By the way, are you guys using Canon, Nikkon or Sony? It would be good to go with the crowd, since equipment can be shared, or at least easier to find out more abt the equipment before buying it in the future.
    SeAnCold, I don't think it is a wise choice to take our camera brands as considering factor at all. Who knows we might not even like our own camera brands . U have to find something that you like and what you think it suits you. We welcome all camera brands to join our outings.
    but no harm sharing with you, we have Nikkon and Canon users in our groups.

  13. #693

    Default Re: Toa Payoh / Bishan / Ang Mo Kio Shooters

    Quote Originally Posted by SeAnCoLd View Post
    wow.. That link's very comprehensive. Thanks! Will take some time to read it.

    By the way, are you guys using Canon, Nikkon or Sony? It would be good to go with the crowd, since equipment can be shared, or at least easier to find out more abt the equipment before buying it in the future.
    As consumers, we are really spoilt for choice. The DSLR is really a tool for pursuing your interest or trade. Don't get caught up in the "White Side" or "Dark Side" stuff. Pick up a system within your budget, familiarise yourself with the functions, read up on some basic photography stuff and just go out there and shoot shoot shoot......most importantly...have fun.
    Welcome to B.A.T.S

  14. #694
    Member/Tangshooter falconite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    AMK | Tang Shooters
    Posts
    2,203

    Default Re: Toa Payoh / Bishan / Ang Mo Kio Shooters

    Welcome to DSLR... but I must warn you tat its addictive. Shooting is only part of the itch... and when u progresses, you want to up your gear as well.

    A200 is a great buy.. but we have now the strength in BATS inclining to Canon (should u wish to know). However Nikon will outsell Canon in DSLR this year.. haaa so in one way or anther , you will surely get headache as to which brand is the right brand. Well its a myth... i agree with suggestions earlier... go check out which egornomics fit you, which is within budget, what you like even as simple as in the way they clicks....

    Welcome to BATS!
    | www.falconite.com | flickr |
    Canon Equipments

  15. #695
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    昭南島
    Posts
    2,074

    Default Re: Toa Payoh / Bishan / Ang Mo Kio Shooters

    Welcome to B.A.T.S.! Not necessarily must have dSLR then can come. We have amongst us one who uses a small pocket-sized PnS too.
    | Canong 480D mk II | EF 18-55mm LV mk XOXO marco + Bougainvillea-shaped hood |

  16. #696

    Default Re: Toa Payoh / Bishan / Ang Mo Kio Shooters

    Thanks for the warm welcome!

    I've now decided on Canon 450D after reading the in-depth review on dpreview. It seems like its better than the A200 in many ways. I haven't had the time to go down and try the camera yet. I read that its grip is rather shallow. Hope that doesn't affect me too much, but I do have big hands. Well... I'll know when I go down to one of the shops.

    By the way, I love the acronym BATS. Makes us sound like some super-heroes.

  17. #697
    Member/Tangshooter falconite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    AMK | Tang Shooters
    Posts
    2,203

    Default Re: Toa Payoh / Bishan / Ang Mo Kio Shooters

    so long as no one start to wear the black boxer pants on his head!! BATS..
    | www.falconite.com | flickr |
    Canon Equipments

  18. #698
    Member/Tangshooter falconite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    AMK | Tang Shooters
    Posts
    2,203

    Default Re: Toa Payoh / Bishan / Ang Mo Kio Shooters

    Quote Originally Posted by SeAnCoLd View Post
    Thanks for the warm welcome!

    I've now decided on Canon 450D after reading the in-depth review on dpreview. It seems like its better than the A200 in many ways. I haven't had the time to go down and try the camera yet. I read that its grip is rather shallow. Hope that doesn't affect me too much, but I do have big hands. Well... I'll know when I go down to one of the shops.

    By the way, I love the acronym BATS. Makes us sound like some super-heroes.
    If u read on.. 50D is more accomplising then 450D and it wont have the shallow grip issue. :0 ..... to go round the issue.. u can also get an extension grip for your 450D (think it cost round $200).

    Say if i have a 2K budget... will get a 2nd hand 40D for 1.5K (which is a bang for bucks now with the rush to 5DmkII for many here) with kit II which is the EFS17-85mm lens and some monies left for bags and other accessories...
    | www.falconite.com | flickr |
    Canon Equipments

  19. #699

    Default Re: Toa Payoh / Bishan / Ang Mo Kio Shooters

    Quote Originally Posted by falconite View Post
    If u read on.. 50D is more accomplising then 450D and it wont have the shallow grip issue. :0 ..... to go round the issue.. u can also get an extension grip for your 450D (think it cost round $200).

    Say if i have a 2K budget... will get a 2nd hand 40D for 1.5K (which is a bang for bucks now with the rush to 5DmkII for many here) with kit II which is the EFS17-85mm lens and some monies left for bags and other accessories...
    The 2nd hand cameras here are very tempting indeed. But, I'm afraid I'll meet a mendacious seller and waste a whole lot of money and, more importantly, time trying to fix the problematic camera/lens.

    What do I need to look out for when buying a second hand camera?

  20. #700

    Default Re: Toa Payoh / Bishan / Ang Mo Kio Shooters

    Ah... nevermind my question. I'll go first hand instead. After-sales service would be very useful for a newbie like myself. Also, I just checked ou the DSLR prices in this forum. MS Color sells a 40D kit I at 1535 only inclusive of GST. Its still too expensive for me. I'll go for a 450D with a grip. I guess its better I save this money for a lens.

    One more question. Should I get the kit lens? Or should I get the body only and get a lens seperately?

    Which lens is most suitable for a beginner? I read that EF 50mm f/1.8 II is a great prime lens for a beginner. Is that true?

Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 102530333435363740 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •