Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canon's CSC

Default Re: Canon's CSC

I've used eclipse with no problem, may I know what is the advantage of E2?
    I might have to get some, I think I didn't close my bottle of eclipse properly and the whole lot evaporated... haha
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

Quote Originally Posted by adamadam View Post
    I've used eclipse with no problem, may I know what is the advantage of E2?
    I might have to get some, I think I didn't close my bottle of eclipse properly and the whole lot evaporated... haha
    You're using a 30D, right? Eclipse is perfectly fine for the 30D. IIRC, Eclipse is almost pure methanol, and E2 is a mixture of isopropyl alcohol, methanol and ethanol (if the web postings are to be believed). E2 is supposed to be safe for Indium Tin Oxide coated sensors, as well as the normal sensors, but does not dry as fast as the original Eclipse.

Cool. Just read up and apparently the bottle sells for about half of what CSC will charge for cleaning so i guess ill stick with the 'fessional way. Problem now is that - I see a (?1mm) spec of fungus growing on an old lens that is not reproduced in my images YET but i fear it can only grow bigger. Canon is being gay and charging S$100, not including replacement of spare parts if necessary. Z
    Canon 40D, 10-22, 35, 70-200
    http://theserialhobbyist.multiply.com

Quote Originally Posted by munkey View Post
    Cool. Just read up and apparently the bottle sells for about half of what CSC will charge for cleaning so i guess ill stick with the 'fessional way. Problem now is that - I see a (?1mm) spec of fungus growing on an old lens that is not reproduced in my images YET but i fear it can only grow bigger. Canon is being gay and charging S$100, not including replacement of spare parts if necessary. Z

Recently send one of my L for cleaning at P&G - http://www.pgcameras.com/ - they charge me $80.... and that include a lens re-calibrate. But they took around a week to do it.

Scuba & Father... For Life

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12