Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 67

Thread: Benro A500EX or 190XPROB?

  1. #1

    Default Benro A500EX or 190XPROB?

    i am considering between these 2 tripods

    Benro A-500EX ($188 w/ballhead)
    Manfrotto 190XPROB ($190 w/o ballhead)

    I know these 2 tripods is like of different league...

    but i wanna know if it's feasible to just get the cheaper Benro instead since it's with ballhead?

    I using 40D + grip, would like the tripod to withstand at least with a 70-200 mounted.

    here's the specification of the individual tripods i gathered:

    Benro A-500EX
    folded length: 575mm
    minimum height: 325mm
    maximum height: 1470.5mm
    maximum height (with center column down): 1250mm
    weight: 1.45kg
    load capacity: 6kg

    Manfrotto 190XPROB
    folded length: 568.96mm
    minimum height: 83.82mm
    maximum height: 1460.5mm
    maximum height (with center column down): 1219.2mm
    weight: 1.81kg
    load capacity: 5kg


    Which should i get?

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    beside jurong point
    Posts
    704

    Default Re: Benro A500EX or 190XPROB?

    I'm using the 190xprob, so 1 vote for that. No regrets getting. IMO, dont get a cheap ballhead, it tends to creep.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Benro A500EX or 190XPROB?

    I think the Benro Tripod is alright but the Ball head that comes with it is not up to the game. You may want to top-up to something in the KS series. Post in Jack006's thread or go to his store, you will get better idea..

  4. #4

    Default Re: Benro A500EX or 190XPROB?

    Quote Originally Posted by satishvarma View Post
    I think the Benro Tripod is alright but the Ball head that comes with it is not up to the game. You may want to top-up to something in the KS series. Post in Jack006's thread or go to his store, you will get better idea..
    ok. thanks everyone for the opinions.

    that said.. if i were to upgrade to a better ballhead like KS series, it'll up the whole budget naturally?

    if that is so, think i'll get the Manfrotto 190XPROB then with 486RC2 ballhead at $105? how's this combi?

  5. #5
    Senior Member egnaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Boon Lay, Singapore
    Posts
    2,989

    Default Re: Benro A500EX or 190XPROB?

    Quote Originally Posted by CrUeL View Post
    i am considering between these 2 tripods

    Benro A-500EX ($188 w/ballhead)
    Manfrotto 190XPROB ($190 w/o ballhead)

    I know these 2 tripods is like of different league...

    but i wanna know if it's feasible to just get the cheaper Benro instead since it's with ballhead?

    I using 40D + grip, would like the tripod to withstand at least with a 70-200 mounted.

    here's the specification of the individual tripods i gathered:

    Benro A-500EX
    folded length: 575mm
    minimum height: 325mm
    maximum height: 1470.5mm
    maximum height (with center column down): 1250mm
    weight: 1.45kg
    load capacity: 6kg

    Manfrotto 190XPROB
    folded length: 568.96mm
    minimum height: 83.82mm
    maximum height: 1460.5mm
    maximum height (with center column down): 1219.2mm
    weight: 1.81kg
    load capacity: 5kg


    Which should i get?
    definitely on Manfrotto 190Xprob, But if you insist want to get Benro, that fine... But for head, NO NO NO benro...

    read post #28


    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...ighlight=benro
    Life is like Photography, to improve, you have to keep shooting!

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    beside jurong point
    Posts
    704

    Default Re: Benro A500EX or 190XPROB?

    Quote Originally Posted by CrUeL View Post
    ok. thanks everyone for the opinions.

    that said.. if i were to upgrade to a better ballhead like KS series, it'll up the whole budget naturally?

    if that is so, think i'll get the Manfrotto 190XPROB then with 486RC2 ballhead at $105? how's this combi?
    Please let me know where can i get the 190xprob and 486rc2 @ $105
    From what i know the tripod itself is alrd $180

  7. #7

    Default Re: Benro A500EX or 190XPROB?

    Quote Originally Posted by ngck12 View Post
    Please let me know where can i get the 190xprob and 486rc2 @ $105
    From what i know the tripod itself is alrd $180
    wah if can get at that price tell me, i go buy 20 and go B&S sell..

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: Benro A500EX or 190XPROB?

    Manfrotto over Benro anytime.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Benro A500EX or 190XPROB?

    Quote Originally Posted by ngck12 View Post
    Please let me know where can i get the 190xprob and 486rc2 @ $105
    From what i know the tripod itself is alrd $180
    i think what TS meant was ballhead alone is $105. He already stated in the first post tripod alone is $190

    TS> I just got mine from TK Foto 190XPROB + 486RC2 combo $295. Not the cheapest, but acceptable.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,458

    Default Re: Benro A500EX or 190XPROB?

    Quote Originally Posted by CrUeL View Post
    ok. thanks everyone for the opinions.

    that said.. if i were to upgrade to a better ballhead like KS series, it'll up the whole budget naturally?

    if that is so, think i'll get the Manfrotto 190XPROB then with 486RC2 ballhead at $105? how's this combi?
    Bro, what's your height??? If you are like some of us who is about 1.8m there about, a better Manfotto tripod will be the 055XProb and looking at your setup, the head you can go for 488RC2.... I find that for the height and the weight, the combination is better... it is quite heavy though.... of course you can go for the CF one but that one is another price level....

  11. #11

    Smile Re: Benro A500EX or 190XPROB?

    A few months back, I was also considering these 2 tripod.
    In the end, I got the A-500.

    You won't go wrong on either one.
    Manfrotto has nicer logo though... haha!

    It's just the lil things that sway me to the A-500.
    -price diff
    -all 3 padded legs
    -come with nice well-padded bag
    -hook to further weigh down the tripod(I don't quite remember if the 190x has this or not)

    I paired it up with a Giottos MH-1001...

    So far so good....

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    beside jurong point
    Posts
    704

    Default Re: Benro A500EX or 190XPROB?

    i got that giottos mh 1001 too, not a very good head IMO. Tends to creep, no quick release plate.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Benro A500EX or 190XPROB?

    Quote Originally Posted by N-user View Post
    Bro, what's your height??? If you are like some of us who is about 1.8m there about, a better Manfotto tripod will be the 055XProb and looking at your setup, the head you can go for 488RC2.... I find that for the height and the weight, the combination is better... it is quite heavy though.... of course you can go for the CF one but that one is another price level....
    i'm 1.7m tall... should be fine for 190XPROB right?

  14. #14

    Default Re: Benro A500EX or 190XPROB?

    Quote Originally Posted by ngck12 View Post
    Please let me know where can i get the 190xprob and 486rc2 @ $105
    From what i know the tripod itself is alrd $180
    i meant the 486RC2 is @ $105

  15. #15

    Default Re: Benro A500EX or 190XPROB?

    btw... how's the 486RC2 head? any creeping problems?

  16. #16

    Default Re: Benro A500EX or 190XPROB?

    Quote Originally Posted by ngck12 View Post
    i got that giottos mh 1001 too, not a very good head IMO. Tends to creep, no quick release plate.
    I bought mine with the QR plate... Forgot what was the option code for QR plate...

  17. #17

    Default Re: Benro A500EX or 190XPROB?

    Quote Originally Posted by CrUeL View Post
    i'm 1.7m tall... should be fine for 190XPROB right?
    i am 173 cm.

    used to ve the 190.

    but find it a little short, esp since i prefer to shoot at eye level.

    so, changed to the 055.

    v happy.

    i live tampines. ve time, meet up. can play w my triopd first before deciding.

    no prize for guessing if i prefer manfrotto or benro.

  18. #18
    Senior Member egnaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Boon Lay, Singapore
    Posts
    2,989

    Default Re: Benro A500EX or 190XPROB?

    Quote Originally Posted by attap seed View Post
    i am 173 cm.

    used to ve the 190.

    but find it a little short, esp since i prefer to shoot at eye level.

    so, changed to the 055.

    v happy.

    i live tampines. ve time, meet up. can play w my triopd first before deciding.

    no prize for guessing if i prefer manfrotto or benro.
    quite no. of acronyms u use... haha...

    I take some time to read your reply actually.

    055 is much taller, but in order to have a higher tripod, you have to bear with higher cost (one time) but heavier(maybe life time).

    question is, is it worth it?

    I am 1.73 too... I am using 190XproB... no problem.
    Life is like Photography, to improve, you have to keep shooting!

  19. #19

    Default Re: Benro A500EX or 190XPROB?

    what ballhead u guys using? my budget would be to be below $300.

    i'll be getting the 190XPROB then.

  20. #20
    Senior Member egnaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Boon Lay, Singapore
    Posts
    2,989

    Default Re: Benro A500EX or 190XPROB?

    Quote Originally Posted by CrUeL View Post
    what ballhead u guys using? my budget would be to be below $300.

    i'll be getting the 190XPROB then.
    if ur budget is ard 300, i suggest you to top up gitzo GH1780QR ard $440, 10kg max load, light weight only at 0.35kg to compensate your heavy weight 190XproB, trust me it help...

    if cheaper alternative, you can try manfrotto 488RC2 ard $150 weight abt 0.67kg max load 8kg
    for ball head, try to get a top range. Head is more critical then tripod.

    personally I am eyeing Gitzo explorer tripod and either Gitzo head or markins.
    btw i am using giottos 1001-652 head, so i wont recommend it.

    happy buying...
    Life is like Photography, to improve, you have to keep shooting!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •