View Poll Results: Which camera shop do you like shopping in?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cathay Photo, Peninsula

3 14.29%
  • Cathay Photo, Marina Sq

0 0%
  • MS Color

2 9.52%
  • T.K. Foto Technic

3 14.29%
  • Lord Camera

0 0%
  • John 3:16

12 57.14%
  • The Camera Workshop

0 0%
  • Alan Photo

0 0%
  • Parisilk

0 0%
  • Orient Photo

1 4.76%

Thread: Your reviews and experience on camera shops you've been to (complains/compliments)

Thumbs up Your reviews and experience on camera shops you've been to (complains/compliments)

Hi all,

I started this poll/thread to help newbies and other fellow CSers to know about all the camera shops and their services. So if you have any complains or compliments you wanna give to shops, do post here. i'll start first....

I was at John 3:16 with my friends yesterday. My friend wanted to get a Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8. We arrived there at 9pm which was their closing time but they were still open. we went in there and i think we stayed all the way past their closing time , at around 10pm and yet there didnt show any sign of impatience and still continued to serve us and chat with us. I know about their good service but this was the best so far. and from there, i told myself that even if i could find cheaper stuff (like $10-$30 diff) somewhere else, i would still buy from them.

My friend bought the lens in the end of course...
    Last edited by maswu; 12th August 2008 at 11:58 AM.
    LightSide Shooter
    flickr

Default Re: Your reviews and experience on camera shops you've been to (complains/compliments

John 3:16 as well Samuel is incredibly friendly. I walked in to buy just an omni bounce (only $30) and he still bothered to talk about omni bounces vs bounce cards etc with me for a while. Even though his prices aren't the best arnd (but they aren't bad either!), I would still buy from him, just for that friendly service and trustworthiness.

Default Re: Your reviews and experience on camera shops you've been to (complains/compliments

John 3:16: Sam is a super friendly guy with friendly services, good price, and he always have time to answer my questions patiently.

John 3:16 gets my vote too. Samuel isn't just friendly, he's enthusiastic.

I've had good experiences at Orient Foto if of a different type too; they're not naturally chatty, but I don't mind if I'd just like to browse and try out equipment without a running commentary.

Mscolor both AMK hub and their main stores are pretty OK too. Friendly staff there.

This thread's asked where we'd like to shop, so no negative comments on other shops for me here.

I smell a thread is going to get locked pretty soon.

locked y? i didnt break the guidelines, did i?
    Last edited by maswu; 12th August 2008 at 02:54 PM.
    LightSide Shooter
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by maswu View Post
    locked y? i didnt break the guidelines, did i?
    Its a done to death topic. You should post it at Consumers Corner.

oh...oops...could mods please help me move the thread if possible? thanks and sorry

thanx hazmee for the heads up
    Last edited by maswu; 12th August 2008 at 02:58 PM.
    LightSide Shooter
    flickr

I actually reckon it's good resurrecting these topics from time to time, management and staff at the shops can change, and with that, the experience and perhaps pricing as well.

So it's a good way to keep up to date ... a thread that ended 3 years ago will not be useful for a newbie trying to figure out where to check things out without getting a bad experience.

To keep this on topic, the John 3:16 gang has ensured that their shop is always on my radar when I'm in "buying" mode, especially Sam & Lester.

Quote Originally Posted by ericp View Post
    I actually reckon it's good resurrecting these topics from time to time, management and staff at the shops can change, and with that, the experience and perhaps pricing as well.

So it's a good way to keep up to date ... a thread that ended 3 years ago will not be useful for a newbie trying to figure out where to check things out without getting a bad experience.

To keep this on topic, the John 3:16 gang has ensured that their shop is always on my radar when I'm in "buying" mode, especially Sam & Lester.
    I agreed with you to some extend, but these are not like the fly by the night shops in SLS, usually the standard of the shops are uphold by the Boss way of doing business, yes the kind of sales person may make some differences, but largely the standard don't change too much. The bosses of these shop will have expectations from their employees.

Blog Entries

do note that different customers get different levels of service even from the same guy at the same shop on the same day
    so this poll is useless.

you want good service? go there with someone who already gets good service and let him/her introduce you.

thread closed