Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nikon are back strong in Olympics

Default Re: Nikon are back strong in Olympics

Quote Originally Posted by zj2000 View Post
    Not all black are nikon though. Can be Sigma. I can imagine someone choosing the 120-300 2.8 over original maker's 300mm 2.8. Having said that, there's no denying that nikon is back strong. I remember when you can only see a sea of white and only a few black lenses at the athens olympics. Hopefully canon will do something about their next generation of lenses.
    Hopefully both canon and nikon will do something about it. that way, we win

OMG ...

Now that's a few photos to wake up to every morning

Whatever it is ... C or N .. both have their weakness and strengths ... so overall gotta choose 1 that fits your bill and compromise over smaller minute "flaws".

Really, are we so deprived of things to do we start scrutinising a badly shot photo?

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    "...STILL a problem with the AF", not 'Canon didn't want to admit that there was a problem with the AF'.

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/mul...8740-9068-9357
    sorry, saw the initial phrase "still was" and assumed you meant a problem initially... that's for being a linguist...

Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    Really, are we so deprived of things to do we start scrutinising a badly shot photo?
    ....This belief extends to documentary filmmaking, as well. If its badly shot, its more authentic. E.M.
    http://morris.blogs.nytimes.com/2008...pon/index.html

Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Not all black are nikon though. Can be Sigma. I can imagine someone choosing the 120-300 2.8 over original maker's 300mm 2.8. Having said that, there's no denying that nikon is back strong. I remember when you can only see a sea of white and only a few black lenses at the athens olympics. Hopefully canon will do something about their next generation of lenses.
    During such major events, majority of sport and media photographers only choose to shoot with Nikon or Canon cameras. Apart from the capability of the equipments, Nikon and Canon setup their service booths to support the media. It is this commitment of theirs that it is always the first choice of media to choose their products over others.

Like... paint them black?

Anyway, some of the black lenses might be Oly also. Olympus... Olympics..

End of the day, it's not really about white or black lenses... It's about when you open the shutter and whether you get everything else right when you open the shutter.
    Last edited by lsisaxon; 13th August 2008 at 01:30 PM.

I am surprised that this thread lasted this long. Does it matter what other photographers use? What matters is what we produce with our equipment.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    I am surprised that this thread lasted this long. Does it matter what other photographers use? What matters is what we produce with our equipment.
    Nope it doesn't matter what other photographers use. but it is interesting to know what they use, and get a little glimpse of whats going on in the industry. haha of course, this is a rather brief glimpse.

Arrow Re: Nikon are back strong in Olympics

Photographer Discusses His Decision To Make 'The Switch'
    Florida freelancer switches from Canon to Nikon.

http://www.sportsshooter.com/news/1967

Maybe u guys don't know but the whole AFP photo dept switched to Nikon becos of the D3!! Yes world wide ! Must have cost them alot of $$$$$.
    Just check out the Straits Times spread on the Olympics opening n notice more than half of the pix used are from AFP.Heard from a friend who works for the newspaper industry that the head of AFP photo dept claimed that the D3 help them alot during the opening due to it's low noise level but still maintaining great contrast and details.
    Just for yr info,heard that Reuters have not upgrade to the MkIII YET!

Quote Originally Posted by goon View Post
    Maybe u guys don't know but the whole AFP photo dept switched to Nikon becos of the D3!!
    Erm, any lobang/auction/news on writeoffs of their used Canon lenses, especially those big white ones?

Arrow Re: Nikon are back strong in Olympics

Yes, the stats was shown during the launch of the D700 @ Hortpark last month, July.

Quote Originally Posted by goon View Post
    Maybe u guys don't know but the whole AFP photo dept switched to Nikon becos of the D3!! Yes world wide ! Must have cost them alot of $$$$$.
    Just check out the Straits Times spread on the Olympics opening n notice more than half of the pix used are from AFP.Heard from a friend who works for the newspaper industry that the head of AFP photo dept claimed that the D3 help them alot during the opening due to it's low noise level but still maintaining great contrast and details.
    Just for yr info,heard that Reuters have not upgrade to the MkIII YET!
    Last edited by xtemujin; 13th August 2008 at 10:22 PM.

Here is what Rob wrote about why he did not switch to Nikon....
    http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/mul...8740-9068-9537

black lens == nikon
    white lens == canon?

Some how my black lens says Tokina.... how come ar?
    How fortunate for leaders that men do not think. - Adolf Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    black lens == nikon
    white lens == canon?

Some how my black lens says Tokina.... how come ar?

Both my black and white lens says Canon

Quote Originally Posted by lightning View Post
    Both my black and white lens says Canon
    my transparent lens says acuve

Quote Originally Posted by lightning View Post
    Here is what Rob wrote about why he did not switch to Nikon....
    http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/mul...8740-9068-9537
    The 1D Mark III seems to be like a Ferrari Formula One car... best/fastest car on the track when its engine is not failing

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123