Thread: Floating Restaurants

Default Floating Restaurants

I missed the action on Sat. I was at the Kallang River on Fri. Here is a shot of the floating restaurants. Welcome your comments.

wow very saturated colour?

is it the film or photoshop?

Originally posted by jOhO
    wow very saturated colour?

is it the film or photoshop?
    The shot was taken using NEF and converted to jpg using Nikon Capture. Other than adjusting the sharpness and colour noise level, no other adjustments were made. The colour mode setting on my camera when the shot was taken was Type I (sRGB).

Originally posted by cwaikong
    The shot was taken using NEF and converted to jpg using Nikon Capture. Other than adjusting the sharpness and colour noise level, no other adjustments were made. The colour mode setting on my camera when the shot was taken was Type I (sRGB).
    You should have taken it with Type II (Adobe RGB), edit it in a wide gamut and convert a copy to sRGB. That way, you get a wider range of color that you will have to play with.

That said, very nice
    But you do know that unless you use some special (usually high end ones) printers, most of the colors won't be printed as saturated?

Originally posted by Watcher
    You should have taken it with Type II (Adobe RGB), edit it in a wide gamut and convert a copy to sRGB. That way, you get a wider range of color that you will have to play with.

That said, very nice
    But you do know that unless you use some special (usually high end ones) printers, most of the colors won't be printed as saturated?
    Thanks for the advice. A newbie in terms of colour management. Would like to learn more in this area. Any good ref website or books?

Originally posted by cwaikong
    Thanks for the advice. A newbie in terms of colour management. Would like to learn more in this area. Any good ref website or books?
    Errm, books? Search under my name. I had previously mentioned a few very good books, all can be obtained from National Library.

As for websites, let me get the links when I go home.