Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM

Default Re: Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM

Quote Originally Posted by m3lv1nh0 View Post
    I'm also using 35L to shoot my kids. The MFD is short so I can do closeup. 85 is definately out of the question unless you are shooting them outdoors. If you thinking about shooting groups photos during birthday parties etc, than I would suggest Tamron 17-50 or Canon 17-55 with ext flash.
    Oic. I still contemplating whether I shld buy the 35mm one or not. Cos I got the 50mm.. the focal length about 15mm difference.. besides the focal length and wider perspective view.. got other good reasons why I shld buy the lens?

By the way, anyone knows the battery grip got cover warranty?
    "There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs." -Ansel Adams

Tamron 17-50.. hmm..

it seemed like it's a good lens.
    "There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs." -Ansel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by mummyjoys View Post
    Oic. I still contemplating whether I shld buy the 35mm one or not. Cos I got the 50mm.. the focal length about 15mm difference.. besides the focal length and wider perspective view.. got other good reasons why I shld buy the lens?

By the way, anyone knows the battery grip got cover warranty?
    The 50 is good enuf just that the MFD is alittle too far for me to shoot sometimes in tight places. Personally, I have the 35,50,85 primes. BBB virus at work. Different lens for different usage I always believe.

Battery grip should have warrantry provided it's a local set and not a grey set.

Quote Originally Posted by m3lv1nh0 View Post
    The 50 is good enuf just that the MFD is alittle too far for me to shoot sometimes in tight places. Personally, I have the 35,50,85 primes. BBB virus at work. Different lens for different usage I always believe.

Battery grip should have warrantry provided it's a local set and not a grey set.
    Hamtam that BBB virus. Hv to master the 'lun' kungfu. Grrrr.

Thanks for the reply on battery grip.

I believe battery grip falls under accessories, it would not have any warranty. Anyway the chances of a battery grip failing upon new set is almost nil. It is a pure electro-mechanic device
    Last edited by hammie; 12th August 2008 at 06:55 PM.
    EOS 5DMkiii|17-40F4L|24-105f4L|70-200f4L IS|50f1.4|85f1.8|580EX II

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12