Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad Episode at Seletar

Default Re: Bad Episode at Seletar

huh, after years of fine-tuning this basic procedure still can't do properly?

.. i dun think fine-tuning is an suitable term for a sophisticated & well equiped force.

I want to shoot there again before the houses gets demolished

well at least from the TS description, the mata are quite curteous....

Blog Entries

actually it also shows that the home team is on the ball and working hard
    it is better to have them hard working than eating snake somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    actually it also shows that the home team is on the ball and working hard
    it is better to have them hard working than eating snake somewhere
    that ok lah, sometimes even police make small mistakes. got NRIC down liao, how wrong can they go.

but i think the IO need some coffee, or does coffee not help him. Red Bull perhaps? cos there will be times quick thinking coupled with good judgement is needed.

I wrote this for those who replied in support of the police.

Police work requires good observance & detective-ship. Checking with 1/2 past 6 methods waste everyones time and also cause undue distress and hardship to innocent members of the public. I am saying this as a former PNSF personnel.

Everyone on the road is a possible suspect and not everyone can be stopped by the police to verify their respective status as to whether they are wanted or whether they are an illegal immigrant. Good observance and detective work has to come into play and once that is completed, If the 'suspicion' is still present then a check is necessary, once the check requirements are fulfilled then a suspect should either be released or arrested if the suspect fails the check.

In this case, the patrol car noticed clearly that I was at the lake shooting a landscape and verified everyone of my pictures which had abstracts of nature and flora, totalling 42 (except for only one circular wire mesh), screened my identity with the CRO, confirmed my membership with a Photo Club and let me off.

Now, the issue here is about the incident thereafter. The persistent chasing thereafter, making me wait at 2 other destinations which took a substantial amount of time off me. Logically, after the initial verification, the job is done - the requirements are all fulfilled.

How far do you think they should go? Follow me back home, check my house, PC? Stake me thereafter? All for just a stupid wire mesh perspective?

They should know that if a person is up to no good and doing reconnaissance work they'd carry a small camera and whose pictures in the camera would contain a subtantial amount of suspectful pictures, wouldn't they? :P
    Last edited by saymell; 12th August 2008 at 12:45 PM.

The persistant chasing was by that IO, not the whole police force, so lets be objective and keep that in mind We can't say the whole police force is inept just because of one IO (in this case) can we? thats like saying all photographers are *(&%* just because there are a few who give the rest of us bad names.

As has been said, at least the two officers patrolling were courteous and professional. Oh and noting down the I/C number is all they need, using that they can check everything from your address, HP number, tax/income records, criminal record, etc. Perhaps asking for your HP number is just to see if you lie or something like that.

Don't let one over zealous IO deter you from going there again.

P.S. i think perhaps it was 'cause you were near the camp.

vince123123
    Guests

Maybe it will be good to ask the IO on the spot, what his issue is. Ask to state clearly what his intentions are, and whether he's suspecting you of a criminal offence. If so, ask what offence, and if not, ask why he is holding you up if there is no offence suspected or disclosed.

If you think that the IO behaved in an unprofessional manner, feel free to write an email to his superior officer to feedback. I did that once to a special forces Policeman who flaunted his status on a forum and challenging pple, and his superior gave him a talking to. Although this case is not as clearcut as the other one, you can still send your feedback.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12