Thread: Taking photo during take-off and landing

Default Taking photo during take-off and landing

Hi, just curious whether I can take photo during take off or landing using DSLR ?

I only know for sure that it is allowed after reaching some altitude.

thanks for the respond

Default Re: Taking photo during take-off and landing

Usually they are afraid of signals/noise interfering with the avionics during taking off and landing. But so far for the flights I have taken, the staffs do not stop people from snapping when at cruising altitude. There will usually be an announcement that we can use devises that are not actively transmitting signals of sorts.

Ryan

Nah, dun worry... just snap! Just don't attach the wireless file transmitter, who knows once you shoot, the captain will have the picture showing on their monitors. But seriously, I've snapped before... almost everytime I fly.

Quote Originally Posted by kazeeee View Post
    Hi, just curious whether I can take photo during take off or landing using DSLR ?

I only know for sure that it is allowed after reaching some altitude.
    It is my belief that it will not interfere with any in-flight instruments. If it is that easy to crash a plane, the airline industry would have folded long ago. I'd be more concerned about the heavy DSLR becoming a deadly projectile in case of emergencies.

If you want to do it, do not ask the flight attendant for permission. If you do, they will most likely have to say it is not allowed. And having been told, you cannot "act blur" and continue to take photos.

If confronted, just apologize and keep the camera. Arguing with cabin crew does not help and can get you into deep trouble.
    Last edited by lennyl; 10th August 2008 at 12:13 PM.

It is always the best of interest to comply to the regulations.

While we cannot expect the air staffs to know all the exact products and whatever electronic oscillators that can actually affect flight controls and communications, it is generally safer to advise against most if not all of it - i think it might be overstated, but in case something happens many lives hang in thin air.

I would not be surprised if they stop you from taking pictures with an old manual focus film camera during landing / taking off.

wow thats fast respond.
    thanks for them. noted it.