View Poll Results: What do you think about the NDP 08 Fireworks?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Disappointing

18 51.43%
  • So-so

13 37.14%
  • Wah, good one

4 11.43%

Thread: NDP 08 Fireworks

Default NDP 08 Fireworks

Hey guys, anyone went to see the fireworks at NDP 08?
    Tell us what you think about the Fireworks.
    Blood is Red for a reason. Liverpool for life.

Default Re: NDP 08 Fireworks

Let me start this poll....
    Went to see the NDP and plan to shoot the fireworks. After getting through what must be the entire population of Singapore finally I got a good spot near the Asian Civilization Museum.... wait for about 1 hour.... high expectation of a good show... then come 8 pm.... See some fireworks.. then stop... wait wait wait... fireworks starts again... then stop (again)...
    wait wait wait.... nothing happens....

feels abit disappointed with the fireworks this year... I think the firework show could be better..

errr..... think you did not know why there is a pause in between.... I was at the actual show, fireworks are executed with events and not all on entire fireworks itself. If you want just fireworks.... please wait for the fireworks festival in 2 weeks time.

Quote Originally Posted by cg171s View Post
    Let me start this poll....
    Went to see the NDP and plan to shoot the fireworks. After getting through what must be the entire population of Singapore finally I got a good spot near the Asian Civilization Museum.... wait for about 1 hour.... high expectation of a good show... then come 8 pm.... See some fireworks.. then stop... wait wait wait... fireworks starts again... then stop (again)...
    wait wait wait.... nothing happens....

feels abit disappointed with the fireworks this year... I think the firework show could be better..
    True... feel like they are running out of time so they simply fires whatever to the sky

Could it be due to Beijing Olympic grand opening ceremony affects expectation of the many singaporeans on NDP ?

I just came back from marina NDP , but imho , it looks similar as years before.

too smoky...as usual.
    after the first few shots, can pack up ur gear.

yah, was there as well.. guess this yr olympics kinda raised the bar and expectations..

it was really smokey and well... i didnt really enjoyed it..
    "For God loved the world so much that He gave His one and only Son" He Love all of us...

hahaha.. I don't think it can really be compared to the Beijing one.
    But even if you don't compare it, I would expect better fireworks, maybe like more variety or better display. To me the organizer just put a simple-like-before kinda fireworks.

I don't expect it to rival the Beijing fireworks, but come on... this is the National Day. After all the hard work they put for the Parade, the Black Knight, and everything else, even the promotion for NDP... one would expect a better firework shows (some more they put it in the end of the entire show where ppl would expect an amazing "finale" of some sort)

Well, that's enough for tonight... very tired with lugging my tripod & camera around and through the sea of ppl...

Signing off now...

Happy National Day everyone

Beijing aside, shows in previous years, including New Years Eve and other occasions, have been more spectacular. I remember shooting at least 8-10 minutes worth of footage each time, this year it's just 4-5.

Some previous occasions were almost as long as 15.. wow

I hope the cost cutting is not getting to them. Their decision to pack more fireworks together for more visual 'impact' is overshadowed by the reduction in time (which was never mentioned). As has truthfully been said, national pride has no price - just spend the money!

It wasn't too bad and I enjoyed it throughly. It was great to watch but wasn't that good for photography and I hope they will spread out the fireworks over a larger area instead of one spot next time.

having seen the preview, i was so disappointed with the fireworks, so i went shooting around chinatown. aftert the fireworks ended, the whole chinatown was as though it has been attacked with tons of smoke granades.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.