Thread: Discussion on model shoots

Smile Discussion on model shoots

Hi ,
    I hope this topic will be juz a discussion on some model shoots organised by advertisers/organisers. Was discussing with another CSer and was told that there are indeed such people that reserved the slots, went to the venue, took a few shots then refused(or act blur) to pay up. Stating that the shoot wasn't well organised. I myself had went to one such event & after chatting to a few of them(photographers), they told me that they had not pay up yet. As the shoot was quite badly organised, the organiser was so embarassed to even ask money from them. Ended up those paid photographers have to pay for a badly organised event and with those who did not pay, got away with it. I think this is simply not right.

As an organiser, it is the responsibility to make sure the actual number of photographers does not excceed the limited as to maintain the ratio. Also he/she has the obligation to create a good ambient/enviroment for both models & photographers.

As a photographer, once you booked the slots, should pay up even the shoots were not well organised. The most, next time don't join the shoots from that particular organiser.

As a paid model, be professional. Don't be late.

No offence to those who think they should have their money well spent. For those who refused to pay, I think it is not a good practice. Perhaps we can work out some solutions. Like refund from the organiser if the photographer decided to pull out due to badly organised setup/theme BEFORE THEY PRESS THEIR SHUTTER .

Any comments are welcome.
    Canon EOS 20D|EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS|EF 17-40mm f/4L|EF 85mmII f1.2L|EF 50mm f/1.8 II|580EX

Default Re: Discussion on model shoots

interesting. what spurred you to start this thread?
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

interesting to hear abt such stuff although i gotta admit it doesn't surprise me that such things happen from here.

Smile Re: Discussion on model shoots

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
    interesting. what spurred you to start this thread?

After the discussion with another CSer. I thought my experience was a one-off thing but realised that it happened more than once. So I wanna see if any member/organiser here had similiar experience so to raise the awareness of such people does exists...

Also to organiser; maybe a form of assurance can be given to photographer who signed up and later think that the theme is not what he wanted/expected can have a chance to withdraw his intention carry on with the shoots(of course without shooting at all).

If one photographer withdraws, you don't loose much. But if ALL withdraws, meaning your organisation is and you have to bear the cost of loosing your clients & the model's fee. (its a business afterall)
    Last edited by Crabby; 9th August 2008 at 05:24 PM.
    Canon EOS 20D|EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS|EF 17-40mm f/4L|EF 85mmII f1.2L|EF 50mm f/1.8 II|580EX

vince123123
    Guests

Looks like organised shoots has undergone so much changes since it first began. Perhaps you can share the name of the organiser so the rest of us do not fall into the trap.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Looks like organised shoots has undergone so much changes since it first began. Perhaps you can share the name of the organiser so the rest of us do not fall into the trap.
    I think it is not nice to post names here. It is juz like some CSer posted up blacklisted model etc. Word of mouth. If a not-so-good organiser read this. This serves as a reflection for both including photographers.

Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    interesting to hear abt such stuff although i gotta admit it doesn't surprise me that such things happen from here.
    agreed not surprising considering some of the mass orgy stuff we see here.
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

apparently, some thing happens....share pls.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!