Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wedding Photos not Received

Default Re: Wedding Photos not Received

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    An agreement. A guide. A map ... when things get confusing, or messy, or when peoples' feelings change, or, in the worst case scenario, a clear reference of what was agreed, especially when there's unhappiness.

I don't understand why so many locals, or Asians think a written agreement is like a seal on their coffin or something truly evil!
    You are spot on. Asians, especially the older business men take it as an insult when a written contract is proposed. They take it as a sign of not being able to trust their word. In fact, working with relatives are more tricky than working with other people. They tend to forget details whenever it suits them.

The Zohan.
    Last edited by Zohan; 10th August 2008 at 05:23 AM.

Because there was a time when a man's word meant honor, and his handshake a seal of confidence.

Family and relatives ah? That one better borrow a few thousand dollars to get the biggest law firms to draft the contracts for you! Hahahahahaha!

Default Re: The Back Story

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Amazing, a "pro" changing the terms of the TFCD when he sees there's money to be made...sigh yet another opportunist at work.
    Yeah, I was appalled that he tried to pull off the bait-and-switch.

He obviously considers himself very "pro", even though he obviously does not have a professional attitude.
    Last edited by Triazolium; 10th August 2008 at 08:23 AM.
    Available as a model, photographer, and art director/stylist.

Quote Originally Posted by Triazolium View Post
    Yeah, I was appalled that he tried to pull off the bait-and-switch.

He obviously considers himself very "pro", even though he obviously does not have a professional attitude.
    u dunnoe meh bait and switch isn't illegal here which is why people get away with it.
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
    u dunnoe meh bait and switch isn't illegal here which is why people get away with it.
    Of course it's not illegal. There's nothing that can be done about it unless there was a written contract involved.

The bait-and-switch is, without a contract, unethical. The photog proved himself to be a selfish a-hole. Being an a-hole isn't illegal either.

Well. From what I've read over the past few posts, I think this started out as one big mess....and then escalated into an even BIGGER mess. Frankly speaking, I can't put a finger on any single party here.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowSkin View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply Luval. Appreciate it. Just to check one more thing, is minimal scar removing (like a small mole or 1-3 bumps on skin) and minimal skin smoothening considered tedious editing and not basic editing?
    for studio n outdoor shoot, where the prints are normally bigger, its part of the job to edit them. in your case of the slot-in album, its tedious if all 300 has to be done, and its usually not obvious to show on a 4R. regarding your earlier post on the meeting place, i believe its clear that if i have a shop front, i'd expect my clients to meet me there, for discussion or collections. btw, no relation with your photographer whatsoever, don't even have a clue who he might be, just a 3rd party's POV. jude

Quote Originally Posted by Zeisser View Post
    A Wedding is a joyous and once in a lifetime occassion for two people.The planning,preparations and the fruititon of the event had to be finally marred
    by such unpleasantries I really feel for this couple.
    there r people who r simply not happy.

had this ROM couple, a rather grand affair, who complained about everything and everyone, including yours truly. after receiving their album, still yak and yak.
    half a year later, call me up asking me to shoot their wedding.
    well, there are simply certain jobs that i'll not touch even if i am broke.

somehow i feel more for the photographer.
    except the TFCD thing, which of course we have not hear the other side 's story.

Now now, there are difficult couples and difficult photographers no?

Any job that involves working with potentially highly-strung people (e.g. all parties involved in a wedding) will, of course, take patience and understanding.

If the photographer had an album made for me by, say, GraphiStudio, then I wouldn't mind waiting 1.5 months.

If I paid the photographer to shoot my wedding and did not ask for prints, only for photos to be on a CD, 1.5 months is outrageous.

What would you do if you got married and then your photographer held your wedding photos hostage?

I've never heard of a wedding photographer in my area being such an a-hole. Portrait photogs, yes but not wedding photographers.
    Last edited by Triazolium; 10th August 2008 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowSkin View Post
    Hi all, need some tips/advice on dealing in such sticky situations.

We have paid our photographer in full and it has been more than 1.5 month since our wedding. The photographer does not seem sincere in meeting us up to pass us our album and the discs.

Earlier this week (around 4-6 Aug), we have agreed to meet up on Friday (8th) night to pass the photos to us but I waited till 2am (9Aug) without any response. It's only when I asked him again this morning that he told me he had a last minute photo shoot.

I already made it known to him that my weekends are not available that's why we arranged it on Fri night. And yet he ask me if I could go down to his studio on Sunday and worst still, if I am going to town on Sat (today).

Why does it appears that I am 'begging' for my photos?

Shouldn't it be the responsibility and courtesy of the photographer to pass us, the clients, our photos? Why do we have to accommodate to his schedule instead? I am reconsidering of hiring his services for future events.

First of all, there should be a contract that spelled out everything inequitable terms.

You are still thinking of hiring this photographer? What are you smoking?

If in fact all outstanding payments are settled, I really do not care what the service provider has to say, payment is received, please complete the services as agreed.

Key here is what is agreed upon, exactly, in black and white!

Lesson learned, use a real reputable professional.

Lesson learned, no point hooking up friends with wannabes trying to make a quick buck.

Lesson to be learned, if we do not out these bad apples, nothing will change.

Some will say, we did not hear the story from the photographer, but if he had already received payment in full, services better be provided in full. What stories do we need to hear?
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

[QUOTE=Deadpoet;4243488

If in fact all outstanding payments are settled, I really do not care what the service provider has to say, payment is received, please complete the services as agreed

Some will say, we did not hear the story from the photographer, but if he had already received payment in full, services better be provided in full. What stories do we need to hear?[/QUOTE]

Hear! Hear! that's the whole point of contention discussed here. Even there's some
    miss comunication between parties, as a professional a bit of flexibility would certainly
    help boost his reputation and generate more business in the future but sadly he chose
    to defer.

everything said/discuss over the agreement doesnt count
    hence a contract should be draft out if the clients want the particular to do the job

it should have something like

" There are no oral or other agreements of the Parties hereto, and this Agreement constitutes full and complete understanding and agreement between the Client(s) and the photographer "

relatives and friends also must sign unless is a volunteering job

Blog Entries

Note: I am not the photog or related to the photog in question.

However, I am closing this thread for the following:

1. The Photo Biz section is not for complaints against any photographer or similarly against clients. Hence posting here is already not appropriate

2. Debates and argument is getting to be like kopitiam and totally off topic, including vulgar connotation like "a hole" are not tolerated

3. CS is not to be made used of for complaints, (especially registering as member with the sole purpose of complaining ie first post is complain post) . Suggest the TS and photog settle this out of CS, there are many avenues ie small claims tribunal, court of law or CASE etc but NOT CS.

4. Lastly, this thread also served its purpose as the TS already got her images as stated in the later part of this thread
    Last edited by chngpe01; 10th August 2008 at 03:58 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123