Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First DSLR, Pentax, Canon or Nikon

Default Re: First DSLR, Pentax, Canon or Nikon

i'll go for k20d if i have to pick 1... fyi not every lenses made are weatherproof... normally you could find them on the higher end lenses...

though i have weather proof camera and lenses, but i myself is not weather proof

Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888 View Post
    Pentax K20D
    K20D

Quote Originally Posted by eosdigital View Post
    Lol, TS dont have that budget
    But his pictures confirm will make people go WOW.
    D∞X, 1-∞ mm F0.17. I like to show off my equipment list because I'm pro. My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by entropy_h View Post
    Eh?

There's an autoshoot mode on the D3 or the 1DmkIII?

How about lens cap on? ISO 25600? See banding can go WOW.

Good camera doesn't mean good photos.

Likewise, bad camera doesn't mean bad photos.

I recommend you get the Nikon D3 or Canon 1DsMkIII. The weatherproofing on these 2 cams are even better.
    Actually, Pentax weather sealing is very similar.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Quote Originally Posted by eone8 View Post
    Hi,
    I am thinking of getting my first DSLR, the choices are Pentax K20D for its weatherproofing, Canon 40D or wait till Nikon D90.

Any comment?
    If you are on a tighter budget, Pentax takes the cake. If you have more to allocate...Nikon D300 is more than you need. Unless you have a lot of $$$ to spend, Canon's mid-range products isn't exactly value-for-money.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

I share my thoughts with some memeber here that, if you foresee yourself will stay on as hobbyist, Pentax would give you value for money package. Go C & N if you plan to go pro/make money out of it as both have the complete range of accessories.

Why only that 3. What about Olympus? The E-520 comes with IS built in and the range of semi pro lenses won't burn a hole..plus they are weather all weather proof. But is a weather proof body is required, that E-3 is also weather proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesf View Post
    Go C & N if you plan to go pro/make money out of it as both have the complete range of accessories.
    That's the silliest thing I've ever read. Olympus and Minolta/Sony have a complete range as well, and are used by pros.

Heck, I know a pro who made a killing taking pics with an old Leica rangefinder.
    Alpha

I share my thoughts with some memeber here that, if you foresee yourself will stay on as hobbyist, Pentax would give you value for money package. Go C & N if you plan to go pro/make money out of it as both have the complete range of accessories.

so when war/street photographers sell photos made from a p&s.. they are not making money.. where you got the above idea, i do not know, but suffice to say , it's definitely not reliable - both source and idea, anyways.

Blog Entries

so, in the end buy a oly P&S shock proof and water proof

heavy thunderstorm also never mind, dirty, just wash under running tap

Quote Originally Posted by creampuff View Post
    Pick up a Pentax and you'll immediately know it has a nice solid feel and the ergonomics is good. No dinky lightweight plastic plus excellent value for money. It used to be the case that lenses were difficult to find but it is definitely not an issue now. Plus it has all those yummy pancake prime lenses... and in-built shake reduction is a big plus.

i second that i love those yummy pancakes :P too bad i am using a nikon which pancakes are rare and costly. just one to play la.. later on wanan switch also easy.

Quote Originally Posted by junglerover View Post
    I'm a newbie too. Have much deliberation, i chose Canon D450 (instead of D40) eventually...cos cheaper to start (just in case I lose interest too quickly). No regret so far, except that I find D450 a bit light (but my wife like it). Attended a free training by Canon last week and it looks like the D40-ers are very happy with their DSLRs.
    u can always add a battery grip for 450D. more comfortable

Quote Originally Posted by eone8 View Post
    Hi,
    I am thinking of getting my first DSLR, the choices are Pentax K20D for its weatherproofing, Canon 40D or wait till Nikon D90.

Any comment?
    Nikon and Canon are big guns in the market.If you have problems with your cam, there are more people out there to offer valuable advices. To me this is one of the very important factor that affect my decision when purchasing Cam.

Quote Originally Posted by prolensdreamer View Post
    Nikon and Canon are big guns in the market.If you have problems with your cam, there are more people out there to offer valuable advices. To me this is one of the very important factor that affect my decision when purchasing Cam.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Quote Originally Posted by prolensdreamer View Post
    I guess you've never hung out with the Sony or Olympus users then.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    That's the silliest thing I've ever read. Olympus and Minolta/Sony have a complete range as well, and are used by pros.

Heck, I know a pro who made a killing taking pics with an old Leica rangefinder.
    I do agree with you. Since the TS mentioned 3 system, my bad for not mentioning other systems.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post

so when war/street photographers sell photos made from a p&s.. they are not making money.. where you got the above idea, i do not know, but suffice to say , it's definitely not reliable - both source and idea, anyways.
    Yes. All cameras are capable to produce pro photos in the right hand. But for pro, I belief with choices, they will usually choose the easier path. My thought though.

I do agree with you. Since the TS mentioned 3 system, my bad for not mentioning other systems.

Yes. All cameras are capable to produce pro photos in the right hand. But for pro, I belief with choices, they will usually choose the easier path. My thought though.
    I believe they do not choose the easier path. They choose what they need. They choose what works for them. Correct me if I'm wrong professionals.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast