Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony

Default Re: Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony

I was touch by Olympic theme song .. "You n Me... From one world.. We are Family.."

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    Then you have Jurassic Park dinosaur running all around lor. Ppl just love to politicised the games.

Can't compare NDP to this la. Diff scale, diff budget and timeframe.
    similarly, you can say that steven's spielberg resignation is being politicised. the fact that the games are hyped up by so many values of peace and such stuff predominating in the torch relay, opening and closing ceremonies, make it an intrinsic source of conflict.

to minimise the politicisation, scrape the torch relay and the ceremonies, ban association with non sports related values, remove imposition on the labelling of its participants, and make it a pure sport events. but we all know the primary opposition to this will be nationalistic reasons, and the secondary opposition will be the commerical interest (the ceremonies also come across as entertainment), the olympics will be in all sad realism be always plagued with non sports related values and the argument of whether the host country lives up to that. if the media only shoots at the sportsman, then there will be no protestors and no mobs.
    Last edited by zoossh; 11th August 2008 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukon View Post
    He look good, at his age he is still working so hard for Singapore so why must you be so harsh.
    Admins & Mods say something.
    He was a bit slow in reactions when answering questions about the Beijing Olympics opening ceremony.

I'm sure if his wife has passed on we'd hear about it.

Quote Originally Posted by swampthing View Post
    He was a bit slow in reactions when answering questions about the Beijing Olympics opening ceremony.

I'm sure if his wife has passed on we'd hear about it.
    Are you sure it wont be delayed? I remember back then a Today journalist got her media card suspended/removed for reporting on a particular illness that Ms LKY got when travelling somewhere.
    Canon EOS 30D , EF 17-40mm F4L USM , EF-S 55-250mm F/4-5.6 IS

Quote Originally Posted by eosdigital View Post
    Are you sure it wont be delayed? I remember back then a Today journalist got her media card suspended/removed for reporting on a particular illness that Ms LKY got when travelling somewhere.
    doesn't it goes through the editor?

Quote Originally Posted by espion View Post
    awesome pics here ...
    Thanks for the link.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234