Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony

Default Re: Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony

it is excited to watch from TV boardcasting, but if you are spectator inside the stadium, it may not feel as complete. Very great work indeed by Zhang!

Quote Originally Posted by GOMUS View Post
    it is excited to watch from TV boardcasting, but if you are spectator inside the stadium, it may not feel as complete. Very great work indeed by Zhang!
    actually the commentors were bad.

they do not know their history...really bad....

was it from Aust Broad Corp ?

leona lewis love.

I watched the BBC commentary.

They mentioned "their leader Lee Kwan Yew" when Malaysia marched in.
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

Quote Originally Posted by adamadam View Post

The Opening ceremony was truly spectacular. I was on the phone with a lot of friends in China during the telecast and all of us agreed that this was the best show that they could put up. This was also a beautiful signal to the rest of the world that a new era has begun.

I particularly liked the fireworks depicting the marching of footsteps to the stadium. I stayed back for the repeat telecast of that particular segment
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt....

too bad, it's really obvious that the west commentors even the top branded channel / station crews did not do their homework before "talking ****"....

I wouldn't be surprise again these kind of mistakes happen when the events host are from East. The west just better brush up their homework if they want to continue brand their standard as world standard....

Poor Old Man Lee ... he was almost dozing off on TV. Pity the Father of Singapore, he has to fly back from Beijing to Singapore to attend the National Day Parade. But I am sure our National Day Parade will excel and the Olimpics Opening Ceremony will pay in comparision to our National Birthday. We must not let our Father down.

Quote Originally Posted by swampthing View Post
    Huh? Please. NDP is utter crap. especially compared to the opening ceremony. It was very impressive.

Seriously, I am not impressed by the Opening Ceremony. The events are all expected. Operas, ancient dances bah bah... Nothing really new. I am expecting something special. Quite disappointed by it. Firework is ok and better than I expected but I think they could have done better. The fireworks sequence was just other repetition work. I hope they have better programme for the ending ceremony.

Quote Originally Posted by espion View Post
    awesome pics here ...
    Nice! Thks for the link

Wonder what it be like if Spielberg have not resigned ...

Also see here for another perspective
    Hmmm ... the man appears to have a weak mind and sensory problems during the coverage ...was he on something? Kekeke … or maybe had a couple of beers during the event

Quote Originally Posted by ernest_ted View Post
    maybe we shd have 43 giant foot prints fireworks......
    Hmm... i think is possible ... but may have to start from very far away... if not the foot prints may end up at the wrong end or side of the island
    Last edited by CSlye; 10th August 2008 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tokrot View Post
    Seriously, I am not impressed by the Opening Ceremony. The events are all expected. Operas, ancient dances bah bah... Nothing really new. I am expecting something special. Quite disappointed by it. Firework is ok and better than I expected but I think they could have done better. The fireworks sequence was just other repetition work. I hope they have better programme for the ending ceremony.
    It is expected to have those chinese or eastern items. But the way it was presented that impressed us the most. If the 1st Olypic game in China was presented with totally abstract arts, western opera, dinosaurs, or something like speed racers, walt disney..... etc... that would really drop everyone's jaws! By then would it be more disappointment or praise???

Wonder what it be like if Spielberg have not resigned ...

Also see here for another perspective
    Then you have Jurassic Park dinosaur running all around lor. Ppl just love to politicised the games.

Can't compare NDP to this la. Diff scale, diff budget and timeframe.

Quote Originally Posted by adamadam View Post

I didn't notice. Also the guy is pronouncing the Chinese hanyu pinyin as if it was English instead of at least trying to make it sound closer to the real thing. So Zhang sounded like Jang.

I feel maybe they should had gotten an ethnic Chinese commentator?

Talking Re: Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony

Quote Originally Posted by shorty View Post
    It is expected to have those chinese or eastern items. But the way it was presented that impressed us the most. If the 1st Olypic game in China was presented with totally abstract arts, western opera, dinosaurs, or something like speed racers, walt disney..... etc... that would really drop everyone's jaws! By then would it be more disappointment or praise???
    Ya I know, It's about culture thing. I understand. But the theme is too long. Almost all theme events were evolving around ancient times, kinda boring to me. What I wanna see is modern china, harmony for 56 ethnic groups, which they showed very briefly. Only the space ball event is interesting.. Anyway not really that bad but quite boring to me.. Maybe I was expecting too much..

Quote Originally Posted by swampthing View Post
    Huh? Please. NDP is utter crap. especially compared to the opening ceremony. It was very impressive.
    i wouldn't compare ndp with that. no matter how ndp is, it is still our national day parades and i will prefer the nation to be truely good and morally upright rather than just to look good and "got face".

to distinguish cleanly from the various other issues on the olympics, this opening ceremony is quite a success. a pity one of the dancer may become paralysed due to an accident though. remember our nkf performances, we wouldn't be saying the same thing if one of the performers made to do the defying stunts became paralysed for that. a lot has been put in indeed, but hopefully with a bigger heart in future.

Quote Originally Posted by tokrot View Post
    that is good enough. i would rather the money be well spent on helping in post disaster aids rather than further on the olympics, or on other things they are being criticised for.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Lee View Post
    Poor Old Man Lee ... he was almost dozing off on TV. Pity the Father of Singapore, he has to fly back from Beijing to Singapore to attend the National Day Parade. But I am sure our National Day Parade will excel and the Olimpics Opening Ceremony will pay in comparision to our National Birthday. We must not let our Father down.
    As expected, age has caught up with that old fella...imagine flying back immediatelly at midnight to arrive back at singapore around 5am. THEN later barely 12 hours later he attended the NDP.

BTW, have people noticed if LKY's face was black during the ndp? Rumours has it that his wife has finally kicked the bucket recently?
    Canon EOS 30D , EF 17-40mm F4L USM , EF-S 55-250mm F/4-5.6 IS

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla Invades View Post
    I am so happy China is hosting the Olympics! Although they lost to Australia by one vote in the 2000 bid but it was for the best.

As a Chinese, I m very happy to see this happening on a memorable day. After all it's where some our roots came from and for those who are still directly link with their families back in China.

This is the most spectacular Olympics opening. Nothing beats this......
    For NDP........I guess some are "force to go to be volunteers".......keke.

For the Beijing Olympics, I think the volunteers are "proud" to be joining as part of the 15,000 volunteers.

No doubt the Olympics can't be compare but even the China National Day celebration is much more interesting than the NDP ones......
    Up for you & Singapore

I am so happy that you compare the NDP of the little red dot to the National Day of the incoming world super power which a population 1.3 billions

Quote Originally Posted by eosdigital View Post
    As expected, age has caught up with that old fella...imagine flying back immediatelly at midnight to arrive back at singapore around 5am. THEN later barely 12 hours later he attended the NDP.

BTW, have people noticed if LKY's face was black during the ndp? Rumours has it that his wife has finally kicked the bucket recently?
    He look good, at his age he is still working so hard for Singapore so why must you be so harsh.
    Admins & Mods say something.

Again, it's rumours which i've heard over at HWZ and sgForums. No offense intended.
    Canon EOS 30D , EF 17-40mm F4L USM , EF-S 55-250mm F/4-5.6 IS

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast