Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Singapore to win how many medals?

Default Re: Singapore to win how many medals?

We have won medals as already predicted here. Question is can we win another? Hmm, looking at the 'gulf in standards' in the ladies finals, this is going to be tough. At best, maybe a bronze ......... but only if 'our girls' tried their best which I do not think they did .... how can they be trying their best if they can smile on TV .... look at the chinese player, Zhang, she looks downright serious. Anyway, i think the chinese players gave singapore 2 games in total as a 'gift-in kind'; afterall, they are playing in the hall donated by the late Singaporean 'Khoo' ($35m); ever wonder why he donated so much $ to a building in China & not to charity in Singapore like NKF?

Quote Originally Posted by s598719 View Post
    We have won medals as already predicted here. Question is can we win another? Hmm, looking at the 'gulf in standards' in the ladies finals, this is going to be tough. At best, maybe a bronze ......... but only if 'our girls' tried their best which I do not think they did .... how can they be trying their best if they can smile on TV .... look at the chinese player, Zhang, she looks downright serious. Anyway, i think the chinese players gave singapore 2 games in total as a 'gift-in kind'; afterall, they are playing in the hall donated by the late Singaporean 'Khoo' ($35m); ever wonder why he donated so much $ to a building in China & not to charity in Singapore like NKF?
    come on lah friend, donation to anywhere was his choice. i have a friend, made-in singapore, excelled in USA but donate to stamford U which nothing he did over there prior excel. I thought why not NUS or NTU or your poly?

was at vivo city the other day when the repeat the match (table tennis), over heard some guys from china saying its a match between china itself, wonder why singaporean gets so excited. they continue to say, get your own people to fight your battles if you have pride. to which, i agree. all 3 ladies plus the lady swimmer are all imports. so we just imports more talents to fight our next oly battles in 4yrs time?

having said that, i am not trying to take their moments of glory from them, they had trained hard and deserve the medals and cheers, but i am just not convince its our own singapore glory.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

...they are playing in the hall donated by the late Singaporean 'Khoo' ($35m); ever wonder why he donated so much $ to a building in China & not to charity in Singapore like NKF?
    Because he knew something about NKF we didn't.

My friend said that our 'Chinese' players are still patriots .... to China of course so they are happy to let the China team win. Hossan said on FM 98.0 radio he saw them humming the Chinese national anthelm. So i guess they face many conflicts within themselves: 1. they are happy they won medals for their adopted country; 2. they are happy China has won. But they could never be unpatriotic as to win the team gold medal from China. But i guess the individual events are a different ball game; they would want to win gold for themselves.

you think singapore's charities is viable after the NKF saga?
    Canon EOS 30D , EF 17-40mm F4L USM , EF-S 55-250mm F/4-5.6 IS

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    was at vivo city the other day when the repeat the match (table tennis), over heard some guys from china saying its a match between china itself, wonder why singaporean gets so excited. they continue to say, get your own people to fight your battles if you have pride........
    These Chinese from China are different from Chinese overseas. They have been brainwashed for so long; they are such fanatics (like Mao's Red Guards). Always saying how good & proud they are. Truth is they are still far behind the development curve.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12