Thread: Slow Export in Lightroom

Default Slow Export in Lightroom

Hey guys, i'm not sure if u experienced this before. But after editing, i find that it is really really slow exporting my files to Jpg. After i burnt the images to DVD, my friend still has alot of problems downloading the files as it takes a very long time as well.

Anyone knows the cause of this?

Default Re: Slow Export in Lightroom

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lim View Post
    Hey guys, i'm not sure if u experienced this before. But after editing, i find that it is really really slow exporting my files to Jpg. After i burnt the images to DVD, my friend still has alot of problems downloading the files as it takes a very long time as well.

could it be the amount of ram that your friend is having that led to the very long time taken for the files to be transferred?
    D800 | D700|16mm f2.8D|35 f1.4G|50 f1.8G|60mm F2.8D|85mm f1.4G|16-35 f4G|70-200 f2.8 VR2| SB900

Very often, when you open a disc full of images, your operating system will attempt to show them as thumbnails, and that may slow down the copy.
    Try showing the folder content as a simple list, no thumbnail. You may as well close the folder window to make sure.

Otherwise, like spazzer, the most likely reason is lack of physical RAM, which forces the computer to use the hard-disk as RAM.

Quote Originally Posted by xavsto View Post
    Very often, when you open a disc full of images, your operating system will attempt to show them as thumbnails, and that may slow down the copy.
    Try showing the folder content as a simple list, no thumbnail. You may as well close the folder window to make sure.

Otherwise, like spazzer, the most likely reason is lack of physical RAM, which forces the computer to use the hard-disk as RAM.
    and yeah note if you are using a shared graphics ram would be taken up by the graphics card
    D800 | D700|16mm f2.8D|35 f1.4G|50 f1.8G|60mm F2.8D|85mm f1.4G|16-35 f4G|70-200 f2.8 VR2| SB900

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lim View Post

how about sharing with us your computer stats that causes this and maybe some of our friendly guys around may offer you some help