Thread: Help Needed

Default Help Needed

I just bought a 2nd hand D70s
    I accidentally reset the previous setting of the camera.
    As I am new to photography would like to seek the help of the pros as to wat is the ideal setting for the manual mode.

Default Re: Help Needed

Start with the P-mode, Digital Vari-programs (or called SCENE mode in PnS)

hi thanks for the recommendation
    would liketo post this question.
    what should i set the camera to to get a gd firework pic on this sat?
    what is the cheapest tripod you can recommend

Quote Originally Posted by jwpoon View Post
    hi thanks for the recommendation
    would liketo post this question.
    It's best to shoot in M mode for fireworks. A fixed shutter speed (normally either bulb or limited to about 6 to 15 secs)

As for tripod, pls dun skimp on it.... when the whole rig falls over due to instability, then you'd know how expensive the mistake will be
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Some rely on F5.6 aperture & 2 to 4 seconds (depending on brightness of fireworks) or F8 aperture & 8 seconds as starting point for fireworks setting

how to i set that
    Please advise.
    where to get the tripod any recommendation

how to i set that
    Please advise.
    where to get the tripod any recommendation
    Dude, read your manual. If you can't even set aperture and shutter speed, maybe a DSLR is too much for you. You do have a manual, right? You do know how to go to www.nikon.com and download one?

Getting a DSLR for an event in 1-2 days time when you don't have the slightest clue on how to use it is quite silly. You should have a basic understanding of photography before trying a DSLR.
    Alpha

thread starter, check your PM(private message)

anyway,

fireworks settings , depends. i've seen the photographer next to me use f5.6, while the other guy next to me is using f8 while me myself, im using f11. and all 3 of us are not using bulb mode (lol?)

a good tripod will bring you a long way .. by the way, what lens are you using....

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Dude, read your manual. If you can't even set aperture and shutter speed, maybe a DSLR is too much for you. You do have a manual, right? You do know how to go to www.nikon.com and download one?

Getting a DSLR for an event in 1-2 days time when you don't have the slightest clue on how to use it is quite silly. You should have a basic understanding of photography before trying a DSLR.
    Agreed.
    D∞X, 1-∞ mm F0.17. I like to show off my equipment list because I'm pro. My Flickr

try finding someone else who's going, and tag along to learn. it'll help alot. just don't annoy the person when he/she is trying to shoot

Or you can read Ken Rockwell's review for D70 (not so different from your D70s I think) and start from there.
    http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d70.htm
    Click... and the moment lives forever

Quote Originally Posted by H4lcyon View Post
    Or you can read Ken Rockwell's review for D70 (not so different from your D70s I think) and start from there.
    http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d70.htm
    haha that too. but seriously, don;t expect spectacular shots since you only started asking about it 2 days before you shoot.

ts , you going there itself as in at the platform ? if you are , check pm for my contact number . my parents, gf and friend will be there too at blue sector, but i've got the NDP pass so i can walk around all sectors, can find you and give you a quick crashcourse

im assuming, you're using the 18-70 kit lens

HI,
    I counld not get the tickets for the show so I will be at the grass patch near the NTUC building.
    Using 18-55 lens.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post

I understand what you mean.
    Sorry for asking stupid question. Have read the manual.
    Please forgive me for my stupidity.