Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie looking for advice on DSLR

Default Re: Newbie looking for advice on DSLR

Quote Originally Posted by jxlex View Post
    actually I've very much sized down to pentax... Now just considering either getting a second hand pentax k100d or k10d...

Not that other brands are no good or anything though

I started ten years ago w a SLR Pentax and hence decided to give my old friend another go...

Btw, how to identify a wide angle, macro, zoom lens etc?

That's how out of touch I am already... Shutter aperature still can roughyly remember... All the hardware return to my teacher Liao... LOL
    Good choice bro.

Pentax cameras are pretty decent and it's easier to get lenses as compared to before where the 2 big camps dominate the market.

I would suggest that you get a K10D which gives you more and it's really worth.

In the film days, a 50mm lens is consider a standard lens. Anything below that is consider a wide angle lens and anything above is consider a tele lens. Anyway, just get a kit lens and you would be ready to go and get some decent pictures.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    Good choice bro.

Pentax cameras are pretty decent and it's easier to get lenses as compared to before where the 2 big camps dominate the market.

I would suggest that you get a K10D which gives you more and it's really worth.

In the film days, a 50mm lens is consider a standard lens. Anything below that is consider a wide angle lens and anything above is consider a tele lens. Anyway, just get a kit lens and you would be ready to go and get some decent pictures.
    LOL.... just a lucky choice

I am very into macro (or rather zoom in really close to my insect & animal friends dun think it qualifies as macro) and candid portraits in the past. Enjoyed the results i get while standing there in the dark room wondering how did it come out like this...

nowadays for work i do travel more often hence looking into something more wide to capture the beautiful places i visit...

But honestly, the way you eplained it made it really really clear for me... thanks much bro

Quote Originally Posted by jxlex View Post
    LOL.... just a lucky choice

I am very into macro (or rather zoom in really close to my insect & animal friends dun think it qualifies as macro) and candid portraits in the past. Enjoyed the results i get while standing there in the dark room wondering how did it come out like this...

nowadays for work i do travel more often hence looking into something more wide to capture the beautiful places i visit...

But honestly, the way you eplained it made it really really clear for me... thanks much bro
    No worries bro. Glad that it helped.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

sorry ... like to borrow this thread to ask few newbies questions:

what are the things to look out for when we buy a dslr at the shop?
    what are basic functions we should check? and how if possible to explain in here.

Quote Originally Posted by acitinium View Post
    sorry ... like to borrow this thread to ask few newbies questions:

what are the things to look out for when we buy a dslr at the shop?
    what are basic functions we should check? and how if possible to explain in here.
    For me, things to look out for should be ergonomics, weight, button layout, test shots at different settings (ISO especially, for me)... Specs and functionalities should already be read up on before going to the shops so that you can explore more at the shop. If after visiting the shop and feeling the camera, you still have some doubts, go read some more. I need to convince myself of a camera that I want before I will buy.

Having said that, I don't have a dSLR yet... Have been considering for quite some time now...
    incywincyspider climbup the waterspout...

thanks ... gotten myself 450d

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    For me, things to look out for should be ergonomics, weight, button layout, test shots at different settings (ISO especially, for me)... Specs and functionalities should already be read up on before going to the shops so that you can explore more at the shop. If after visiting the shop and feeling the camera, you still have some doubts, go read some more. I need to convince myself of a camera that I want before I will buy.

Having said that, I don't have a dSLR yet... Have been considering for quite some time now...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12