Thread: Pinkish picture problem with Canon IXUS 430

Unhappy Pinkish picture problem with Canon IXUS 430

Hello everyone,

Greetings to you all. I'm new to this great place so not entirely sure if this is the right place for this but here goes..

I have a problem with my canon ixus 430 and I was wondering if anyone here can give me an insight to the problem.

To cut the long story short, I whisked out my compact camera today after 2 years of inactivity and realized that the pictures I took had a pinkish frame to it. There is also like a strip of it that has this pinkish tone graduating colour (sort of like fading off). Also the lcd appears very dim when I am trying to take a picture.

What may be the problem, if I may ask? This camera has been neglected for a long time (guilty of not making use of it often enough =() Is it broken? I hardly use it so it was definitely treated gently, away from rain. Never dropped it before either.

Can someone enlighten me as to what the problem may be and how I can go around solving it?

Many thanks in advance!!

Default Re: Pinkish picture problem with Canon IXUS 430

bring it to canon service centre and have the sensor replace. think its free as its a known manufacturer defect.

they repaired my wife's ixus for free..same problem as yours.

Default Re: Pinkish picture problem with Canon IXUS 430