Thread: Can't see my folders on my desktop anymore on iMac G5, it went back to standard mode?

Default Can't see my folders on my desktop anymore on iMac G5, it went back to standard mode?

Hi

Yesterday night my niece was using my iMac G5, and according to her (I wasn't there) the screen suddenly behaved strangely, the folders started to re-arrange by itself, and some disappeared.......

I then choose to 'Clean Up' from the Finder.............and I thought that was it.

The iMac was switched off, and this morning when I started it up, I get a different desktop: all my folders on the desktop are gone, I only see the HDD and the Dock also went from right and hidden to bottom and not hidden........

Please help me, I am not sure what happened, how can I get back my folders on the desktop?

HS

Default Re: Can't see my folders on my desktop anymore on iMac G5, it went back to standard m

Also, I was using Firefox all the time, and now Firefox disappeared from the Dock....I had to put it there again from my applications.......same for Microsoft Office icons

HS