Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38

Thread: Where to get confetti for wedding?

  1. #1

    Default Where to get confetti for wedding?

    Hi,

    Does any one know where I can get confetti for weddings? Friends and i wanna throw some during our good pal's wedding.

    Been searching and only came up with "party poppers" which is not quite what we want....

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Where to get confetti for wedding?

    how about a hole puncher

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Where to get confetti for wedding?

    office shedder?

  4. #4

    Default Re: Where to get confetti for wedding?

    Go around the office and empty out the hole punchers
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

  5. #5

    Default Re: Where to get confetti for wedding?

    Actually you would want to check if the venue allow you to do that.... cause some venues would not. Anyway, you can try getting rose petals or rice (if it's out door) instead of paper confetti.

    And if you want those paper ones... there are huge party tudes thingie in the market that really threw out lots of confetti.... two would mess up a garden easily.
    Last edited by Nisa; 7th August 2008 at 08:13 AM.

  6. #6
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Where to get confetti for wedding?

    most churches are not allow using confetti.

    you can try SKP see what the have..


    there are huge party tudes thingie in the market that really threw out lots of confetti.... two would mess up a garden easily.
    warning, do not using this when there are babies and young children around, they will get frighten and cry because of the loud sound.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  7. #7

    Default Re: Where to get confetti for wedding?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nisa View Post
    Actually you would want to check if the venue allow you to do that.... cause some venues would not. Anyway, you can try getting rose petals or rice (if it's out door) instead of paper confetti.

    And if you want those paper ones... there are huge party tudes thingie in the market that really threw out lots of confetti.... two would mess up a garden easily.
    rice now very expensive, rose petals also. of the two, i would suggest rose petals. don't waste food most party stores (there's one opposite the old nafa) have confetti

  8. #8

    Default Re: Where to get confetti for wedding?

    Quote Originally Posted by vonlichenstein View Post
    rice now very expensive, rose petals also. of the two, i would suggest rose petals. don't waste food most party stores (there's one opposite the old nafa) have confetti
    piang!! u throwing how many KGs? plus the birds can eat it afterwards, so no need to clean up.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Where to get confetti for wedding?

    Birds eat rose petals?

  10. #10

    Default Re: Where to get confetti for wedding?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Birds eat rose petals?
    the rice lah

  11. #11

    Default Re: Where to get confetti for wedding?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Birds eat rose petals?
    LOL. why does it not surprise me you asked, DM?

  12. #12

    Default Re: Where to get confetti for wedding?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nisa View Post
    the rice lah
    You neber specify mah!

  13. #13

    Default Re: Where to get confetti for wedding?

    Quote Originally Posted by vonlichenstein View Post
    LOL. why does it not surprise me you asked, DM?
    OOh...you know me so well already!

  14. #14

    Default Re: Where to get confetti for wedding?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    OOh...you know me so well already!
    eh no PDA here, i shy. we go back exposed thread to PDA

  15. #15
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Where to get confetti for wedding?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nisa View Post
    the rice lah
    I read along time ago in the States where throwing rice was a traditional thingy .. it has been discouraged or banned in some places as there were cases of pigeons or birds that ate the rice in it's dry form. The problem was when they drink water, the rice expanded... and yup...lots of dead birds from bloated stomach that burst due to the bloating of rices.

    if this is true heheh...nasty scene man at the wedding heh
    Last edited by sammy888; 7th August 2008 at 02:06 PM.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Where to get confetti for wedding?

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    I read along time ago in the States where throwing rice was a traditional thingy .. it has been discouraged or banned in some places as there were cases of pigeons or birds that ate the rice in it's dry form. The problem was when they drink water, the rice expanded... and yup...lots of dead birds from bloated stomach that burst due to the bloating of rices.

    if this is true heheh...nasty scene man at the wedding heh
    okay lah... can throw bird seeds lor......

  17. #17

    Default Re: Where to get confetti for wedding?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nisa View Post
    okay lah... can throw bird seeds lor......
    be more green, throw grass seeds. or throw towgay seeds. then after wedding can harvest and use for wedding dinner.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Where to get confetti for wedding?

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    I read along time ago in the States where throwing rice was a traditional thingy .. it has been discouraged or banned in some places as there were cases of pigeons or birds that ate the rice in it's dry form. The problem was when they drink water, the rice expanded... and yup...lots of dead birds from bloated stomach that burst due to the bloating of rices.

    if this is true heheh...nasty scene man at the wedding heh
    Bird rice cookers!
    Fresh meat too!
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

  19. #19
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Where to get confetti for wedding?

    Quote Originally Posted by adamadam View Post
    Bird rice cookers!
    Fresh meat too!
    Man...that could be a new wedding dish heheh... like beggars chicken like that heeeeeee

  20. #20

    Default Re: Where to get confetti for wedding?

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    Man...that could be a new wedding dish heheh... like beggars chicken like that heeeeeee
    sounds good. eh invite me, i help you pick up the birds after they drink water!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •